of course you can join -

by reading a lots of English books, articles or magazines
can improve your English besides practice speaking
in the language as much as you can -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-7-2008 02:31 PM | Show all posts

Balas #1041 dexa\ catat

Always speak English at school but still poor in grammar...

I will create a short article later on...can u check it for me..? Ur English look better than me... ..maybe the best i think...did u study oversea last time..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2008 02:14 AM | Show all posts
She HAS / HAD gone home half an hour ago.

She has/had sold her old sewing machine.

They have / had taken the books without permission.

had / Have you ever been to Canada?

Do you  had /have a brother?

The Mangoes on the tree are/were ripe
Mind Explain ?

[ Last edited by  mahujadiguru at 1-8-2008 02:58 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-8-2008 01:26 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1043 mahujadiguru's post

She HAS  / HAD gone home half an hour ago.

She has/had sold her old sewing machine.

They have / had taken the books without permission.

had / Have you ever been to Canada?

Do you  had /have a brother?

The Mangoes on the tree are/were ripe

1. She had gone home half an hour ago.

2. She had sold her old sewing machine.

3. Have you ever been to Canada?

4. Do you  have a brother?

5. The mangoes on the tree are ripe

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-8-2008 01:43 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1042 cielo~dieciocho's post

Always speak English at school but still poor in grammar...

I will create a short article later on...can u check it for me..? Ur English look better than me... ..maybe the best i think...did u study oversea last time..

mine
in oversea

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your compliment - you flattered me -
although i must say that my english is still mediocre and
needs a lots of improvement - (especially in writing)

to be honest - i wish i could write better english
(i speak better than i write)

frankly, i think yours is quite fine too --  just keep practicing
and soon you gonna be excelled in it -

i studied in oversea and i lived there too - (canada)

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2008 02:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dexa at 2-8-2008 01:26 AM

1. She had gone home half an hour ago.

2. She had sold her old sewing machine.

3. Have you ever been to Canada?

4. Do you  have a brother?

5. The mangoes on the tree are ripe

MY reference book , ALL the Answers are in Present Tense..

She HAS gone home ... WRONG !!
She Went Home half an hour ago. (Use Simple Past if Action Happen at an definite time in the past)
She HAS Sold her old sewing machine   (PRESENT PERFECT  ....Indefinite Time)

[ Last edited by  mahujadiguru at 3-8-2008 12:05 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-8-2008 01:44 PM | Show all posts
can you check this?

wow..very good thread  because you help people like me to improve English.Basically,I, like other people too, learned english since primary school. But, because i'm not using it in my real life, so my english did not move to another stage.Luckily,i'm improving my english since i accepted in university where students have to use english as a main language. From then, my english become better but i'm still poor in my speaking skill.When it comes to presentation, i would make it short and simple. Besides of that, i'm also afraid if there is anybody who want to ask any question to me. Then, it comes to my practical training and my employer criticized my bad english especially in my grammar. I feel ashamed but i know they are just critised to make me improve my english and i dont blame them.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-8-2008 10:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1047 dark_chocolate's post

wow..very good thread  because you help people like me to improve English.Basically,I, like other people too, learned english since primary school. But, because i'm not using it in my real life, so my english did not move to another stage.Luckily,i'm improving my english since i accepted in university where students have to use english as a main language. From then, my english become better but i'm still poor in my speaking skill.When it comes to presentation, i would make it short and simple. Besides of that, i'm also afraid if there is anybody who want to ask any question to me. Then, it comes to my practical training and my employer criticized my bad english especially in my grammar. I feel ashamed but i know they are just critised to make me improve my english and i dont blame them.

omit in my real life - replace with often
improve
my English is improving
ever since
was accepted
the university
omit those - replace with however,
because (delete the full stop)
i'm afraid someone will ask me questions.
The worst part was that during my practical training when
my employer criticized my english especially my grammar.
he was
criticized (sp)
didn't
him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your contribution -
you did just fine - just a bit off here and there
but not crucial at all -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-8-2008 05:38 PM | Show all posts
ahh.. what an interestin thread.. hi to all . im new here... hope u guys can help me too, improvising my english

Use magic Report

Post time 11-8-2008 06:43 PM | Show all posts
i feel nervous trying to post something in this thread haha.. anyway . i've had bad experience before during my school years. Being in the same class with students whose english are better than the teacher themselves made me scared to speak in english. Sometimes i learned a new english word, I
would purposely try to use it in my conversation so I would remember the word, but then they would just condemn and laughed at me. I was so embarassed actually...... But thats just how my life was living in an environment where people are sarcastic and cynical, and I felt like a tiny ant. . feel
free to comment me !

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-8-2008 09:27 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by akuadikdia at 11-8-2008 05:38 PM
ahh.. what an interestin thread.. hi to all . im new here... hope u guys can help me too, improvising my english

to improve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi adikdia -

welcome! -
glad to see your post -

hope we can learn together -

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-8-2008 09:38 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1050 akuadikdia's post

i feel nervous trying to post something in this thread haha.. anyway . i've had bad experience before during my school years. Being in the same class with students whose english are better than the teacher themselves made me scared to speak in english. Sometimes i learned a new english word, I would purposely try to use it in my conversation so I would remember the word, but then they would just condemn and laughed at me. I was so embarassed actually...... But thats just how my life was living in an environment where people are sarcastic and cynical, and I felt like a tiny ant. . feel free to comment me !

some bad
omit before
were
often after i learned a new english word and tried to use
it in my conversation so that i could remember it, they
would just condemned and laughed at me
felt ashamed
that's
were
so small
omit me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a good story - thanks for sharing it with us -
and your english is not bad at all adikdia...
just a bit misused of tenses  here and there -
nothing crucial -

keep up the good work -!

Use magic Report

Post time 11-8-2008 11:21 PM | Show all posts

Hi!!!!

I've friends working at INTEL in Bayan Lepas, Penang. I'm sure most of us know that INTEL is a MNC company which means their medium of communication is in English. An addition to that, both of my friends in technical support department and they are required to communicate with internal staff as well as customers from all over the world.

Anyway, the thing is, as my friends told me, in INTEL, most of the staff there (not all) are like to criticize other's English. In fact, there's one Indian gal who take pleasure in correcting while criticizing other's English in a sarcastic manner as if they were a native speaker of Queen's English. It's a bit frightening though. In fact, there's one Chinese guy, a new hire and his English is not as good as this Indian gal's, so they say. And this Indian gal along with her other senior friends, kept teasing n talking behind his back about this his English. Pity him.

I do hope, these kind of people shud meet people who major in English n slam these people down with super-duper-high-level English. Duhh...

[ Last edited by  mayutaka at 12-8-2008 03:45 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-8-2008 11:35 PM | Show all posts
wow.. that's a LOT of mistakes I did hihi.. thank you for correcting it .. really glad
that there's someone who's actually willing to help me without the sarcastics
gesture...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-8-2008 11:54 PM | Show all posts
there's one thing that I've been wondering about hehe.. If I post a lot of things.. wouldn't it be tiring for u dexa to correct every single post ? appreciate ur
effort .. but i'm afraid if it's too much for you to handle .. gosh i wish there was
a short cut to improve my english ..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2008 06:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by akuadikdia at 11-8-2008 11:35 PM
wow.. that's a LOT of mistakes I did hihi.. thank you for correcting it .. really glad
that there's someone who's actually willing to help me without the sarcastics
gesture..

being sarcastic
(note: sarcastic - no 's')

you are welcome -
actually you wrote it quite well adikdia -
and you are going to improve as the time passes by -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-8-2008 06:49 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1055 akuadikdia's post

there's one thing that I've been wondering about hehe.. If I post a lot of things.. wouldn't it be tiring for u dexa to correct every single post ? appreciate ur effort .. but i'm afraid if it's too much for you to handle .. gosh i wish there was
a short cut to improve my english

thanks for your concern - i'm really touched -
actually it's not a biggie for me - and i sincerely want to help
besides - we all can learn together

this is one way to improve your english, adikdia -
keep up your post in this thread and keep writing in English -
you are going to be fluent in English in to time -
trust me -

keep up your good work!! -

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2008 07:00 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1053 mayutaka's post

I've friends working at INTEL in Bayan Lepas, Penang. I'm sure most of us know that INTEL is a MNC company which means their medium of communication is in English. An addition to that, both of my friends in technical support department and they are required to communicate with internal staff as well as customers from all over the world.

Anyway, the thing is, as my friends told me, in INTEL, most of the staff there (not all) are like to criticize other's English. In fact, there's one Indian gal who take pleasure in correcting while criticizing other's English in a sarcastic manner as if they were a native speaker of Queen's English. It's a bit frightening though. In fact, there's one Chinese guy, a new hire and his English is not as good as this Indian gal's, so they say. And this Indian gal along with her other senior friends, kept teasing n talking behind his back about this his English. Pity him.

I do hope, these kind of people shud meet people who major in English n slam these people down with super-duper-high-level English. Duhh...

omit 'in'
In
are
often
takes
and
she's
Once
a
employee
girl
omit 'And'
omit 'kept'
his poor English non-stop.
I feel bad for him.
other
whose

smile @ slam with super duper....
thanks for the story...
let's hope we learn from this and not looking down at
others who want to learn the language -

instead we should encourage and motivate them  -

Use magic Report

Post time 13-8-2008 06:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mayutaka at 11-8-2008 11:21 PM
Anyway, the thing is, as my friends told me, in INTEL, most of the staff there (not all) are like to criticize other's English. In fact, there's one Indian gal who take pleasure in correcting while criticizing other's English in a sarcastic manner as if they were a native speaker of Queen's English

question .. is it in Intel or at Intel - for this particular sentence ? I'm always confuse with preposition ..

Use magic Report

Post time 17-8-2008 11:59 AM | Show all posts
hi everyone. im new here and feel interested to join all of u. so, i will try my best to post in english. please correct me if im wrong. actually i just started read the english novels. hope it can be worked. i am quite worry because this is my final year in university. so then i am afraid to adapt and face the next step after graduating.( working) one problem is im not really well with english. i can speak confidently but when it comes to writing..
hope everyone in here will help me.

[ Last edited by  crewzmania at 17-8-2008 12:00 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

20-5-2024 02:28 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.177048 second(s), 50 queries .