ADVERTISEMENT

View: 260818|Reply: 2481

FILIPINO-MALAYSIAN ~ A TIME FOR US~ Jericho Rosales & Carmen Soo

Close [Copy link]
Post time 27-3-2008 03:14 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Echo, ABS-CBN ink TV series deal with Malaysia's Double Vision
By REYMA BUAN-DEVEZA

abs-cbnNews.com

The largest integrated media and entertainment company in the country,ABS-CBN Broadcasting Crop. has signed a contract with Malaysianproduction outfit Double Vision, Wednesday afternoon for a televisionproject.

The two companies agreed to co-produce a TV series which will betopbilled by awarded Filipino actor Jericho Rosales and Malaysiansuperstar and model Carmen Soo.

Present during the contract signing were bigwigs of ABS-CBNparticularly the network's president Charo Santos-Concio, executives ofDouble Vision mainly Lim Bek Tek and stars Rosales and Soo.

"Everybody from outside the Philippines would want so much to be a partner with ABS-CBN," Bek Tek said.

"This is indeed a milestone. We抳e been wanting to co-produce with neighboring countries," Santos-Concio added.

Rosales and Soo will begin taping April 30 and will run for two months in sites in both Philippines and Malaysia.

According to Kapamilya's Corporate Communication the biggest television series will be aired on ABS-CBN network later this year.

First meeting

Georgeous Soo and Rosales met for the very first time during thecontract signing. But for Soo, she admitted that she already knows somedetails about her co-star Rosales.

"I've heard of his name before and just want to know more so I googledand find out more. I found out that he also sings and he write songs.He is very impressive and that he has a girlfriend -- Heart," Soo toldmembers of entertainment media during the press conference for theirupcoming series held at 9501 Restaurant inside ABS-CBN compound.

Soo added that she's expecting a lot now that he met his newest on-screen partner, Rosales.

"A lot. this is very exciting, a very big project and I think it willbe different obviously from all (television series) in Malaysia and inthe Philippines. It will be more expecting, there's more beautifulthings to see, different locations and different inputs from the cast."

The model-turned-actress added that she's hoping to have a good timewhile working with Rosales and get to know more about the Philippines.

And when asked of what was her first impression with Rosales, shereplied: "He seems very nice, very warm and I think we both hope tomake the shoot smooth and fun."

Big opportunity

For his part Rosales said he was just surprised to work with Soo afterhis long vacation from television screens and after being busy withcomposing songs.

"First I was surprised after writing songs and doing music, I'm justthinking of a project and then the ABS-CBN offered me the project and Isaid okay, there's really a God. You see I'm just sitting not doinganything and it just came. Now I feel good... To me it's a very bigopportunity to revive my career here and outside the Philippines,"Rosales said.

"Right now I'm very excited and I wanna make this good and I'm gonnawork hard for this project and as Carmen said I hope it will be fun notbeing so stressful and hope to have a powerful project that will have agreat impact not only in the Philippines but also in Malaysia. So it'squite interesting-- two countries, two different characters, twonationalities and we are gonna tackle a lot," the actor narrates.

Rosales started his career at the age of 7. He was a member of StarCircle batch 4 and was known for his outstanding performance ontelevision series "Pangako Sa 'Yo" with actress Kristine Hermosa whileSoo rise to fame when she won a talent search and instantly launchedher career as a model. She also worked with Hong Kong superstar JackyChan for the movie "Georgeous" and just started her acting career last2004.

[ Last edited by  Eddlisa_uyuk at 10-5-2008 04:18 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-3-2008 03:15 PM | Show all posts

pics

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-3-2008 03:20 PM | Show all posts
Malaysian actress to star
in local television series

By Ricky T. Gallardo Entertainment Editor

POPULAR Malaysian actress-model Carmen Soo is in town to finalize preparations for an upcoming television project that will also feature local actor Jericho Rosales. The project, a joint venture between Star Cinema and the Malaysian production group Double Vision, will be shot on location for two months in Malaysia and the Philippines starting next month.

Soo doesn抰 look a bit like 29, and she didn抰 have to think twice before divulging her real age to a select group of entertainment editors during a special luncheon tendered for her by ABS-CBN.

It抯 her second visit to Manila. 揑t was all work the first time I came over. For a few days, I was shooting for a fashion spread. I would love to visit your country抯 beautiful attractions and I think that I might be able to do that when work starts for this exciting TV project,

Use magic Report

Post time 27-3-2008 03:48 PM | Show all posts
Wow echo!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 27-3-2008 03:56 PM | Show all posts
wow this is something that we can look forward to..

Carmen's acting also for me is quite good and impressive..

so good luck to our future onsceen couple..

Use magic Report

Post time 27-3-2008 04:15 PM | Show all posts
[quote]The brown-eyed Soo, who is of Chinese-Malay-English descent, speaks very good English. 揑 hope to learn a few Philippine words and phrases,

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 27-3-2008 05:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 jaeden85's post

wow....echo with carmen...good combination

Use magic Report

Post time 27-3-2008 09:03 PM | Show all posts
CARMEN SOO nih sape ek??

familiar name die.. tp x org nye.. hehe... who's this girl??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-3-2008 12:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by shanew3stgalz at 27-3-2008 09:03 PM
CARMEN SOO nih sape ek??

familiar name die.. tp x org nye.. hehe... who's this girl??

dia nih pelakon malaysia gak....tp more terkenal gan modeling....

kalau shane tgk film baik punya cilok....yg adlin-ac-awie-hans nak curi permata kat kedai pajak gadai tuh....yg jadi anak tauke pajak gadai tu laaa carmen.....yg terror kung fu kat citer tuh...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 12:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eddlisa_uyuk at 28-3-2008 12:16 AM

dia nih pelakon malaysia gak....tp more terkenal gan modeling....

kalau shane tgk film baik punya cilok....yg adlin-ac-awie-hans nak curi permata kat kedai pajak gadai tuh....yg jadi anak  ...

Yg pandai berlawan tu kan...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 12:53 AM | Show all posts
Echoo...miss him

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-3-2008 12:46 PM | Show all posts

Showing

Coming soon last quarter of 2008. To be aired in the Philippines in advance then in Malaysia few weeks later

Use magic Report

Post time 11-4-2008 02:40 PM | Show all posts
cant wait!! i miss my echo.. very envy carmen

Use magic Report

Post time 11-4-2008 06:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 jaeden85's post

amboi bukan main cepat betul disiarkan kat malaysia.  ni mesti sbb carmen soo.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2008 09:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by marissa_jc at 11-4-2008 06:08 PM
amboi bukan main cepat betul disiarkan kat malaysia.  ni mesti sbb carmen soo.

Bukan pasal carmen Soo marissa, pasal Jericho Rosales....

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2008 10:07 AM | Show all posts

Reply #9 Eddlisa_uyuk's post

woo cite Baik punya cilok yea??

x ngok pon lg... smpai skang nk ngok mst de halangan...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-4-2008 10:07 AM | Show all posts
cite nih bila tyng???  can't wait...............

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2008 10:30 AM | Show all posts

Reply #16 shanew3stgalz's post

yup...ada carmen tu...

Use magic Report

Post time 16-4-2008 03:37 PM | Show all posts
Jericho Rosales and Malaysian model Carmen Soo to star in a TV series
ABS-CBN and Malaysian production outfit Double Vision, has signed a contract to co-produce a TV series which will be topbilled by awarded Filipino actor Jericho Rosales and Malaysian superstar and model Carmen Soo.

Jericho and Carmen will begin taping April 30 and will run for two months in sites in both Philippines and Malaysia. The series will be aired on ABS-CBN network later this year. Watch the TV Patrol report on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZE3Q45IgcM

Use magic Report

Post time 16-4-2008 05:54 PM | Show all posts
I thought Carmen is pure Chinese. Looking forward to this drama.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 11:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.103155 second(s), 45 queries .