Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: SilentKiller

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) THE PROPHET OF ISLAM

[Copy link]
weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 23-8-2006 06:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 23-8-2006 05:20 PM
In the Book of Deuteronomy, Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) was quoted as saying:

揂nd the Lord said unto me, they have well spoken that which they have spoken, I will raise them up a Prophet ...
Sebaliknya dari bangsa kita sendiri Ia akan mengutus kepadamu seorang nabi seperti saya ini, dan kamu harus taat kepadanya. Ulangan 18:15

as what sparrow said but from the Indonesian Bible

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 23-8-2006 06:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eastrun at 23-8-2006 05:39 PM
Hemm..then I would like to say that Acts 3 and Deutronomy 18 are contradict each other.

and your reason?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 06:27 PM | Show all posts
It is easy to see why Muhammad was not prophesised in Deutronomy.

Reasons:

1. Arabs were not considered part of the Jewish lineage. Why?

It is because the mother of Ishmael was a servant girl and not formally taken as a wife. In those days as with the Arabs, sex with servant girls are normal. And any offsprings are not considered heir to the line.

Which source do i take this from. The Jewish Torah of course. Direct from source. Muslims might say but Muhammad said......sorry the oldest verified source is considered the most correct source of information, like in archaelogy.

2. Which prophet came after Moses's time who most likely fit the description?

Jesus of course.

Even the muslims admit the lineage of prophets ends in Jesus before the coming of Muhammad.

Would God have jumped a prophet in prophesy, unlikely.

3. Muhammad was an Arab.

Ishmael did not claim the throne of David for a very simple reason. He was not entitled to it. And for a thousand years, no Arab had tried or fought for the throne of David.

And if Abraham was with Ishmael as the Arab claims, then you might have seen a change in history. And you would have Ishmael fighting for his birthright as first born.

No such thing happened.

And no historical fact exist to put Abraham any where near Arabia in his life time.

So is Muhammad correct in claiming to succeed in the line of jewish prophets?

You decide from the facts.

[ Last edited by  nightlord at 23-8-2006 06:34 PM ]

Use magic Report

SilentKiller This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 23-8-2006 06:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sparrow at 23-8-2006 06:06 PM
Yeah.. read the whole thing continuously.The whole chapter is a continuous passage. Verse 17&18 is a continuation from the earlier verses.  Read the whole chapter continuously, and you will fin ...

Jesus himself was an Israelite, not of the 揵rethren

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 06:37 PM | Show all posts
Why wouldn't an Israelite be not considered a brethren? The Israelites are brethren to one another..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 06:56 PM | Show all posts
well, like i said.. whether you like it or not, ACTS chapter 3 clearly says that the Prophet in Deuteronomy 18 is the Lord Jesus Christ. That's not my analogy, but the BIBLE clearly said it.
So don't give that crap about the BIBLE saying that it is Muhammad.
You can say that, Islam says that it is Muhammad, or the Quran says that it is Muhammad, or the Torah says it is Muhammad, for all i care... but NOT the BIBLE, because ACTS chapter 3 clearly says that it is NOT.
p/s: hence, i would appreciate if you could change your thread title...for the BIBLE did NOT say that.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-8-2006 08:03 PM | Show all posts
Well the word brethren is liken to the Malay word kami, it is all encompassing within the confines of a "people" in this case the Israelites, and all of their descendants.

And one of their descendants was Jesus.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 10:32 PM | Show all posts
揂nd the Lord said unto me, they have well spoken that which they have spoken, I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-8-2006 05:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sparrow at 23-8-2006 06:56 PM
well, like i said.. whether you like it or not, ACTS chapter 3 clearly says that the Prophet in Deuteronomy 18 is the Lord Jesus Christ. That's not my analogy, but the BIBLE clearly said it.
So do ...

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. Acts 3:22

Well this verse could fit Muhammad as well. I have stated 3 major differences between Moses n Jesus. The most obvious is for u Jesus is God, but Moses it not.

You can say that, Islam says that it is Muhammad, or the Quran says that it is Muhammad, or the Torah says it is Muhammad, for all i care...

"Torah" refers to the Five Books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
Old Testament + New Testament = Bible

揟hose who follow the Apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find    mentioned in their own Scriptures, in the Torah and the Gospel厰 (Quran 7:157; Trans.: Yusuf Ali)

Muhammad is mentioned in Torah and the Gospel according to The Holy Quran

Use magic Report

Post time 24-8-2006 05:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 24-8-2006 05:45 PM
"Torah" refers to the Five Books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
Old Testament + New Testament = Bible

That's correct. And we have a verse in Acts that refers Deuteronomy 18 to Jesus. So as per the Bible, the verse is not Muhammad.
shrugs.. that's just what the Bible says.. plainly and clearly. Like i say, it's not my analogy. I'm just quoting the Bible.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-8-2006 05:57 PM | Show all posts
Deut 18:15-18
15The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
17And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Define "from the midst of thee". How could Muhammad be from the midst of the Israelites? There were non-Israelites in the midst of the people whom Moses was addressing at that time.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-8-2006 06:00 PM | Show all posts
That's correct. And we have a verse in Acts that refers Deuteronomy 18 to Jesus. So as per the Bible, the verse is not Muhammad.
shrugs.. that's just what the Bible says.. plainly and clearly. Like i say, it's not my analogy. I'm just quoting the Bible.

Can plainly and clearly explain ?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-8-2006 06:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 24-8-2006 05:45 PM

I have stated 3 major differences between Moses n Jesus. The most obvious is for u Jesus is God, but Moses it not.

So you finally admit that Jesus is God? And that Jesus died on the cross for the world?
It's funny how you acknowledge it when the situation suits you, and deny it when the situation doesn't.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-8-2006 06:04 PM | Show all posts
Well.. all the rest of the prophets (eg: David, Solomon) are not God either. They are human, have a human father and mother, have children.. just like Muhammad has. Why are they David and Solomon not considered like Moses? In fact, they score even one MORE point than Muhammad - they are Israelites, just as Moses is. If Muhammad can be considered like Moses in these similarities, King David and King Solomon can be considered too!

Well, there are also 3 major differences between Muhammad and Moses..
1) Moses was an Israelite. Muhammad wasn't.
2) Moses saw God, spoke to God and heard from God face to face. Muhammad didn't.
3) Moses performed miraculous deeds and wonders. Muhammad didn't.

These are the similarities which Jesus shared with Moses. In fact, I've listed down the similarities between Jesus and Moses in my earlier post. And these are similarities NO ONE else have besides Jesus and Moses.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-8-2006 06:05 PM | Show all posts
15The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Take the sentence in full. I have clearly explained the word "brethren" and its connection to Muhammad. "like unto me" Moses is not a God as Jesus according to you, so it couldnt be Jesus.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-8-2006 06:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 24-8-2006 06:05 PM

Take the sentence in full. I have clearly explained the word "brethren" and its connection to Muhammad. "like unto me" Moses is not a God as Jesus according to you, so it co ...

Why is Jesus not like Moses? Jesus performed miracles, and He has personal knowledge of God.. and they are similar in this sense.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-8-2006 06:10 PM | Show all posts

Take the sentence in full. I have clearly explained the word "brethren" and its connection to Muhammad. "like unto me" Moses is not a God as Jesus according to you, so it co ...

Unfortunately, the SAME BIBLE, that tells me Jesus is God, is the SAME BIBLE that tells me in Acts 3 that Deuteronomy 18 refers to Jesus. And hence.. I'm taking both points as true..

Read my post 194. That is how Jesus and Moses are alike.
By the way, although Jesus is God, Jesus is ALSO fully human, like Moses is human.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-8-2006 06:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sparrow at 24-8-2006 06:03 PM

So you finally admit that Jesus is God? And that Jesus died on the cross for the world?
It's funny how you acknowledge it when the situation suits you, and deny it when the situation doesn't.

I have stated 3 major differences between Moses n Jesus. The most obvious is for u Jesus is God, but Moses it not.

Dont u understand english? I said FOR U. I didnt admit Jesus is GOD. Read carefully.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-8-2006 06:14 PM | Show all posts

I know you have explained the word brethren. But when you explained it, you omitted explaining "from the midst of thee".
Yes, take the sentence in full. If you consider the sentence in full.. you would find that the Prophet is from their brethren, from the midst of the Israelites themselves.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-8-2006 06:15 PM | Show all posts
By the way, although Jesus is God, Jesus is ALSO fully human, like Moses is human.

Jesus was born miraculously, Moses is not. Moses died naturally, Jesus is not.  Is this how you compare these two prophets ? These are major differences.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

21-5-2024 10:21 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.866153 second(s), 42 queries .