ADVERTISEMENT

Author: katt

LEE BYUNG HUN 이병헌

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:27 PM | Show all posts

September 10, 2013

Hallyu Stars Earn Attention In Europe And America

by Joan MacDonald KDramaStars.com

The influence of Hallyu stars just keeps growing, with Korean directors, actors and dramas beginning to make inroads into not only Asian but also European and American markets.

Thanks to the increasing international availability of Korean dramas and films, this year may earn Korean actors and directors more attention and praise than ever before.

Director Bong Joon Ho's English language debut film "Snowpiercer," which stars a global cast of Tilda Swinton, Song Kang Ho, Jamie Bell and Ed Harris, has garnered international attention, highlighting his work and also that of other Korean directors.

A review in Variety called the film, "An enormously ambitious, visually stunning and richly satisfying futuristic epic from the gifted Korean genre director Bong Joon Ho."

The names of Korean actors are also becoming better known in Europe and America. Perhaps the best recognized name at the moment is actor Lee Byung Hun, who in the past year has appeared in two Hollywood blockbusters, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "Red 2." He won praise for his acting skills in "Red 2" from co-stars Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren.

Mirren described the Korean superstar as a "brilliant actor with a gorgeous body."

Willis described him as the "Korean Frank Sinatra. He is an action star that is talented in many different fields."

Lee Byung Hun's film "Masquerade" was chosen to be the closing film for this summer's London Korean film festival.

Actress Bae Doo Na has already had a few roles outside Korea but recently she had a starring role as the clone Sonmi 451 in the film "Cloud Atlas." Before that she played a political activist in Park Chan Wook's "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" and an archer in Bong Joon Ho's "The Host." She also played an inflatable sex doll in the Japanese film "Air Doll."

Now actor Choi Min Sik joins the ranks of Korean stars to go international, by appearing in his first non-Korean film. He will act in French director Luc Besson's film "Lucy," which stars Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. Choi, who starred in the film "Old Boy," has been getting international offers since 2003 but this is the first one he accepted.

Singing star BoA made a Hollywood film this year before ever acting in a Korean one. She starred in the dance film "Make Your Move 3D" and will soon be seen in her first kdrama "Expect Dating."

Chinese and Japanese films and dramas have long employed Korean actors. They have filled roles in 20 Chinese dramas in the last decade, with the list of actors including Kim So Eun, Lee Tae Ran and Yoon Si Yoon.

What do you think about Korean stars and directors being recognized internationally? Should they appear in more international productions or stick to Korean films and dramas?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:30 PM | Show all posts

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712 l WAPOP Korea Facebook

WAPOP!! 2013.10.1 OPEN RUN

Published on September 11, 2013 by WAPOP

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:31 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:32 PM | Show all posts

Copied from NescafeKorea Facebook

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:35 PM | Show all posts

September 14, 2013

Lee Byung Hun at Bae Soo Bin's Wedding

Source: Nate ++

Actor Lee Byung Hun attended the wedding of BH Entertainment artiste, Bae Soo Bin on Saturday, September 14. However, he came alone as his wife, actress Lee Min Jung is still tied-up with overseas photoshoot filming in Prague. I remember that BH filmed GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra in Prague 4 years ago. ^^

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:36 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 17-9-2013 01:37 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-9-2013 12:50 PM | Show all posts

September 17, 2013

Best Looking Married Couple of All Time Goes To...(Actor Edition)

Source: KpopStarz.com

I was thinking about good-looking people, aka celebrities in general, and how they all migrate to each other, date, then marry. I was randomly sifting through photos of Jang Dong Gun and his equally beautiful wife actress Ko So Young and it got me thinking of all the gorgeous married couples out there and who reigned as the fairest of all? So let's take a look at the married folks and who the best looking couple might be!

Jang Dong Gun - Ko So Young

Jang Dong Gun is one of my most favorite Korean actors of all time. Ever since I saw his performance in "Tae Guk Ki" I was won over and I still have yet to see a more powerful moving moment in Korean cinematic history than when his character tries to kill his brother, whom he didn't recognize during the war. I could go on and on about his insanely gifted acting talent but we're here to talk about love. He and powerhouse actress Ko So Young first met on the set of "Love Wind Love Song" in 1999 and finally went public with their relationship in 2009 after years of speculation that the two were an item. In March 2010, Mr. Jang announced to the world that he would be marrying his beautiful finance in May of 2010. Look at these two!

Lee Byung Hun - Lee Min Jung

Lee Byung Hun might be one of the most handsome Korean men in the entire country. His chiseled face structure, those gleaming eyes, those perfect set of smackers, and that handsome looking nose. Oh and his wife, actress Lee Min Jung is equally if not more beautiful than he. The couple had a brief romance back in 2006 but due to their busy schedules couldn't keep the relationship going. But the two just couldn't stay away from each other and got hitched last month at the Grand Hyatt Seoul, attracting an ungodly amount of news media, celebrities, and press. These two are one hell of a pretty couple!

Son Tae Young - Kwon Sang Woo

Miss Korea Son Tae Young caught the eye of actor Kwon Sang Woo when he saw her crying on a television program. The former Miss Korea was soon swept away by the charming Mr. Kwon and married in 2008. The drop dead beautiful couple now have a son named Luke together and Son Tae Young is still as stunning as ever and Kwon Sang Woo still has that body.

Han Ga In - Yeon Jung Hoon

The Korean actress with the most perfect nose, skin, and complexion, Han Ga In fell in love and got married back in 2005 with fellow actor Yeon Jung Hoon. The two fell in love on the TV series, "Yellow Handkerchief" and have been riding in cloud 9 ever since. Why is this woman's face so darn perfect?

Who do you think is the best looking married couple from this list?

Source: star.mk

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-9-2013 12:51 PM | Show all posts

September 18, 2013

New Trend of Stars Announcing Weddings Through Social Networking Sites
RECENTLY, STARS LIKE PARK JIN YOUNG, JI SUNG, AND LEE BYUNG HUN TALKED ABOUT THEIR WEDDINGS ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES. IS THIS A NEW TREND?

Source: KpopStarz

Recently, stars like Park Jin Young, Ji Sung, and Lee Byung Hun talked about their weddings on social networking sites. Is this a new trend?

Before, stars would predominantly announce their weddings through agencies, but lately the trend has changed. It seems like they want to be more vocal and direct, so stars are making announcements more personally through handwritten letters and social networking sites.

Singer and producer Park Jin Young announced his wedding on September 16 using this method - through his own social networking site. He wrote, "There is a special person that inspired me to write the song 'You're the One.' She is a non-celebrity woman who is 9 years younger than me. Although we felt something upon first sight, there were some problems because she wanted to lead a normal, non-celebrity life. However after a long time passed, we had a lot of time to talk to each other, and we finally gained the necessary trust and confidence to pursue a relationship. She finally accepted my proposal, and we decided to get married on October 10."

In the same way, Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young also personally announced their wedding. Lee Bo Young uploaded a handwritten letter onto her official fan café, which read, "I'm getting married on September 27. You will congratulate me, won't you? I thought it wouldn't be proper etiquette to reveal our wedding through public news to all the fans that have always loved us, so I decided to let you know here first." Similarly, Ji Sung used the same method to upload onto his own fan café, "I can't explain this trembling heart, and I'm sure it goes the same for anyone that's about to get married, right? Even with these few words I'm so nervous. I had to rewrite so many copies of the same thing because I kept crumpling up the sheets of paper. I am very nervous and excited" and revealed his feelings.

There have been other couples who revealed their feelings through social networking sites after the wedding announcement was made through media. Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung, who got married last month, announced their wedding date back in June. After their wedding announcement was published, Lee Byung Hun wrote on his fan café, "I've crossed paths with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, someone who is my best friend and colleague, Lee Min Jung. We will be getting married on August 10. Following our official announcement, many people were surprised and have even already congratulated us. I'm sure you, my fans, were all surprised at this news, too. However, this won't affect my personal work, and I will continue to produce great projects as the actor Lee Byung Hun" and expressed his feelings about this life event.

Photo credit: Osen

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-9-2013 12:53 PM | Show all posts

Source: star.mk

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-9-2013 01:11 PM | Show all posts

Published on Jul 12, 2013 by JFID

RED 2 - Movie Clip [Convenience Store Fight]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-9-2013 01:16 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-9-2013 01:56 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-9-2013 11:32 AM | Show all posts

September 22, 2013

Lee Byung Hun's wedding ceremony budget revealed

STARN News

Lee Byung Heon's wedding ceremony budget is becoming a hot issue.

September 22nd broadcast of MBC 'Section TV' made a report about Lee Byung Heon and Lee Min Jung's wedding ceremony budget.

A wedding planner told that the place that Lee Byung Heon and Lee Min Jung's wedding ceremony was held costs over 100,000KRW per meal, and the estimated total amount of budget is around 150 million KRW. He also told that the price of Lee Min Jung's wedding dress about the same as that of a premium sedan.

Furthermore, it is said that the wedding hall went through a separate renovation just for their wedding ceremony.

Meanwhile, Lee Byung Heon and Lee Min Jung's wedding ceremony was held on August 10th. /Reporting by Kim Ji-Yi en@starnnews.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-9-2013 11:33 AM | Show all posts

Thanks to Bella Leiva in Singapore via twitter

2013.09.29 International Coffee Day

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-9-2013 11:35 AM | Show all posts

September 23, 2013

Newlywed bride Lee Min jung visits Prague, the Czech Republic

BNTNews

[by Cho Suyoun] The envy of Korean women, Lee Min jung returned to the public through fashion pictorials taken in Prague.

In August, the wedding of a super couple, Lee Byung hun-Lee Min jung was finally held in Seoul, Korea. Since this couple has been favored by many Korean fans, the attention toward the wedding was enormous as well. After the ceremony, Lee Byung hun returned to shooting a new film and Lee Min jung stayed quietly without any official work.

Today, she has unveiled some of the pictorial cuts that were taken in Prague in the Czech Republic. As a sweet newlywed bride, Lee expressed romantic bohemian look and showed off her alluring charms. It is known that this shooting with magazine Cosmopolitan is the first official photo shoot that Lee had after the wedding.

More photo cuts of Lee Min jung in Prague are available in October issue of Cosmopolitan and its official website. (photo by Cosmopolitan)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-9-2013 12:38 PM | Show all posts

August 18, 2013

How much appearance payment do film stars get?

by hufsba13 Editor KOFAN.com l Korean article at Nate l 2012 Korean article

Fans are always curious about how much money the major film stars receive for appearing in the movie.

This record is from 2012 and was revealed through SBS entertainment news program ‘Hanbam TV Entertainment’.

₩600,000,000 ($539,000) – Lee Byung-hun, Kim Yoon-suk, Jang Dong-gun, Won-bin
₩500,000,000 – Choi Min-sik, Ha Jung-woo, Kim Myung-min, Ha Ji-won
₩400,000,000 – Hwang Jung-min, Kim Hye-soo, Cha Tae-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun, Lee Bum-soo, Park Hae-il, Son Ye-jin, Go Hyun-jung, Im Soo-jung, Soo-ae
₩300,000,000 – Lee Min-jung, Lee Na-young, Uhm Jung-hwa

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-9-2013 09:03 PM | Show all posts

WEEKEND WATCH ON TV9

Source: NST l TV9

The Good, The Bad, The Weird (TV9 Saranghae, 10pm / Sept 29)

The story of two outlaws and a bounty hunter in 1940s Manchuria, and their bid to get hold of a treasure map while being pursued by the Japanese army and Chinese bandits. Starring Song Kang-Ho, Lee Byung-Hun, Jung Woo-Sung and Yoon Je-Moon.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 03:42 PM | Show all posts

September 26, 2013

Lee Byung Hun Arrived in Hong Kong for Franck Muller Anniversary

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-9-2013 01:12 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

8-5-2024 07:41 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.383081 second(s), 41 queries .