1234Next
Return to list New
View: 9657|Reply: 69

DCN unveils low-cost submarine

[Copy link]
Sous-Chef This user has been deleted
Post time 22-11-2006 01:13 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
DCN Aims at Expanding the Market for SSKs

(Source: meretmarines.com; published Oct. 23, 2006)

PARIS --- At this week抯 Euronaval exhibition, France抯 DCN shipyards group has unveiled two new submarine designs for the export market: the Marlin, an updated variant of the Scorpene design, and the SMX-23 oastal submarine.

Already offered to potential customers, the SMX-23 is a small boat, displacing 855 metric tons and 48.8 meters long. 揑ndustry has tended to aim for high-performance submarine designs, while naval budgets are shrinking,

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-11-2006 01:25 PM | Show all posts
Hi welcome on bod, thanx for dat article, in order for u to paste pic, u can alwiz use www.Photobucket.com or Imageshack.com to upload pic.  But in ur case u can copy directly from d web,

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts
Scorpene 2 bijik tu bagi jalan dulu... anyway it will be 2+1 ( 1 x Agosta 70 Class Training Submarine  and 2 x SSK Scorpene Class Attack Submarine).  Their expected delivery is in 2008 and they are expected to be operational in 2009. Any new subs won't be necessary with the currently reduced  RM9 Military budget.

p/s In my opinion, for the moment, 6 x AgustaWestland SuperLynx 300 Helicopters, in which the AgustaWestland SuperLynx 300 is equipped with the MBDA Sea Skua antiship missile. The Super Lynx 300 is configured for the Anti Surface Warfare (ASuW), Anti Submarine Warfare.. this will be made into 12x sooner or later. That should be ok as issymettrical warfare against foreign subs.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 03:04 PM | Show all posts
Well...it's not really an asymmetrical warfare against subs...just one of the ways to kill them. As for s-c's Q...why don't you check out our Scorpene thread?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 03:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Laxamana. at 22-11-2006 02:56 PM
Scorpene 2 bijik tu bagi jalan dulu... anyway it will be 2+1 ( 1 x Agosta 70 Class Training Submarine  and 2 x SSK Scorpene Class Attack Submarine).  Their expected delivery is in 2008 and they are ...

Anybody knows the budget provided to the military in the RMK9?
Is it affirmative that PDRM enjoys Billions of ringgit under RMK9? Maybe...much more than the ATM???

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 04:35 PM | Show all posts
I forgot...but they do receive billions...well at least its for the internal security protectors..not a state gomen!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Sous-Chef This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 22-11-2006 05:11 PM | Show all posts
thnxs miss yipun(i presumed, is that avatar u coz that girl is h0t!!) for da tips, will try dat next time!

But I think we should at the very least get 4 of this baby! not right away give 2~3 years after we received the scorpene. 2 subs in
my humble opinion just doesnt cut it. The only thing we can do w/ 2 scorpene is just keeping watch of our water. If sumthin eva happens
they would probably sunk to no avail. In peace time this sub can take over the role for coastal patrol and the deep water to the big boys ayyy??

just my 2 ringgit mesia dollah!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 09:05 AM | Show all posts

Reply #7 Sous-Chef's post

bro..as far as i know..our scorps and agosta are deep water dolphins...we are not a coastal country like u know who and that is why our selection is different than theirs..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-11-2006 02:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mmc at 23-11-2006 09:05 AM
bro..as far as i know..our scorps and agosta are deep water dolphins...we are not a coastal country like u know who and that is why our selection is different than theirs..

:lol

Full of BS!!!!!

The waters in South East Asia is prartically all coastal waters , only about 80m deep in some places.
With so many small reefs , islets all over SEA waters , how deep could they be!!!!!:lol

In reality, small subs are the best in this region even in South China Sea or the Spratly islands.

Malaysian relatively large 66m Scorpene SSK is not design for coastal waters like in SEA, manoeuvrability will lose out as compare with coastal SSK in shallow waters which is found all over SEA!!!!

[ Last edited by  Singalion at 23-11-2006 02:07 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 02:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #9 Singalion's post

who's talking BS here.our sabah sarawak zai nali meh...itu spratlys kat mana meh ? typical kiasu...don't know cock want to show ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 03:11 PM | Show all posts
Well, does he have a cock, for starters?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 03:14 PM | Show all posts
OK, the natural question is, what can this low cost DCN sub not be able to do when compared to Scorpene?
Performance & weapons paltform wise.

BTW, it is true that most waters around msia are indeed pretty shallow and Scorpene has to operate in such environment in order to protect msia although it can also operate in deeper waters.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 03:21 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 Debmey's post

well debs at least you are reasonable here...for me this low cost coastal sub is a good complement to our scorpenes ..

and extending that logic, our scorps primary area of operations will not be the coastal water of the straits nor the west coast..its no secret that their bases are in KK for operations in the SCS and in Langkawi for Indian Ocean...so that should tell you what's what..but like i said,  i feel we do need to consider operating coastal subs to complement the scorps, but i guess again our budgetary and strategic considerations only allows us to choose scorps only at this time..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 04:49 PM | Show all posts

h

midget submarine from Iran + scorpene ...ok gak tu....
apa pandangan korang

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 04:54 PM | Show all posts

Reply #14 tempur's post

er cosmos ada gak

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 11:10 PM | Show all posts
Don't ever trust any of those Iranian hardwares. They were never tested and made up based on dubious claims by the mullahs.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-11-2006 12:35 AM | Show all posts

Go read up about the shallow wtaers of South East Asia!!!!!

Since you admitted that Malaysian ordered Scorpenes are meant for deeper waters, and since there is no such deep waters in South East Asia, why the hell RMN ordered such non-coastal variant Scorpene?????:lol

Reason is simple, because the Stanadrd varinat is much cheaper than Coastal variant!!!!:lol

Fools will remain fools, all they know is how to bark like a dogs, nothing else!!!!!:lol

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2006 01:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Singalion at 24-11-2006 12:35 AM

Go read up about the shallow wtaers of South East Asia!!!!!

Since you admitted that Malaysian ordered Scorpenes are meant for deeper waters, and since there is no such deep waters in Sou ...

first of all,.....
1. do u have any experience sailing on any subs...typically 60m above long....i dont think so....tq....so dont talk cock about saying 60m subs cant be operated on shallow waters.

second.....
2. do u really think , that ur small(in fact 'F' small),second hand submarine can last long ........i dont think so....tq

third.....
3. do u really think that in case of conflict or war ur subs can last longer at sea more than scorpene........oooo i can answer that also......i dont think so.....tq

fourth.....
4. do u really think subs are really comfortable to operate on shallow waters........oooo no no no...big no no.....

[ Last edited by  bravotwozero at 24-11-2006 04:09 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2006 01:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Singalion at 23-11-2006 02:06 PM

Full of BS!!!!!

The waters in South East Asia is prartically all coastal waters , only about 80m deep in some places.
With so many small reefs , islets all over SEA waters , how dee ...

what the effff are u talking about.....66m was not classified as BIG submarine.....100m, yes a big submarine.....

60 to 70m subs is the best size of subs to operate in relatively shallow waters compromising all factors....taking into account habitability, height, loads, manouvering and etc.......

go back and do the research first then talk......shuhh shuhhh

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2006 02:52 AM | Show all posts
er.. why does msia want subs to operate only in deep waters when it is surrounded by shallow waters, especially when the range of torpedoes are only about 20km? What is the doctrine of the navy?
I can understand a sub base situated near deeper waters for stealth reasons but how can the Scorpene defend msia if it operates mostly in deep waters?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

3-5-2024 07:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077009 second(s), 46 queries .