Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hetrek

American Football (NFL)

[Copy link]
Post time 31-3-2009 07:27 PM | Show all posts

Balas #1020 oobi\ catat

wish the lions can pick a better player soon... maybe at defense.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-4-2009 12:37 PM | Show all posts
ada gak ye yang follow ....

Use magic Report

Post time 26-4-2009 09:21 AM | Show all posts
Lions and Stafford agree on 6-year deal

DETROIT (AP) - Quarterback Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions have agreed on a six-year contract, his agent Tom Condon told The Associated Press on Friday.

Condon and Ben Dogra, who also represents Stafford, negotiated the deal with $41.7 million in guarantees and a maximum value of $78 million.

The Lions will formally take Stafford with the No. 1 pick in the draft Saturday.

They have five of the first 82 picks to help the NFL's first 0-16 team bounce back to respectability.

Detroit hasn't had a quarterback play in the Pro Bowl since Greg Landry in 1971.

Long-term stability at the position has been elusive since Bobby Layne starred for them in the 1950s.

Just before first-year coach Jim Schwartz was hired last winter, he joked that it was about time to replace Layne. In a coincidence, Stafford and Layne both played at Highland Park High School in Dallas.

The Lions' lack of star power at QB is a major reason why the franchise has only one playoff victory since winning the 1957 NFL title.

The Lions desperately need talent under center to help turn around a franchise that is languishing in what has become the worst eight-year stretch in the league since World War II.

They are turning to Stafford, who was a starter in each of his three seasons at Georgia.

Detroit might be able to help Stafford's chances to succeed by letting him watch Daunte Culpepper play initially next season.

But there will be pressure to get him on the field because of its investment.

In guarantees and maximum value, his contract is more lucrative than the one signed by the first QB taken last year.

Matt Ryan, the No. 3 pick in 2008, got $72 million with $34.75 million guaranteed as part of six-year contract with the Atlanta Falcons.

Detroit general manager Martin Mayhew said earlier in the week the chances were "very good" an agreement would be reached with the No. 1 pick before Saturday.

On the eve of the draft, the deal was done.

Stafford always seemed to be Plan A, but Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry and Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith apparently were backup options.

Stafford will not be able to fix all the problems associated with a franchise that has been bad enough to go 31-97 since 2001 in what has been the worst eight-year stretch by an NFL team since the Chicago Cardinals won 23 percent of their games from 1936-43.

But the Lions can't afford to draft another bust as they did with quarterback Joey Harrington, who they took No. 3 overall in 2002. Harrington was traded after four lackluster seasons to Miami for a fifth-round pick. The Dolphins later cut him, Atlanta added him and got rid of him and he is now a third-stringer in New Orleans.

"Obviously, the draft is the biggest crap shoot there is," Stafford recently acknowledged.

Recent No. 1 picks have proven that. Eight of the past 11 players taken first overall in the NFL have been QBs, and half of them either haven't or didn't pan out for the teams that took them.

For every Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer, guys like Tim Couch and David Carr have shown there are no guarantees.-AP

Use magic Report

Post time 26-4-2009 11:04 PM | Show all posts
stafford? hmmm i'm so skeptical 'bout dis guy. true he can throw deep but he got attitude man!

Use magic Report

Post time 27-4-2009 02:54 PM | Show all posts
he had a problem ke?

BTW sape mr irrelevant (last man picked) taun ni?

[ Last edited by  RuffyRafe at 27-4-2009 14:56 ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-9-2009 08:18 PM | Show all posts
haaa, bole lah pegi us camnih.
lagipun aku dengar tony kata nak bawak game ni datang malaysia.
aku rasa macam nfl pegi uk dulu tu kot..buat satu game.
mimpi jadik kenyataan...

Raiders announce sponsorship deal with low-fare airline AirAsia
NFL.com Wire Reports

Oakland Raiders
Sporting the Oakland Raiders' colors and marks, AirAsia's "Xcellence" takes flight.

The Oakland Raiders announced Friday that they are entering a sponsorship deal with AirAsia, the largest low-fare airline in Asia, to serve and expand the franchise's global fan base.

Highlighting the sponsorship deal is an AirAsia A340 airliner named "Xcellence," which is adorned with Raiders marks and imagery, including the team's shield on the tailfin and an eye patch on the nose of the plane. AirAsia also will host a "1,000 Seats Courtesy of AirAsia" Web-based contest in which students will be chosen at random for the opportunity to win free tickets to Raiders home games. Program and contest details will be made available on Raiders.com and AirAsia.com.

"We are absolutely thrilled with our new relationship with AirAsia," Raiders chief executive Amy Trask said in a statement released by the team. "It is a unique and audacious relationship between two truly global organizations. As always, we eagerly seek creative opportunities to serve and interact with our fans throughout the world, and we are delighted to work with AirAsia on this creative endeavor."

The Raiders maintain a global presence and communicate worldwide through the team's official Web properties, which feature original and translated content in six different languages -- Tagalog, Japanese, German, Chinese, Spanish and English. The Raiders are the first and only NFL team to produce a full-content independent Spanish language Web site.

Oakland Raiders
An AirAsia airliner, "Xcellence," features the Raiders' logo and colors.

AirAsia services the most extensive network in Asia, with 122 routes covering more than 65 destinations. Within seven years of operation, AirAsia has carried over 70 million passengers and grown its fleet from just two aircraft to 80.

"This is a very meaningful moment for all of us in AirAsia," AirAsia Group CEO Dato' Sri Tony Fernandes said in the statement. "We are very excited to associate ourselves with a great, iconic team like the Oakland Raiders as they reflect our own endeavor for excellence. This is AirAsia's latest effort in boosting our brand globally via our extensive route presence across Asia. With AirAsia's Airbus A340 Oakland livery plane, we would be able to deliver just that and further enhance our brand. Despite not operating into the U.S. yet, AirAsia has already captured the attention of the U.S. public, and Aviation week's Laureate Award that we won recently is a testimony of that."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 12-10-2009 08:15 AM | Show all posts
Oakland janji ada

kejap nak gelak kat pats wpon aku bukan broncs fan tp as long as NE kalah aku gembira

Use magic Report

Post time 12-10-2009 08:18 AM | Show all posts
ops! double post

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-1-2010 12:08 PM | Show all posts
what a week. last week i was 2-2:
bengals lost to jets (emotional pick, don't like rex ryan)
eagles lost to cowboys (emotional pick, have to go against my co-worker)
cardinals won against packers
ravens won against patriots

this week i'm 3-1.
vikings won against cowboys
saints won against cardinals
colts won against ravens
chargers lost against jets

Use magic Report

Post time 29-1-2010 07:12 AM | Show all posts
what a week. last week i was 2-2:
bengals lost to jets (emotional pick, don't like rex ryan)
eagles lost to cowboys (emotional pick, have to go against my co-worker)
cardinals won against packers
oobi Post at 18-1-2010 23:08

oobi...Kaeding choked big time, not once but thrice :@ Deja Vu for chargers..just like 2005 arghhhh..LT, Merriman and perhaps Kaeding need to go (or maybe we need 2 kickers...Kaeding during the season and the other kicker during the playoffs )

Would like to see Brees win the SB

Use magic Report

Post time 29-1-2010 08:57 AM | Show all posts
oobi...Kaeding choked big time, not once but thrice :@ Deja Vu for chargers..just like 2005 arghhhh..LT, Merriman and perhaps Kaeding need to go (or maybe we need 2 kickers...Kaeding during the se ...
nhuser Post at 29-1-2010 07:12

nhuser, you're right. you guys need to replace kaeding. chargers have one of the best group of players in team history. but norv turner really showed his true self; he's definitely an OC, not HC. i was surprised when chargers management extended his contract for another 3 years. when chargers had the ball with about 2 minutes left, turner went conservative. instead of attacking jets defense and tried to put more points on the board by passing the ball, chargers ran the ball instead. i was disgusted! throughout the game, chargers game plans were very conservative. they have pro bowl caliber players for their passing game and the head coach is known to be offensive guru, and yet, most of their drives were predictable.

i was 2-0 last week - saints and colts. for superbowl next week, i'm torn. i like peyton manning, jim caldwell and the colts. but, i also like drew brees and i'm an nfc supporter, plus i want brees to slap chargers back in their face for letting him go (what a bonehead decision). I always knew that brees will be very successful qb in nfl and i was disppointed when 49ers didn't make a run at him when he was a free agent - he would be a great choice to run west coast style offense.

when brees came out of college, i was hoping that 49ers would draft him in the 2nd but chargers got him. now, we're still trying to find a qb.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 07:09 AM | Show all posts

kurt warner has retired from football. what an athlete and especially a person. from a bagger at grocery store to superbowl winner. always humble! i always like watching him play, especially when quarterbacking the rams team that started the theme 'the best show on turf'.

he'll be missed!

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 09:37 AM | Show all posts
plus i want brees to slap chargers back in their face for letting him go (what a bonehead decision)
oobi Post at 28-1-2010 19:57

that's why I want Brees to win...take that AJ Smith and Chargers!! Don't get me wrong, I do still love Chargrs, but the way they treated Brees made me sick

miss the old 49ers....when Joe Montana was the QB....what happen to this team? Still cannot find the right combination huh?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 01:31 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by oobi at 30-1-2010 13:33
miss the old 49ers....when Joe Montana was the QB....what happen to this team? Still cannot find the right combination huh?
nhuser Post at 30-1-2010 09:37

49ers fans have been spoilt for more than two decades, having a hall of fame quarterback followed by another hall of fame quarterback, plus jeff garcia. it rarely happens. for each great team, they always have great quarterback. that's what 49ers is searching for. once a team has a great quarterback, it's not that hard to fill up other positions. right now, 49ers don't have great quarterback. they have good quarterbacks, but we need great quarterback. alex smith is okay, nate davis has potential but none of them has peyton manning in them; that's what we need, or at least a drew brees.

look at dallas, once troy aikman retired, they were scrambling to find his replacement. hopefully they found it in tony romo. patriots, once brady is retired, they are going down unless they find somebody as good as brady to replace him. steelers had to endure periods of mediocrity after bradshaw until they drafted roethlisberger. miami is still looking for 'the' quarterback since dan marino hangs up his cleats. packers were in the dark after their glory years until brett favres was acquired from falcons. houston oilers (now tennessee titans) were never the same when warren moon left until they got steve mcnair. too many examples why quarterback is such an important position in nfl. until 49ers find 'the' quarterback, they won't get far in post season, unless they have top 5 defense and running game.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2010 05:19 AM | Show all posts

Superbowl 44

February 7, 2010

Miami

FLORIDA

Lombardi Trophy

New Orleans   at   Indianapolis

Saints          Colts

Site:  Sun Life Stadium - Miami Gardens, Florida
Date:  February 7, 2010
Kick-off:  6:28 pm EST (3:28 pm PST)
Network:  CBS
Announcers:  Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
Home Team:  Indianapolis Colts
Away Team:  New Orleans Saints
National Anthem:  Carrie Underwood
Halftime Perf:  The Who

Updated on Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010 1:20 pm, PT

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2010 07:41 AM | Show all posts
Oobi, LT's done here with Chargers...49ers want him?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-2-2010 10:37 AM | Show all posts
2 minutes' warning...Saints 31 Colts 17....Saints going to win the SB 44 :pompom:

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2010 10:49 AM | Show all posts
Colts didn't give their best effort ...happy for Brees

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2010 04:00 PM | Show all posts
xda update ker....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-3-2010 10:15 AM | Show all posts
Oobi, LT's done here with Chargers...49ers want him?
nhuser Post at 5-2-2010 07:41

hi nhuser,

if we're on the verge of winning the superbowl, or at least a serious contender, we'll probably add LT to our backfield. but, we're not. so, have to pass. i was so excited when chargers initially didn't tender sproles anything. he'll be an excellent return man and change of pace for gore. but, i guess chargers changed their mind. i'm not sure LT has anything left. all superbowl contenders are basically set on the backfields or don't see him as a good fit. he won't go to non-contender as he's getting closer to collecting social security.

niners signed carr recently. i know that lots of people don't agree with the signing but i think he'll be a very good addition. i think carr is system quarterback; he'll flourish in the right system, and hopefully it's raye's system.

anyway, can't wait for 2010 draft. hopefully niners will spend all draft picks wisely (like in 1986).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 06:13 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.207743 second(s), 43 queries .