CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 5176|Reply: 30

What can be gained by "Living through Jesus"?

[Copy link]
Post time 2-9-2006 02:39 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
We all "Live" through other people(s) experiences to some extent.  Every time we watch T.V, listen to a loved one tell a story or relate an experience, or just empathise in general with the lives of other people around us.  My question is: As a Deity, Jesus's life can't be empathised with by our mere mortal experiences.  As a Myth, Jesus's life offers us little more than a story(and an ancient, regurgitated one at that).  And given the actions of this man, (real or FICTION) being very contradictory and not fluid - How can we really "Live" through him? We all have our own lives to live and it's nearly impossible to "live" througth another person completely, no matter how obsessed one becomes.  Our own lives and experiences will invariably get in the way.  So how much "living" through Jesus is enough to earn your ticket to heaven?  50%?  80%?  I'd like to know.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-9-2006 02:57 AM | Show all posts
Live thru Jesus? what the hell are you talking about Tommy? Chapter and verse please.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2006 11:17 PM | Show all posts
Those disciples of Jesus never did call themselves Christians... the word appears only three time in the bible.. once spoken by those of Antioch about the disciples... then by King Agrippa when Paul talked to him, and then the last time when Peter speaks of the suffering that comes in being one.  Never does the bible speak of a Disicple/follower of Jesus Christ ever referring to himself or calling himself a Christian.  The standard were very high.  The bible makes them clear... you must first be drawn of God to even come to Christ, then you have to forsake all, hate your family and even your own life, before you ever get to be a disciple.. must less go through the other things that he taught and commanded his followers.  The bible clearly states also that many left and never followed him... and clearly why!  

So to speak to what can be gained "living through Jesus".  Nothing!  I don't find anyone being able to "live through another" even though many refer to that phrase... and sometimes we relate that to those that have children and try to live their lives through their children... but it's not their lives they are living.. and it stops the life the other is entitled to.  So "living through Jesus" never was the intention IMO of being of any gain to

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-9-2006 11:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2-9-2006 02:57 AM
Live thru Jesus? what the hell are you talking about Tommy? Chapter and verse please.

John 3:21
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Colossians 2:6
[ Freedom From Human Regulations Through Life With Christ ] So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him.

1 John 4:9
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 12:08 AM | Show all posts
Where in the Bible does your narrow definition of 'live through' appears? That is the question.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 12:17 AM | Show all posts
Like i said before muslims on this board needs to go to English tuition because their grasp of the English language is so poor, they hardly understand what they are reading.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 3-9-2006 11:44 AM | Show all posts
Trying to live through another person is to try and live their life for yourself--or rather, what you think their life is or should be. This is the problem with Christianity, there are millions of people with different ideas of who and what Jesus was, so they live their lives differently and believe differently and behave differently, each claiming to be doing it right! If we were to try and determine what sort of person Jesus was, based solely on how his alleged followers--those claiming to be living through him--behave and think, we would never be able to do it!

That's what it's about... so many being convinced that they are to be living through Jesus.. and that whatever they do is right because the group they are involved with says it's right and that since they are all as Paul taught, members of the same body but having difference, they see nothing at all wrong with this concept.  They all have a different idea of what Jesus did and how he lived and very few of them even have read their bibles enough on their own to see what Jesus actually taught and supposedly lived... so they just are like the blind leading the blind.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 12:30 PM | Show all posts
  1. responded bny tommy_mylex:Trying to live through another person is to try and live their life for yourself--or rather, what you think their life is or should be. This is the problem with Christianity, there are millions of people with different ideas of who and what Jesus was, so they live their lives differently and believe differently and behave differently, each claiming to be doing it right! If we were to try and determine what sort of person Jesus was, based solely on how his alleged followers--those claiming to be living through him--behave and think, we would never be able to do it!
Copy the Code

Heh! tommy,

You make me laughlah....hah!...hah!...hah!... It is like pot calling the black. Aren't Muslims tryng to live the life of Mohammed with the serban, juba, jangut kambing and all? Think before you speak. I wonder if you do so?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-9-2006 12:34 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by barney50 at 3-9-2006 12:30 PM
responded bny tommy_mylex:Trying to live through another person is to try and live their life for yourself--or rather, what you think their life is or should be. This is the problem with Christian ...

Poor Barney your answer is wrong again.

Please try agian

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 12:41 PM | Show all posts
Why ask question that you yourself can answer? you know because you an ex-christian. Open you heart, look inside.. you know it, you just dont want to accept.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 12:42 PM | Show all posts
tommy,

I know it is like looking above and spitting where your spittle would fall on your own face. It hurts uh!? Yes, it would hurt when the truth is told but you have to live with it because, you ask for it.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 02:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by barney50 at 3-9-2006 12:42 PM
tommy,

I know it is like looking above and spitting where your spittle would fall on your own face. It hurts uh!? Yes, it would hurt when the truth is told but you have to live with it because,  ...

Barney oh Barney... you don't know what is Islam, and I am sure that you are not sure what is Christian. So, go and learn first. Or it will make you fell ashamed

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 10:26 PM | Show all posts
  1. responded by eastrun:Barney oh Barney... you don't know what is Islam, and I am sure that you are not sure what is Christian. So, go and learn first. Or it will make you fell ashamed
Copy the Code

eastrun oh eastrun...you don't understand what is Hinduism all about, and I'm sure that you are not sure what is Christianity. Worst is you are not sure what is Islam all about. So, go and learn first. Otherwise it will make you feel ashame.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 10:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by barney50 at 3-9-2006 10:26 PM
responded by eastrun:Barney oh Barney... you don't know what is Islam, and I am sure that you are not sure what is Christian. So, go and learn first. Or it will make you fell ashamed

eastrun oh ...

Yes..I don't know what is Hindusm and I never made any commentary about your religion because it is not important at all for me and the laws that your prophet brought down are invalid. So not to worry anymore. What about you.Sudahlah tidak tahu pasal Islam, lepas tu buat komen bodoh tentang agama tu. If you really study about Islam, you will not present to me same stupid facts about Islam over and over again..All you know is killing..killing and killing. Is that what you said that you have learned Islam?

About Christianity. I am studying the Bible. Im reading New International Bible Version. So, what about you...I am very sure you are not even touched the New and Old Testament and Quran.You came here with facts that you have cut and paste from your chosen website...Snobbish person...rejecting other prophets that came after hims...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2006 10:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by tommy_mylex at 3-9-2006 11:44 AM
Trying to live through another person is to try and live their life for yourself--or rather, what you think their life is or should be. This is the problem with Christianity, there are millions of  ...

sorry Tommy, your definition is wrong to begin with. Looks like you don't even read the Bible for yourself. This is really laughable.

[ Last edited by  Debmey at 3-9-2006 10:55 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2006 07:17 AM | Show all posts
  1. responded by eastrun:Yes..I don't know what is Hindusm and I never made any commentary about your religion because it is not important at all for me and the laws that your prophet brought down are invalid. So not to worry anymore. What about you.Sudahlah tidak tahu pasal Islam, lepas tu buat komen bodoh tentang agama tu. If you really study about Islam, you will not present to me same stupid facts about Islam over and over again..All you know is killing..killing and killing. Is that what you said that you have learned Islam?

2. About Christianity. I am studying the Bible. Im reading New International Bible Version. So, what about you...I am very sure you are not even touched the New and Old Testament and Quran.You came here with facts that you have cut and paste from your chosen website...Snobbish person...rejecting other prophets that came after hims...
Copy the Code

I'm not wrong when I say Muslims suffer from denial syndrome. Yo commented about Hinduism in your previous reply in another thread Why don;t you worship your creator?.
Pakai la otak.kau cipta dia, pastu kau sembah dia..tapi kau tak sembah Tuhan yang menciptakan kau.
and here you say you made no commentary. Huh! Typical of Muslim denial. Who are you to say our laws are in valid? Just because Mohammed sya so it is a valid law? My goodness! Heh! buddy, you are what you are made of and nothing can change that. You think the  whole universe is duty bound to listen to Mohammed's invention of GOD and his laws? You must be crazy as him. Get a life man coz there more to Islam than you can imagine. Sure study the bible, study the Buddha's teaching and study the Gita. Understand them well and only than will you realize the world is not only Islam but all others too.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-9-2006 09:39 AM | Show all posts
I expect a Christian to pipe in and tell us about their "personal relationship" with Sweet Jesus.

I mean really.............  

A personal relationship with a corpse of 2,000 years...........

Or a personal relationship with an invisible non-corporal being..........

Or a personal relationship with a fictional character.............

Christians rightly dismiss other religions for what they are but cannot find their own butt with both hands when looking at the malarkey of their own cult.

These are flights of fantasy.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2006 10:04 AM | Show all posts
Its funny that Muslim Tommy thinks Jesus is a corpse. ahahahahahahaha.....................

cheers

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-9-2006 10:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 4-9-2006 10:04 AM
Its funny that Muslim Tommy thinks Jesus is a corpse. ahahahahahahaha.....................

cheers

Wasn't christian believed that jesus was burried for three days.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2006 11:15 AM | Show all posts
Don't Muslims believe that Jesus did not die but rose to heaven?

Don't you know that Christians believe Jesus rose after the tree days in the tomb? Are you sure you are an ex-christian? Not by any chance.
From your writings Tommy, i know you were never a Christian at all.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 09:52 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071448 second(s), 46 queries .