CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: yellow belmont

EVIL - was it born within us? .. or how?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 26-3-2007 08:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ajinomotonosuga at 24-3-2007 02:10 PM
Buddhism is a religion to buddhists  as what is islam to muslems and as what is Jesuit to Christian ppl. On this basis thus we have respect towards each other rather scolding anyone else , u dont have religion laaaa...hinduism is not religion laaaa..this is unhealthy u know.

perhaps buddhism is actually a religion .. but from what i learn it is categorize under "belief" not under "religion" ..

but as u said .. i call evil .. u call momok .. so depends on the person la ..

anyway .. i believe wei loon doesnt mean any "evil" with his post .. hehe

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-3-2007 09:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 24-3-2007 03:05 PM
islam-                                                         buddism
believe in phrophet                                     do not believe in phrophet
one god                                                     do not believe in one god as ULTIMATE GOD....
adam and eve                                            no adam and eve
heaven and hell                                          no heaven no hell......... only reincarnation
al-quran FROM GOD                                   mantra written by BUDDHA(whom used to be human about way of life, NOT
                                                                  about GOD)

since we have talk bout religion suddenly .. i wanna take this opportunity to ask u as a Buddhist ..

does it mean there is no God? .. or there are several God and They have the same status among Them? ..

Use magic Report

Post time 26-3-2007 11:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yellow belmont at 26-3-2007 09:09 PM

since we have talk bout religion suddenly .. i wanna take this opportunity to ask u as a Buddhist ..

does it mean there is no God? .. or there are several God and They have the same statu ...

you ask me as a buddist or chinese?? as in chinese there are taoism and confusim and buddism as well... they are oftenly considered the same not just non chinese but also chinese them self.......

like i said.... in buddism.... we DO NOT worhip buddha as the ULTIMATE GOD.... but admire, respect him for reaching
enlightenment...... so, not just gaotama buddha that reach enlightenment... there are a lot of people that reach enlightenment also.. and they are respected, admired being idolized and therefore considered as being worshipped as the ULTIMATE god
by other religion like islam and christian.... in fact they are not....

okie... back to taoism and confusim.....
like buddism.. both also a phylosophy in china....  different type of phylosoply....
confusim........
back before shee huang tee (the emperor that bulit the great wall of china) fearing that confusim will threathen his political power, he then kill all the confusim practitioner and burn all the books.... it still governs some chinese teaching.....
about the ancestor laltar in chinese home....it is never worshipped as the ULTIMATE god... some non chinese might think chinese worship their ancestor.... no.... it is to remember, respect and thank our ancestor for the things we have today... not worshipped.......

"or there are several God and They have the same status among"

that is taosim...... china now are not as china few thousand years ago... there are many countries that are seperated... now some are mongolia and even hungary....... so, basically, like greek, china that time have a myth of its own..... taoism....
the yin yang symbol..... it is also a phylosophy.... about something like this.... "there would be no short if there are no long"
so, last time, the chinese have myth tat the heaven have a kingdom that control our life here on earth..... so, there are many deities or dewa or dewi.... not god..... bear in mind this... when talk about god here, it is not the ultimate god as in islam or christian....... these dewa or dewi are the one who are incharge of certain ting... like lovers` fate, death, thunder, ocean, earth, fire, wind.........
so these "god" or the superbeing tat are incharged of controlling these events......
yes... they have their status as well.......but it is considered as myth, so there are not much people really know about it now... but some are still practised as well......

do you realise the chinese worship temple, there is a red face statue with a big knife thing??
tat is kwan yee kong... he used to be a general tat have overwhelming courage and integrity.. he then die with honour....
then his statue is then build for remembrance like tugu negara at first...... then slowly, its story is told to inspire small children
chinese kneel to show respect to elderly... so, the  statue is then kneeled and showed respect and people start to admire him
about the incest...the thing tat chinese burn n put it... it is believe tat dead people feed on those stuff.... so, nowadays,
people kneel before him to show respect and admire and hope to be blessed and have the same virtue as he did...
so, he is never worshipped as GOD.....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-3-2007 11:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yellow belmont at 26-3-2007 08:39 PM

kita tikam org dgn pisau .. itu evil .. pisau itu sendiri not evil .. so nuclear power is not an evil thing .. evil thing actually is evil doing .. so benda2 tak idup mcm tu cannot be evil .. ...

yeap......... you are right.... like are you goin to blame the wright brothers for creating plane and cause 911 incident??
or blame einstein on the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki for developine E=mc2   ???????????

Use magic Report

Post time 26-3-2007 11:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yellow belmont at 26-3-2007 08:51 PM

perhaps buddhism is actually a religion .. but from what i learn it is categorize under "belief" not under "religion" ..

but as u said .. i call evil .. u call momok . ...

you could also categorized it under religion.... dharmatic religion or social religion..... not like islam, chrisitan and jewism where it believes teh ULTIMATE god......

Use magic Report

Post time 27-3-2007 07:29 PM | Show all posts
This is the concept of tabula rasa...

"The mind before it receives the impressions gained from experience.
The unformed, featureless mind in the philosophy of John Locke."

in away a bit like "kanak-kanak dilahirkan dalam keadaan 'suci dan bersih'. Seumpama kain putih, ibu bapalah yang mercorakkan mereka sama ada menjadi Majusi atau Nasrani."

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 28-3-2007 01:47 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 26-3-2007 11:53 PM

you ask me as a buddist or chinese?? as in chinese there are taoism and confusim and buddism as well... they are oftenly considered the same not just non chinese but also chinese them self ...

i was asking u as a Buddhist .. but since u have explained it as a Chinese also .. its ok .. the more u give the more i will learn rite .. now i know where did that "Dewa Kwan" came from .. selalu nampak dlm filem kongsi gelap Hong Kong .. hehe

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-3-2007 01:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 27-3-2007 07:29 PM
kanak-kanak dilahirkan dalam keadaan 'suci dan bersih'. Seumpama kain putih, ibu bapalah yang mercorakkan mereka

hehe .. my starting post was partly inspired from this famous quote ..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-3-2007 07:29 AM | Show all posts

Reply #28 yellow belmont's post

yup, dats y I related the concept of tabula rasa...usually pertaining to
language acquisition...but still there's something related to this topic...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-3-2007 10:13 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 28-3-2007 07:29 AM
yup, dats y I related the concept of tabula rasa...usually pertaining to
language acquisition...but still there's something related to this topic...

err .. actually what does "tabula rasa" mean? .. feels like i heard it b4 but dont remember what it is .. i try to look in my dictionary but couldn't find it .. care to explain? .. in bm .. hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2007 03:05 PM | Show all posts

ni salah satu maksud dier...

Pemikiran yang belum menerima apa-apa input...suci bersih...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2007 10:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yellow belmont at 28-3-2007 01:47 AM

i was asking u as a Buddhist .. but since u have explained it as a Chinese also .. its ok .. the more u give the more i will learn rite .. now i know where did that "Dewa Kwan" came ...

hahaa........ as you know, hong kong are borrowed to british for 100 years..... so, many people in hong kong are now christian... not all....
like other religion, many people misuse to real meaning of religion......
dewa kwan was famous for his courage and valour in war...... to fight for goodness..... to fight bad people
tu kongsi gelap juga curropted...... nak dewa kwan yin bless mereka dalam fight mereka dengan polis???? haha
right???

i could not explain to you in general in buddism...... as some teaching in some countries are different..... like india, tibet, china, myanmar, thai, laos......

but for the chinese myth, many are now adopted as culture.... not as religion anymore......

few more things....
you see two lion in front of chinese house??? those are used to scare off dirty thing with their fierce face....
the one that step on ball is male and the one step on baby lion are female

the octagon mirror placed infront of chinese house... it is say that dirty thing can see their own reflections.... so, they are scared away by their ugly reflection....

also the so call jumping zomnie??know? they are not vampire.... it is said before that when war, many people die and some do not have
money or relative to take care of their funeral, so, some witch doctor put spell on their body and make them jump back to where they are
from... how true is it i also dono.... hahahaaaa...............

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 28-3-2007 10:20 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-3-2007 01:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 28-3-2007 03:05 PM

ni salah satu maksud dier...

Pemikiran yang ...

oh itu rupanya maksud dia .. i tot itu John Locke punya ckp doesnt define tabula rasa ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-3-2007 02:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 28-3-2007 10:14 PM

hahaa........ as you know, hong kong are borrowed to british for 100 years..... so, many people in hong kong are now christian... not all....
like other religion, many people misuse to rea ...

yup .. most ppl in HK now is Christian .. i can see it thru their name and how the have their wedding ..

yeah definitely .. b4 goin to fight .. be it with police or with another rascal .. they will worship Dewa Kwan 1st ..

2 lion? .. i think i found it mostly in front of hotel .. never really pay attention how they pose .. hehe

octagon? .. oh to scare evil .. ic ic ..

the jumping vampire .. haha .. i missed those old days where we can watch this jumping vampire on our local tv .. heard this vampire came from big general only .. i dunno la true or not ..

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2007 11:01 AM | Show all posts

Reply #34 yellow belmont's post

big general???  jumping vampire?? hahaaaa...............

anyway, do you watch singapore wovie? it is very nice... it touches every aspects of our life...
it is to teach the urban singaporean that are materialistic, selfish and arrogant......
moveis like i not stupid 1 &2;
home run kids....
new one just follow laws.. new one.. ny pua chu khang

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2007 07:56 PM | Show all posts
kl tak der evil mesti tak tahu aper tuh good
kl tk ggod mesti tak tau aper tuh evil...

.. nnt lah ader mase aku bace korang nyer discussion nampak best jer.. tp skrg bos aku soh buat presentaion klien dia.. sooooo EVIL:@  padahal tuh bukan bidang keje aku...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-4-2007 01:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 29-3-2007 11:01 AM
big general???  jumping vampire?? hahaaaa...............

anyway, do you watch singapore wovie? it is very nice... it touches every aspects of our life...
it is to teach the urban singaporean  ...

i think i have watch 2 or 3 singapore movies .. dont really bother actually .. im interested more to HK movies ..

besides i dont really like the mandarin language .. no offence .. except for some movie like Zhang Yi Mou movies .. it is acceptable then ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-4-2007 01:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by True-X at 29-3-2007 07:56 PM
kl tak der evil mesti tak tahu aper tuh good
kl tk ggod mesti tak tau aper tuh evil...

.. nnt lah ader mase aku bace korang nyer discussion nampak best jer.. tp skrg bos aku soh buat presenta ...

a ah .. suppose to be mcm tu .. dlm dunia ni biasanya bila ada a then mesti ada b .. kalau tak tau a maka tak tau apa itu b .. bila takde b pula mesti tak tau apa itu a .. mesti ada timbal balik dia ..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2007 02:31 AM | Show all posts

Reply #37 yellow belmont's post

hahaaa......... its alright......... some non cantonese speakers also think speak cantonese is cool... because of the hong kong media........ i like tvb drama too... but i will like watever movie or drama that is nice.. mandarin; cantonese; hokkien; tamil; malay; hindi...... watever

same for english....... people speak english because the media makes it look so cool to speak english

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2007 12:39 PM | Show all posts
YES IT BORN AND BOND WITH US....U R NORMAL IF U HAVE A PIECE OF IT

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-5-2024 04:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059363 second(s), 40 queries .