CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3145|Reply: 1

Abuse of foreign imigrant workers.

Close [Copy link]
Post time 27-6-2007 07:54 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Talk about Malaysian mistreating their foreign workers is nothing compared to how the so call Islamic govrnment fo Saudi Arabia treat their foreign imigran workers. So what does Islam say about treating hired workers?

揃ad Dreams擡xploitation and Abuse of Migrant Workers in Saudi Arabia

Labor Exploitation

Each chapter of this report includes testimonies from migrant workers who entered the

kingdom legally, in full compliance with Saudi government regulations. Many of them

paid hefty sums of money to manpower recruitment agencies in their home countries to

secure legal employment visas, often assuming substantial debt or selling property to

finance the cost. Once in the kingdom, they found themselves at the mercy of legal

sponsors and de facto employers who had the power to impose oppressive working

conditions on them, with effective government oversight clearly lacking. Unaware of their

rights, or afraid to complain for fear of losing their jobs, the majority of these workers

simply endured gross labor exploitation.

To cite only a few examples, we interviewed migrant workers from Bangladesh who were

forced to work ten to twelve hours a day, and sometimes throughout the night without

overtime pay, repairing underground water pipes for the municipality of Tabuk. They

were not paid salaries for the first two months and had to borrow money from

compatriots to purchase food. An Indian migrant said that he was was paid $133 a

month for working an average of sixteen hours daily in Ha抜l. A migrant from the

Philippines said that he worked sixteen to eighteen hours a day at a restaurant in Hofuf,

leaving him so exhausted that, he told us, he 揻elt mentally retarded.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-6-2007 08:19 PM | Show all posts

who abuse what???

PRESS RELEASE OF JOSHUA KONG - Deputy President of CASH  27th June 2007

I want to expose what my wife witnessed as per report below.
        While the ongoing regularisation by the Chief Minister Department over refugees and IMM13 had been denied since the exposure of Angkatan Petugas Pemantau Pendatang Asing (APPPA) or APPA (Angkatan Permantau Pendatang Asing)?  by the Police on 8th May 2007,  there was actually  an earlier letter from the Chief Minister Department seeking support from the NGOs.

Now what my wife witnessed can explain the modus operandi of these operators like identity cards are split for several illegal holders, these operators are trying to cash in on the demand of IMM13 so that they can make dubious claim for the 'genuine' status to get the official IMM13 document to remain in Sabah free from harrassment from the authorities and also likely to be given PR against public interest as per Datuk Nazri.  It is known that IMM13 is under a very disorganised system in the Immigration Department.

Joshua Kong   
IMM13 duplicated for sale in the street? as witnessed by  Mrs. M. Kong

This is to report what I observed at the road divider/island at the Kg Air shops in front of CIMB Bank and the Chinese Chamber of Commerce building.

I was there today 27th June 2007, between 11.15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.watching over my car while my husband visited clients.

Then an obese women X (5'5") in red blouse and red trousers with the slim man Y in red T shirt and blue jean about 5' 9". They were 4 children with the 2 boys wearing red T shirts and 2 girls with decorated hair. Both X & Y were wearing golden coloured watches with the woman wearing colourful bangles. Man with 4 handphones and woman with 2 handphones.  Man was a chain smoker with a golden coloured lighter.  They were very busy with answering the phones.

This couple (X & Y) were seen arranging some papers while waiting for others.

Then first couple (A & B) came with 3 children complaining of "pusing, pusing",  and were handed documents by the couple X to the woman A and Y to the man B, and Y telling the man B "ini boleh kerja sudah, ini dokumen IMM13"  and the man B handed over to Y 10 ringgit.  Y was heard telling B that "ini fotocopi hanya 10 ringgit" while the exchanges took place.  Y was heard telling B that "lain kali mahal". I also saw that X also received RM10. This couple A and B had some luggages with them.

Then 3 men came with hand luggage each and started to talk to B  in a language not known to me.  B translated to Y.  Y then handed three pieces of IMM13 in white paper to B.  Then the 3 men handed over RM10 each to B, who in turn handed over the money to Y.  B continued to talk to the 3 men in a strange language.

Plenty of telephone calls followed.  Y was heard telling these people with the IMM13 that "kau boleh terus kerja dengan orang dari Sarawak dan majikan orang sini" {they could work for people from Sarawak and some local employers straight away). Y said  "Jangan tawar dengan gaji, ada kerja dan sekarang selamat"  (Don't bargain with the pay, be safe with work).

The couple A & B asked Y "Apa macam kalau Polis datang dan ini fotocopi", dan Y replied "jangan susah kerana boss boleh jamin dan bayar Polis".

Later a green van came to collect them.  The van was very dirty. Eight persons (5 adults and 3 children) went into the van.

The couple X & Y left with the 4 children in a small car parked somewhere away near the hotel.

I hope this information would assist the Police and the Government to take action as I respond to the IGP's call for public tip off.

I believe this couple X & Y is still operating some where in town.
Mrs M. Kong

[ Last edited by  13Friday at 27-6-2007 08:20 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 11:44 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.100895 second(s), 28 queries .