CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3574|Reply: 9

...Strawberry Kids vs Gucci Syndrome...

[Copy link]
Post time 21-9-2012 02:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Kalau dulu heboh dengan Gucci Syndrome= terlalu taksub kena branded item, sekarang ada sindrom baru lak = Strawberry.

China's lazy 'Strawberry Kids' blamed on weak parents

China's "Strawberry Generation" of young adults has been blamed on parents who are far too lenient and overindulgent of their children's every whim and fancy to the point of spoiling them.

The term references the sweet looking fruit that's sometimes sour on the inside, and the label has been slapped on kids born after 1980. These "strawberry cupcakes" are also deemed too lazy to do any work hard and too weak to deal with the realities of life in the real world.

Several recent incidents have been making the rounds on China's social media sites. Last month, a boy threatened to kill himself by lying in the middle of a busy street if his dad refused to get him a car. Another slapped his mother in public for presenting him with a fake iPhone.

One girl screamed at her mum in public and reduced her to tears when her mum couldn't afford to pay for her iPhone, her iPad and her MacBook. And another threatened her parents that she would drop out of university if they wouldn't get her an iPhone.

In the case of 21-year-old Xu and his traffic-stopping stunt in Chongqing City, he had demanded a 150,000 yuan (RM75,000) car from his 50-year-old dad who runs a scaffolding business. The car, he said, was one of the requirements put forth by his fiancée's family in order for them to get married.

He had tried that trick before and twisted his dad's arm into giving him a 3,000 yuan computer, neighbours said. However, when his dad turned him down for the car, Xu dashed to the street and planked himself on the road. His dad was forced to promise to take a loan and deliver the car at the end of year.

Days later, however, Xu again demanded for the car but now he wanted it right away. When his dad said no, Xu attacked the family van with a fire extinguisher and smashed all its windows. He then laid down on Pan Long Road again—but this time motorists called the cops and they came to haul him off.

iPhone envy has also caused these "strawberry kids" to humiliate their parents in public. One man in Longkou City of Shandong Province slapped his mother twice after she—a fruit seller—tried to pacify him with an imitation phone in the middle of his shopping. Embarrassed by her, he smashed the phone to the ground and slapped her in front of other customers.

Girls haven't been spared from the "Strawberry Generation" phenomenon. One university freshman from Beijing yelled at her mum in the middle of a store when she was unable to pay for her daughter's iPhone, iPad and MacBook, which totalled over 20,000 yuan. "You don't buy for me, let me lose face in university!" she screamed at her weeping mum.

Another girl threatened to drop out of Huazhong Normal University if her parents didn't get her an iPhone on top of settling her tuition fees. "I won't study here if you don't buy [the phone] since you've paid for everything!" she yelled in the middle of the Hankou campus.

After an hour of talking down by her parents and university lecturers, she was finally persuaded to take the latest model from another brand, even though it was cheaper than the Apple.

Source: Chongqing Times; Xinhua

Published: 12th September 2012 Last edited by seribulan on 21-9-2012 01:07 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-9-2012 02:45 PM | Show all posts
nak ipon rompak ajalah

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2014 10:09 AM | Show all posts
hayooooooo ...............

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2014 10:09 AM | Show all posts
aku nak cucu aku jadi tempoyak generation.... tahan di lenyek.. tahan di tumbuh .. tahan di tumis... dan yg pasti kekal yummmmyyyy..........

tak de ke bijak pandai nak announce new syndrome nih?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-10-2017 09:21 AM | Show all posts
Budak-budak yang tidak pernah bersyukur, tidak menghormati ibu-bapa, tidak ada agama

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2017 01:08 PM | Show all posts
baru ja baca pasal ibu bapa kini menanggung anak2 smpai mati kot kat ohmedia...selalu ngaku xd duit nk kirim fmily sbb kos sara hdup tinggi..klua myvi bru terus gedik2 mnta duit kat mak pak.. klo ak mmg ak tmbak dh,.. xsdar dek untung..hidup mnyusahkan mak pak! anak sedara ak mngada pn ak bg sedas bg sdaq diri jgn nak ngada!! biarpn ak ni umuq boleh masuk generasi strawberry ni  lahir after 1981..tp nsb la didikan mak ayah ak elok...xjd lembik cm strawbwery!!!hahhaha..  btoi la.. kdg2 ibu bapa ni penentu sikap anak.. klo kcik2 manjakan n over protective.. cikgu bg sikit pn saman..mmg la wjud bdak2 gn... manja keliyek!! xleh tahan benda...haishhhhh....mohon jau ktrunan ak menjadi sebbgini rupa

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-11-2017 09:25 PM | Show all posts
Kat Malaysia nie pun dah ada syndrom mcm nie, cuma x ketara sgt. Sebenarya yg paling penting didikan agama. Kalau ada iman di dada, Insya Allah benda2 mcm nie x kena kat anak2

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2017 11:11 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by anikarma at 29-11-2017 11:15 AM

Salah mak bapak jugak....bila dapat durian runtuh duit berkepuk-kepuk...semua benda belikan...apa anak nak Sumer dapat....tu yg tak reti berdikari....reason Tak nak anak rasa susah macam Dorang rasa dulu....tu yg dah jadi strawberi...kalau manis takper tapi masam busuk kat dlm....tu yg bila pergi oversea perangai terbawak2... Nak apa main ambik jer....biler kena tegur mula lah herdik org tak tentu pasal... tengking2 tanya asal tak boleh....last kalau kena warning atau polis dah involve ....mula la tayang berapa ko nak...aku bayar....very the annoying...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-11-2017 11:21 AM | Show all posts
salah ibu bapa terlalu manjakan anak atau salah anak itu sendiri??

i think tak salah manjakan anak. tapi biar berpada-pada. contoh, when we say no, please stick to no. biarlah dia akan nangis ke apa ke. try divert attention dia kepada benda lain. as myself sendiri, if anak nak beli apa-apa especially mainan atau food, i will ask her to choose, and she only can have either one only. and bila i cakap no. means no. selalu nya drama nangis teriak akan berlaku di hadapan kaunter.

and please, apa yang membuatkan kita makin bimbang, bila cikgu sekolah sendiri dah tak boleh nak tegur anak kita. i rasa apa yang buat i jd manusia sekarang, kegarangan serta cubitan mak i dan kegarangan cikgu zaman sekolah2 i. secara logik nya. cikgu2 takkan marah kalau bukan anak kita yng buat hal.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2017 04:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Seriously  kita melahir kan anak yg sedemikian,  ingat cerita anak ku sazali?
Contoh,  seorg ibu rela buat semua kerja ketika anak masih kecil agar rumah tak bersepah dan membiarkan anak yg mengacau n nak menolong kita tadi agar kita tak buat kerja dua kali.
Bila besar anak biarkan kita buat kerja itu sendirian n jadi lah anak kita pemalas nak bantu org tua atas dasar mak akan buat semua kerja
Bila dari kecik kita biasa jerit kat anak then bila sudah besar jeritan itu seumpama musik
Nauzubillahminzalik

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 06:59 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.311868 second(s), 45 queries .