CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: nschek

Taiji Quan is Suitable among Youngs and Old, Do u Agree ??

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 24-6-2007 11:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #40 SONofODIN's post

Not Really like Pushing Hand..BUT I must learn Pushing Hand now..Coz I need to know the "JING" of each Taijiquan Technic.

"JING" -- a type of Force

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-6-2007 11:25 PM | Show all posts
It is not easy to learn the taijiquan without knowing the "JING" ... It is not easy to Know the "JING" without knowing the
Push Hand Technic..  :ah: :ah:

So, It is complete as a Taijiquan if u know all the pratice and by learning the way step by step..

it is not only that u know part of the Taijiquan or the Teory of Taijiquan ..then it will make u say that u r learning Taijiquan...
:no: :no:

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 06:54 AM | Show all posts

Reply #42 nschek's post

You don't need to learn Taijiquan in order to learn the jing. Jing can be learnt while learning pushing hand. There are many methods to learn the jing. Sets and systems are man made. Forms and sets are dead. My sifu did not learn the Taiji form. His jing is powerful. A few of my si hing are also very good in executing jing.

The problem with Taiji practitioners, they believed in traditional training. They followed by the book. When I was still training, a group of Yang Taiji veterans used to come to our place for pushing hands. They can't even handle us including 2 of our teenager trainees.

Many years ago, a group of us went to Klang attending Wang Taiji promotion day.
You know what the old sifu can't even out push my si hing.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 09:26 AM | Show all posts
HOW COME THERE ARE ONLY BOTH OF US HERE?:stp:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-6-2007 01:45 AM | Show all posts

Reply #44 SONofODIN's post

May be it because.. We are the one who know the Taijiquan ..!!!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-6-2007 01:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #43 SONofODIN's post

I know what u mean... But I believe that If u r learning the correct way or the real way of praticing the Taijiquan.. U will learn and improve from time to time..

What if somebody who r master in these Martial Art ..Some body who r skill in Taijiquan..BUT how about
the next generation..?? I mean This Grand Master student example.. Could they really learn and really could
apply the skill like their Master was.. Not saying 100% ,HOw about 80-90% of their Grand Master Skill..

If they can't learn the actual way ... could they aplly the skill...????

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 26-6-2007 06:35 AM | Show all posts

Reply #46 nschek's post

A good teacher teaches based on his understanding of the art. Take Bruce Lee for example. He learned Wing Chun from Yip Mun. He did a lot of research on Martial Arts and developed his own method which is more potent that his sifu. He was interested in Martial Art not fixed form. My sifu was like him. He likes fighting. He developed his own method of training based on his understanding in real martial art. There is no such thing like original in Martial Art training.

Our jing training is based on repetitive movements. Short explosive movements.

There are so many types of Taiji. Each school was developed based on understanding of their masters. So, did you see there is no original Taiji? Recognition is man made.

Your purpose to learnTaiji is to master that particular style. Every individuals have their own objective in Martial Art. My sifu didn't want to name his art. Whatever my sifu taught are based on the principal of Yin & Yang and non resistance. His pushing hands is finer than traditional Taiji pushing hands. My sifu always asked us not to copy his style. We were advised to develop our own style. If we copied his style we would never be better than him.

His finese in pushing hands is so difficult to master. He likes Aikido foot works. He asked us to incorporate Aikido footworks in our training.

I know that you prefer traditional style and I prefer 'evolution' style.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-6-2007 06:42 AM | Show all posts
Raymond is also known as Goh Sam Fung.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-6-2007 02:40 PM | Show all posts

Reply #48 SONofODIN's post

Ha ha ...:setuju:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-6-2007 02:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #47 SONofODIN's post

I respect ur way of learning Taijiquan..   Hope u find a best way to Promote Taijiquan..

Use magic Report

Post time 26-6-2007 03:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #50 nschek's post

I have retired lah. I am looking for pushing hand class near my place. But so, don't have. Last time when I was running a gym, I used to teach my members pushing hands for my own practice. Goh Sam Fung was one of them. We practised almost everyday. Goh Sam Fung had used it in actual sparring with his TV3 colleagues. I had about 6 'disciples'. I missed those days.

I had a Gwailo member who was crazy about Taiji. I recommended him Yang Taiji at Cheras. He went there in the morning. Twice a week he followed me to pushing hand class in the evening. In the afternoon, he practised pushing hand with me.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-6-2007 03:37 PM | Show all posts

Reply #50 nschek's post

I have retired lah. I am looking for pushing hand class near my place. But so, don't have. Last time when I was running a gym, I used to teach my members pushing hands for my own practice. Goh Sam Fung was one of them. We practised almost everyday. Goh Sam Fung had used it in actual sparring with his TV3 colleagues. I had about 6 'disciples'. I missed those days.

I had a Gwailo member who was crazy about Taiji. I recommended him Yang Taiji at Cheras. He went there in the morning. Twice a week he followed me to pushing hand class in the evening. In the afternoon, he practised pushing hand with me.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-6-2007 03:39 PM | Show all posts

Reply #50 nschek's post

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-6-2007 11:59 PM | Show all posts

Reply #53 SONofODIN's post

Oh ..ic..   Where are you staying now??

I had a China Sifu that very good in Taijiquan Push Hand but in Traditional Way..

I mean he was teaching Taijiquan Tao Lu (Routine) and Push Hand too.. I did
not tell Goh Sam Fung about it.. Pls do not tell him about these too..OK ?? :no:

Coz I know whats his thinking .. and right now His mind only thinking of Chen
Style Taijiquan and also because he are a Assitant Instructor there...;)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-6-2007 12:13 AM | Show all posts

Reply #53 SONofODIN's post

By the way.. My China Sifu only will teach Push Hand if u r interested in learning these art of
Taijiquan which mean u need to follow his way..

I can say he was a really good in Push Hand .. coz he has been challenged by a
lot of Push Hand Player in P.J and K.L area.. They came in the beginning to say
that they want to learn these Taijiquan and they need some guide or testing the
Push Hand before they register as a student..

So, They went slowly at 1st and Suddenty they became very RUDE and Violence.

After a while .. We could said that some of the guy have joined and some of it just took off like that.. coz all of them have
been defeated..

My China sifu didi not like people who are not honest and he said if u r interested to learn and really want to understand the Push Hand Technic, Just ask and doing it in the real Martial Art way.. Politely not in a RUDE way..

[ Last edited by  nschek at 27-6-2007 12:16 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-6-2007 06:39 AM | Show all posts

Reply #54 nschek's post

I stay at end of Jln Ampang. I prefer somewhere within 5 mins drive. Thanks for your offer anyway. I think your sifu would teach the form first than pushing hand.
I did learn Yang Taiji before. I attended a few lessons only, then gave up. I don't like form.

Sam Fung will not be interested in other styles. He likes Chen only because can show off ma.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-6-2007 06:43 AM | Show all posts

Reply #55 nschek's post

Why you learn so many styles of Taiji? Wouldn't it be confusing to learn Yang and Chen at the same time?

Same thing happened to my sifu. Last time a lot of martial artistes came to challenge him. Back in the early 70's, my sifu trained a group of fighters to compete in a free style fighting competition in Ipoh. They won a few gold medals. The competion was banned later.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-6-2007 12:18 AM | Show all posts

Reply #56 SONofODIN's post

:setuju: :setuju: :pompom:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-6-2007 12:22 AM | Show all posts

Reply #57 SONofODIN's post

I stop learning Chen Style Already.. I Stop it because i want to learn smoething
not Showing Off.. and I already found it in this Yang Style...

It sounds crazy but i have not been laerning PUSH HAND within these 4 yrs in
Chen Style. It was because my Sifu didi not like it..

I not really like Push Hand but i realize that without learning the Push Hand..you won't understand Taijiquan Completely.. Do u agree ???

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-6-2007 12:33 AM | Show all posts
I understand that ur not interested in the Old Form of practicing Taijiquan.. Its
very bored . BUT I can tell you this.. If u compare my China Teacher to others..It totally defferent... YAP...

But if you want to compare to ur SIfu..Hmm I wolud say that He gots his own
way and MY Teachers has his own way too...

Importantly.. U can learn the technic step by step and u will feel that u r
improving from time to time (If u r practice it frequently offcause)

Now, We were improved from previous since before we were joined.. I m not
telling joke..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 01:33 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.097508 second(s), 42 queries .