CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hamizao

Truth Will Set You Free

[Copy link]
Post time 1-12-2007 02:08 AM | Show all posts
Truth is simple. If it is complicated, everybody would get it.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-12-2007 02:20 AM | Show all posts

Reply #58 cokkodok's post

Great, cokkodok!

Once you know how to handle presumable hurt or wrong done unto you, you shall not feel  hurt any more. That's  freedom!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-12-2007 02:37 AM | Show all posts

Reply #60 Agul's post

In a way, it's the way you look at things. For example whether the glass is half full or half empty.

Culturally, people like to belong......hence they often take the generally accepted conclussion to all situations. That's why mixing around with different people can broaden one's outlook and can help one to look at things in different perspectives. This we can do as we no longer live in tribes of nomads in the wilderness where ahderence to the tribal customs is vital to the tribe's existence.

Truth is simple. If it is complicated, everybody would get it.

Pening sikit tang nih.............!       

Use magic Report

Post time 2-12-2007 10:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 7-11-2007 11:10 PM
Up to a few days ago I was still having problem with what forgiving really means till I found this little book at MPH about forgiving and forgetting. Nope..... I didn't purchase it.......I though ...

If you go at kinokuniya, mph or any bookstore.Try searching for books on sedona method.
Got great review in amazon.燩eople爏ay爐hat爄t's燽etter爐han燼nything爌sychoteraphy燾an爋ffer.
If you found it, do tell. I'm thinking of getting this book to.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-12-2007 10:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 2-12-2007 02:37 AM
In a way, it's the way you look at things. For example whether the glass is half full or half empty.

Culturally, people like to belong......hence they often take the generally accepted conclus ...

Well, people likes to overcomplicate thing. Me, you and everyone.

We really, really have a hard time understanding overly simple thing. Wwe like to add a bit here, a bit there, a spice here, a spice there....

That the best i can explain. As for the truth... I can't really tell. I really have found something good and intellectually understands it but, intuitively, still long/short way to go...

Forgive the ambiguity.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-12-2007 06:05 AM | Show all posts

Reply #64 Agul's post

Thanks, Agul. I actually bought the book(Forgive & Forget) in my next trip to MPH.....just bit the bullet!

Here it is:

I tend to think looking for the real TRUTH is indeed an art.....as much as forgiving is. Smedes says, "When we forgive, we set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner we set free is us."

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 3-12-2007 06:21 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-12-2007 12:31 PM | Show all posts

Reply #66 hamizao's post

Forgive and Forget. Nice title. Especially the forgetting part.

Most people feels that they have forgive, but if you're still hurting inside, imho the forgiveness still not complete. Just my opinion.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-12-2007 05:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #67 Agul's post

I also think you are absolutely right.

I do wonder sometimes repeated hurts may be one of the cause. Could it still be ignorance on the part of the person causing it? You know sometimes people do not wish to promise to refrain from past mistakes.......so they keep on hurting others.....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-12-2007 09:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 5-12-2007 05:13 PM
I also think you are absolutely right.

I do wonder sometimes repeated hurts may be one of the cause. Could it still be ignorance on the part of the person causing it? You know sometimes people ...

itulah sebabnya...we just have to learn to forgive and to forget.
Only then baru kita dapat katakan yang the truth does set us free.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-12-2007 09:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #68 hamizao's post

Yeah...

On another note, in our life, repeated hurts, repeted everything. Most thing in our life is just reptitions. Be it good, be it bad.

No wonder, we kept thinking and doing in the same way, half expecting things would turn out different. Insanity, isn't it?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-12-2007 09:35 PM | Show all posts
But then most people really have the most trouble to forgive the single person who is closest to them.

Themselves.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-12-2007 01:56 AM | Show all posts

Reply #69 cokkodok's post

..to forgive and forget......But then forgiving is not forgetting. Forgetting does not come in the forgiveness package. We need to forgive because we do not forget. Smedes says that forgiving makes up for what God could not give us when he made us - the power to change the past. There is no deletion button for bad things that happen to us. All He could give us is the power to remember.

If you have forgotten then you need not forgive...............Am I making sense?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-12-2007 11:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #71 Agul's post

Now that's and interesting comment, Agul.

It reminds me of the principle that you may not be able to change people or others but you CAN change yourself.

On this note, allow me to refer wrong in general as "evil" and to borrow from James Allen's "From Poverty To Power.

There is no evil in the universe except ignorance. Evil is rooted in ignorance - as long as we remain in the state of ignorance, we shall remain subject to evil. Evil is corrective and remedial and is therefore not permanent. Evil must be understood. It is not enough just to pray to God to remove evil but we must find out:

- why it is there (focus not on what was done but why, as I had earlie recommended) ;
- what lesson it bears .

To do do this, we must get outside ourself to examine and understand our ownself. Evil, when rightly understood it becomes a teacher to those willing to learn. It is really an experience  in our heart and by examining and understanding ourself AND then rectifying our heart we would gradually discover the origin and nature of the evil .........and hence it's eradication.

Try it.................

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2007 01:42 AM | Show all posts
I went to Kinouniya today, trying to find a book titles The Sedona method, written by Hale Dowskin.

I found out that it's out of stock. The nice girl said the book will probably be available in another 2-3 weeks... Hesitate to place a reservation as I'm thinking of ordering another book by a different author. May have to try amazon for that one since no bookstore in Malaysia is selling it. Or I might just get "The Sedona Method"... choice, choice...

Btw, I end up buying some other books. Have a nice chat with an old chinese lady while browsing self enrichment section... she ends up buying some book that I recommend... at that age, still reading personal enrichment books... rare indeed. I don't know what i will be doing at that age...

And, I forgot to get that girl's number. Maybe I'm going to Kinuniya again after all...

And hami, I am not sure but i think the book about Sedona Method maybe the best  practical and comprehansive book available on emotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Met ... 97308346&sr=8-1

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2007 01:45 AM | Show all posts
Just a quick note, most people have only two reaction when facing emotional issues... suppressing, or expressing...

The Sedona Method explores another way.

Releasing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2007 11:19 PM | Show all posts
The Sedona Method explores another way.

Releasing.

Smedes also explains that forgiving is releasing people from their wrongs and seeing them as needy people...........

So it may be quite similar to the Sedona Method(?)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-12-2007 01:56 PM | Show all posts

Reply #76 hamizao's post

I haven't read smedes book. It is more on forgiveness, right?

The Sedona Method is about releasing unwanted feeling. Be it apathy, grief, fear, lust, anger, pride (AGFLAP, and the corresponding feeling to each of these six as othe emotion are included in them).

They even teach to release  good feeling like courageousness, acceptance and peace (and their corresponding feeling CAP) as they say good feeling are not limited, the more we release, the more we get.

It also goes to the root of desire.

Reading all the good reviews, have to read it for myself.

I'm going to get the book after kino restock them.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-12-2007 12:20 AM | Show all posts

Reply #77 Agul's post

It sounds good, Agul. Don't forget to buzz me once you get a copy.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-12-2007 01:30 PM | Show all posts

Reply #78 hamizao's post

Will do.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-12-2007 10:33 PM | Show all posts

Reply #81 hamizao's post

Erm ...no thanks Hami,
perhaps ...next time?

besides, i still disagree with "truth is all liberating" thingy,
maybe for some, but not for all ..
sometimes, finding out the truth about people or situations,
only saddens us ...innit?

[ Last edited by  Mansairaku at 29-12-2007 12:01 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 07:45 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064570 second(s), 42 queries .