CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2960|Reply: 11

ThE pUrSuIt Of HapPyNeSS

[Copy link]
Post time 8-7-2007 06:28 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Should we try to chase, grab etc the so-called happiness, which we actually put the worthy tag on it. Happiness differs from one person to another. Sometimes it is actually better for us to put a lower benchmark for what we thought would be our happiness, so that we actually thought we have achieve more than we should be happy for. BLISS匸/font]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-7-2007 08:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 seribulan's post

Crazy...

Just last night I was seeing this movie with Chris Tucker in the lead role.

The title of this movie is "The Pursuits of Happyness". I have the DVD with me for a long time and have been meaning to watch it but somehow didn't. I am halfway through the movie when something comes up and have to stop watching it. There is so much going wrong with his life at that moment that our lives will seems smooth sailing in comparison. He keep chasing happyness but happyness seems to elude him.

I am going to continue watching this movie, probably tonight.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2007 09:20 PM | Show all posts

Reply #2 Agul's post

I thought it was Will Smith, my fave actor, with his son?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 09:52 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 seribulan's post

Oooops.. my bad.

Will Smith as Chris Gardner.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 10:08 PM | Show all posts
one quote from the movie -
'Christopher Gardner: [to his son] You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.'

interpret it anyway you like (good or bad). either way you'll find your true happiness.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 06:23 AM | Show all posts
Happiness comes naturally when our life is in good order.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-7-2007 09:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 8-7-2007 06:28 PM
Should we try to chase, grab etc the so-called happiness, which we actually put the worthy tag on it. Happiness differs from one person to another. Sometimes it is actually better for us to put a ...

while its good to lower ur benchmark..so that you'll feel bliss..more easilly..if by doing so
aren't you also shortchanging ur self..?

concur that happiness defer from a person to a person..a poor man will be happy with a loaf of bread..a rich man will be happy
with his first million..

For me happiness is when ...people that are dear to you..appreciate you and you bring a smile to their life..sounds craps
but that to me is happiness...material wise..there'll never going to be enuff anyway   

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 11:37 PM | Show all posts
A man rights to live is his rights to all the live that he is capable of living.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-7-2007 09:35 PM | Show all posts
Happiness, like fear, is the state of your mind...only you can
set it in the end...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2007 03:56 PM | Show all posts
i always wonder what 'happiness' is.  what i've noticed is, human being is a very resilient species.  look at all the difficult situations/conditions in the world.  i saw it during the tsunami, earthquake in iran and pakistan.... even during difficult times, we can smile and laugh.... and at the other extreme, even those that 'have everything' smirks.... what is happiness?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2007 09:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 foundation's post

It's a choice, I think.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-7-2007 11:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by foundation at 14-7-2007 03:56 PM
i always wonder what 'happiness' is.  what i've noticed is, human being is a very resilient species.  look at all the difficult situations/conditions in the world.  i saw it during the tsunami, e ...

it is the spark of life

as u know there is no fire without a spark

as to how to make the whole fire a happiness or any fire is the eternal one (everlasting happiness), that is what life is all about.

what happen if there is no fire at all in our life? no heat no energy produced no enlightenment no sunrise..all is darkness around u

would one be happy?  for example u are in a bright room suddenly there is this power failure and there is no light..can u still be happy? how can u endure darkness, u once taste this happiness of having light in that room.

the real enemy of mankind is ignorance and light begin with the spark of happiness. in islam i would say this is 'NUR' al hidayah.

ps. fire is term i used interchangeably to Light, to represent enlightenment, Smile and Be Happy

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

1-5-2024 03:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067468 second(s), 39 queries .