Whoa, first time I've seen a pic of a giant sturgeon, thanx fer posting

welcome dear.....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-6-2006 03:51 PM | Show all posts

The Aye-Aye

The aye-aye, a species of lemur, is
the largest nocturnal primate in the world and is found in dense
tropical forest on the island of Madagascar.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2006 04:14 PM | Show all posts

CREATURE OF LEGEND COMES TRUE?

It´s no secret that the Japanese love monsters of all shapes and sizes, real or imagined, almost more than they love technology but this time there´s a monster too much out there - Kappa! We don´t trust it very much ourselves but feel that we can´t with hold it from our readers, especially because it´s researched by our very reliable man in Tokyo, Mr. Zatoshi Niwamoto.

The person who took the picture remains anonymous. The picture is taken outside Tohno-city, North East of Honshyu-island (in Central Japan) but the date is unknown. According to the paper which published the picture there has been rumors of Kappa-creatures for decades in the area.

Zatoshi Niwamoto: "Kappa is such a famous and widespread legend that a local TV station has offered 10 million yen (almost $ 83,000) for capturing the creature and installed a web camera, so that viewers can search from their homes for it".

This is what the Japanese has found out so far about the strange creature, Kappa:

1) It lives in or near rivers.
2) It looks like a 5 year-old human child.
3) Its arms and legs are slender.
4) It has 4 fingers on each hand, and 3 toes on the foot, which are all webbed.
5) It has a huge head.
6) It has big eyes, a small nose and ears. The mouth looks like the beak of a duck.
7) It usually walks on its two legs but sometimes on all four (hands and feet).
8) It sometimes attacks humans who traverse a river and suck their blood.
9) It has been classified as an amphibian, if it really exist.

"The newspaper itself has no reputation of being trustworthy, but than an amateur scientist group analyzed the photo and claimed that it was is true to more than 98%", say´s Zatoshi Niwamoto. "Later on however, it turned out that this group had only analyzed the reflection of the object. They insisted that a certain species has a certain reflection pattern, so that they could say that the animal was an amphibian, but I think it is impossible to clarify what the animal in the photo is, just from using its reflection pattern from a newspapers photo and I have now dismissed it".

When GUST posted this news to our subscribers we heard from Bobbie Short in the USA, who apparently has written the "Hominid Dictionary Book.

In it she claims that "Hibagon" is a Japanese for "Kappa" and goes on to say: "Japan: Encounters with 'ogres' of ancient times on Mt. Ryuo in Hibayama Mountains range of Hiroshima, described the same as North American bigfoot-like creatures are also reported on nearby Japanese islands. Note: "Kappa" and "Mu-Jimi" are alternate names, same meaning".

However, the Kappa does not appear to be the same thing as the Hibagon, because Zatoshi Niwamoto, has researched this very thoroughly and concludes: "Hibagon looks like a Bigfoot, but not like Kappa. These two hidden animals are completely different ones".

Even if the picture of the alleged Kappa is a fake the legend could be true or at least we couldn´t exclude that without further investigation, which in any case would be very difficult because the creature is based in Japan. We´ll leave it at that for the time being and await next development from the Land of the Rising Sun...

"MUMMIFIED" KAPPA

FOUND AT AN OLD HOUSE

The mummy, about 40 centi-
meters long, was found at an old house in Saga Prefecture. The hollow on the top of the head suggests that it is a kappa which has been mentioned about a "dish" on the head by many legends.

In August 1, 1984, one of sightings in the present-day occurred on Iduhara Town in Tsushima, an island of Nagasaki Prefecture. Mr. Ryusaku Shirozaki who was coming back from fishing at midnight, saw a naked human-like creature running across under a street lamp in front of his home. The creature was about 1 meter tall and had hair on the head, and a pointed mouth.

On the next morning, when Mr. Shirozaki examined the site, he found a lot of wet footprints which suggested the creature came out from and went back into a nearby river. Since the wet footprints did not disappear despite rising of the sun, he touched them and realized they had been some kind of secretion.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-6-2006 11:07 AM | Show all posts

Oarfish Regulus glesne

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-6-2006 03:30 PM | Show all posts
Emow Emow Emow...
kappa 2 bukan lagenda dewa kat japan kan ? pelik lah gambo 2 cam orang minyak plak...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2006 09:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sephia_liza at 19-1-2006 12:54 PM
haiwan ape ni...apa pendapat korang...:stp:

Yang ni Species Ampibia iaitu Ajolote/worm lizard. Hidupnya di bawah tanah dan sekali sekala akan tanah ke atas terutama sekali selepas hujan lebat. Cuma terdapat di Amerika sahaja paling tepat kawasan San Francisco

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 26-4-2007 03:13 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2007 01:16 AM | Show all posts

CUBA COMPARE BOTH MAKLUK YG DIKATAKAN MERMAID NIH . .

Originally posted by sephia_liza at 17-4-2006 03:13 PM

SEVERAL PHOTOS OF DEAD MERMAID FOUND NEAR BORNEO

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-5-2007 03:13 PM | Show all posts
huduh rupanya mermaid ingatkan lawa

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 03:48 PM | Show all posts
tu gambar mermaid betul2 ke?ataupun tipoooooooooo............

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 04:28 PM | Show all posts

Legend of Chupacabra

Chupacabra atau yang biasa juga disebut El Chupacabara merupakan sebutan bagi makhluk misteri yang beberapa tahun belakangan ini menjadi ketakutan bagi warga di Benua Amerika, terutama Amerika Tengah dan Amerika Latin. Maksud Chupacabra sendiri berasal dari bahasa Spanyol yang mempunyai erti " pemangsa/penghisap Darah Kambing", kerana sejak kemunculannya di beberapa dekad ahir-ahir ini, makluk misteri yang mempunyai kebiasaan menyerang kemudian menghisap darah binatang ternak, terutama kambing, telah banyak diperbincangkan oleh warga di Benua Amerika.

Salah seorang saksi yg berasal Puerto Rico menceritakan pengalamannya bertemu dengan makhluk tersebut pada awal tahun 90-an, beliau berkata telah melihat makluk aneh, mirip seekor anjing, namun berjalan dengan dua kaki saja, dan memiliki tulang belakang membentang dari leher ke pangkal ekor, yang pada saat itu sedang menangkap salah satu binatang ternaknya. Setelah disergah, makhluk misteri itu kemudian menghilangkan diri dengan gaya berlari mirip dengan seekor Tyranosaurus Rex/T-Rex.

Legenda Chupacabra sendiri sudah mulai banyak diperbincangkan kira-kira pada tahun 1987, dimana salah satu surat khabar harian Puerto Rico, El Vocero dan El Nuevo,melaporkan mengenai seringnya terjadi pembunuhan binatang2 ternak seperti ayam, kuda, sapi dan juga kambing di beberapa wilayah negara tersebut. Pertama kali, dugaan pembunuhan terhadap binatang2 ternak tersebut dilakukan oleh manusia yg mengikuti ajaran sesat seperti ilmu hitam. Namun lambat laun dugaan ini hilang, dan ahirnya pembunuhan terhadap binatang ternak hampir menular di seluruh wilayah negara Puerto Rico, sehingga kebanyakan penternak kehilangan binatang2 ternak mereka.

Setelah terjadi di Puerto Rico, kejadian sama juga muncul di negara-negara Amerika Latin dan Amerika Tengah lainnya seperti Republic Dominica, Argentina, Bolivia, Chilie, Colombia, Chile, Honduras, El Salvador, Panama, Peru, Brazil, USA, dan Mexico. Pada saat itu juga, berita mengenai Chupacabra mula disiarkan beberapa kali oleh Channel Television Inggeris, Sepanyol, dan negara2 Eropah lainnya.

Pada July 2004, seorang penternak dekat San Antonio, telah membunuh makhluk menyerupai anjing namun tidak berbulu yang telah membunuh beberapa ekor binatang ternaknya. Banyak yang beranggapan makhluk misteri yang telah dibunuh oleh penternak tersebut merupakan seekor Elmendorf Creature. Pada bulan Oktober 2004, makhluk menyerupai Elmendorf Creatur terlihat kembali di wilayah peternakan San Antonio.

Kisah lainnya juga diikuti oleh peternak di wilayah Coleman, Texas yang bernama Leggie Lagow. Pada pertengahan tahun 2005,dia berjaya menangkap seekor binatang aneh yang belum pernah dikenali sebelumnya. Menurut katanya, dia curiga mengenai kematian sejumlah ayam peliharaannya yang kebelakangan ini sering terjadi di kawasan penternakannya.

Pada bulan April tahun 2006, MosNews melaporkan bahawa Chupacabra telah dilihat buat pertama kalinya di Rusia. Laporannya dimulai dari wilayah Rusia tengah pada tahun 2005, dimana diceritakan oleh seorang saksi, seekor makhluk aneh telah membunuh tiga puluh ekor binatang ternak dalam waktu satu malam dan menghisap darahnya. Laporan selanjutnya dari sebuah desa di Neigboring Rusia, diberitakan 30 ekor binatang ternak dibunuh secara misteri dengan darah di bahagian dalam binatang2 tersebut telah kering seperti habis dihisap.

Sejauh ini sudah banyak bukti-bukti mengenai kemunculan makluk ini, baik berupa bangkai/mahupun saksi2 yang melihat binatang tersebut. Beberapa penemuan bangkai/perburuan yang dilakukan ahli penduduk terhadap haiwan misteri tersebut, diserahkan kepada doktor haiwan untuk diteliti lebih lanjut.

Sejauh ini, banyak orang Puerto Rico beranggapan bahawa Chupacabra merupakan makluk dari hasil rekaan genetik dari suatu lembaga penelitian Amerika Syarikat, yang kabur dari Laboratorium di El Yunque, sebuah laboratorium di Timur Puerto Rico yang telah rosak akibat angin taufan di awal tahun 90'an.

Tak kurang juga ada yg beranggapan Chupacabra ada hubungan erat dengan Makluk Asing (alien / ET)

Gambar di atas disyaki merupakan seekor Chupacabra yg telah dibunuh oleh seorang penduduk di suatu Wilayah di Bolivia.

Seekor Chupacabra yg disyaki berjaya ditangkap oleh kamera pada waktu malam.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 04:52 PM | Show all posts

dragon fossil?

This juvenile specimen found in Western Europe proves the existence ofthese beasts of myth and legend. Its large bat-like wings probablyenabled it to fly at incredible speeds, making it a swift and a deadlyhunter.
Lived 1500- 3000 Years Ago

Name means: Deadly Fire lizard
Family: Smolderus Reptillidae
Length: Up to 90 ft.
Weight: 40-50 tons

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 05:00 PM | Show all posts

Golden Mantled Kangaroo

Satu Lagi haiwan langka berhasil diketemukan di Indonesia. Kangaroo pohon golden-mantled yang diduga susah pupus, pada akhir tahun 2005 berhasil ditemukan oleh pasukan pengkaji gabungan National Geographic Society Amerika, Conservation International Australia, dan Pusat Penelitian Biologi Institut Indonesia di pegunungan Foja Papua. Menurut Para Peneliti, Kangaroo Golden Mantled merupakan Kangaroo jenis paling langka di dunia, dan diperkirakan mungkin jumlahnya yang masih hidup tidak lebih dari 10 ekor.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 05:11 PM | Show all posts

'Hybrid Mutant' Found Dead in Maine. Is it Chupacabra?

A creature that was found dead after apparently being hit by a car in Turner, Maine, is shown Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006. For the past 15 years, residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night. Now, residents are wondering if the animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation. Photo courtesy of Michelle O'Donnell

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 06:29 PM | Show all posts

Legend of The Thunderbird

Thunderbird is a term used in cryptozoology to describe large, bird-like creatures, generally identified with the Thunderbird of Native American myth and folklore. Similar cryptids reported in the Old World are often called rocs. Although Rocs are generally regarded as being eagles like the gigantic Haast eagle of New Zealand, which would have been dismissed as myth if not for fossil evidence, thunderbirds, on the other hand, are regarded by a small number of researchers as having lizard features like the pterosaurs and pteranodon. As most people assume these creatures did not survive from the time of dinosaurs, they are generally regarded by most people as mythological.

This article deals with modern sightings (the last 200 years) of such a creature, reported as real, as opposed to clearly mythological accounts, though believers in the phenomenon often use the Indian legends as further evidence for their claims.

Modern sightings of giant birds

In Alton, Illinois, in 1947 there was a rash of sightings in which the witnesses described having seen impossibly large birds. In early April of that year, a farmer named Robert Price reported a 憁onster bird... bigger than an airplane

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2007 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sephia_liza at 19-6-2006 04:14 PM

It磗 no secret that the Japanese love monsters of all shapes and sizes, real or imagined, almost more than they love technology but牋...

wahhh....ingatkan character kappa dlm carbon kid tu rekaan je..
rupenyer based on KAPPA jpon rupenyer...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-5-2007 04:12 PM | Show all posts

Purple frog delights scientists

The chubby, seven-centimetre-long, purple amphibian with a pointy snout was found hopping around in the Western Ghats, a range of hills in western India.
Scientists have given it the name Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis, from the Sanskrit word for nose (nasika); batrachus, meaning frog; and Sahyadri, the name for its mountain home. Its head appears too small for its body and it looks more like a squat, grumpy blob than a living creature.

But to the scientists who describe it in the journal Nature, the frog is a beautiful find because of what it tells them about Earth history. "It is an important discovery because it tells us something about the early evolution of advanced frogs that we would not know otherwise because there are no fossil records from this lineage," says Franky Bossuyt, of Free University of Brussels, Belgium.
Bossuyt and colleague S D Biju, of the Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute in Kerala, say N. sahyandrensis is related to a family of frogs in the Seychelles called Sooglossidae. DNA analysis suggests the common ancestor of the animals lived 130 million years ago, when the planet's landmasses were joined together into a giant supercontinent called Gondwana.
Its subsequent break-up would have sent the frogs on a diverging path of evolutionary development.
"People have been wondering about the closest relative of Sooglossidae, the ones that live on the Seychelles," Bossuyt told the Reuters news agency.  "There was a theory that maybe the closest relative was in India and had become extinct. But now we have found it, and it looks different than expected," he added. In a commentary on the research in Nature, Blair Hedges, of Pennsylvania State University, US, has described the discovery of N. sahyandrensis as "a once-in-a-century find

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 09:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #115 Navarrus's post

Gambar bawah tu rasanya Californian Condor....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2007 02:31 PM | Show all posts

Blue lobster

While the Maine Mystery Beast seems to have been debunked, we are here to tell you, Maine is a hotbed of Crytozoological lore. There抯 a Crypto exhibit going on at Bates College in Lewiston, and we抳e already heard credible reports of sightings of The Beast of Togus (a strange pig-dog seen running down the middle of the highway.) And we抮e not even talking the VMAs.
But strange creatures once thought only dreamed of can be seen in the broad light of day. Yesterday we made a special trip to Delano Seafood on Rt. 1 in Waldoboro, ME to see an incredibly rare blue lobster, a mutant that occurs perhaps once out of every 2 million lobsters. They are savage, noble creatures, according to all reports.

When we heard there was a blue lobster on display, we thought it was going to be, maybe blue tinged, or tinted (live lobsters have a bit of a forest green look to them after all.) But no, this lobster is somewhere between cerulean and ultramarine blue. An older lady runs this seafood stand, and apparently she frowns on people who come in to gawk at the blue lobster without buying something, so if you stop by to see it, pick up some frozen scallops or some haddock or something.
We asked her plans for the rare specimen. 揑抦 going to feed it and keep it,

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2007 12:14 AM | Show all posts
THE SKELETON OF JEBAL-BAREZ
C. Shilling

Two weeks ago, while having dinner in one of the dozens of small cafes in Bam, I was approached by the father of a young local boy, who claimed to have found something in the mountains that he wanted to tell me about. The father, clearly skeptical, was probably intending to scold the boy for making up lies - and was surprised when I took the boy's story seriously. The boy led me the following day to a rocky area in the Jebal-Barez Mountain region, where he had often taken his few sheep to graze on what little vegetation there was. What he had found was the bizarre fossilized remains of some unknown creature. The archaeology staff working on the Citadel had directed father and son to me - although I am not a paleontologist, my specialty is an offshoot, so I suppose they thought me the next best thing - and besides, the staff here are stretched thin. What I found was clearly organic, not to mention extremely large. I believe the skeleton was partially unveiled following the earthquake, otherwise it would have been discovered previously. You can see in the photograph the immense size of the creature's ribs and vertebrae in comparison with my small figure, and this is just a small section of the fossil, which stretches a great distance in either direction (possibly hundreds of feet long total). I am standing close to what I believe to be the head of the creature, with the rib cage extending dozens of feet beyond the photograph and into the bare rock. I cannot even begin to speculate on the size of this creature. I will need to return with more equipment and certainly others better versed with this type of find. At this point, these are but simple deductions until further tests can be done.

In the time since we set up camp in the desolate Jebal-Barez Mountains, it has become clear to me that these remains were certainly unveiled in the horrible earthquake of 26 Dec. 2003, and never previously found.

I've been kept on as lead advisor despite my protestations and lack of experience, however we have been provided an excellent crew of experienced diggers. Unfortunately, the pace of both politics and paleontology is very slow in this country, so our excavation of these remains has taken much longer than I would ever have anticipated. I suppose the bones can certainly wait - they've been doing so for thousands of years already. Unfortunately, living humans aren't quite as patient.

With each month that passes, the sheer size of the site now would suggest more than one animal, but my more adept colleagues here believe that is not the case - it is indeed the skeleton of a single giant creature.

I've been contemplating that the animal is possibly reptilian in nature. It is considerably larger than any dinosaur I can think of. But is it a dinosaur? Despite my limited knowledge in that area of inquiry, it seems unlikely, for a variety of reasons - but primarily, the condition of the bones suggests a fossil much younger than the Cretaceous Era. It is, based on my understanding of human skeletal remains, possibly even contemporaneous with humans, or at any rate, early hominids. And yet, that is impossible. Unfortunately, proper carbon dating will have to wait - the local government is notoriously shy about allowing any historical or archaeological material out of country for any reason. Regardless, these latest photos I have sent to Stockholm for an artists rendering of what this creature may have looked like. My team continues to dig as I take care of business in Dordrecht and await the results of the sketch.

Above you will see a distance view of the entire skull, along with a portion of the spine. I attempted to match together two separate shots from my digital camera to give a full sense of scale. The fuzzy little shape to the left is, in fact, me. Seeing this, I was astounded. I am simply unaware of any creature that has ever looked quite like this, nor was ever this large.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

16-5-2024 02:50 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066555 second(s), 42 queries .