Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 11-3-2013 11:57 PM | Show all posts
Hidaka Toru’s new band THE STARBEMS to release their 1st single

Hidaka Toru’s new band THE STARBEMS will be releasing their 1st single, “FUTURE PRIMITIVE e.p.“, on April 10th.

THE STARBEMS is a 6-member band comprised of Hidaka Toru (Vo), Koshikawa Kazuma (G / ex. Kegawa no Maries), Kikuchi Atsushi (G / Fed MUSIC), Goto Yusuke (G / LOCAL SOUND STYLE), Terao Junpei (B / Wild Mild), and Kochi Hiroaki (Dr / ex. SHENKEY GUNS).

“FUTURE PRIMITIVE e.p.” will be sold as a one-coin single for 500 yen (~$5.40 USD). It will contain a total of 3 tracks including original numbers “The Crackin’” and “No Reaction” as well as the band version of “Talkin’ ’bout Lifetime“, which is the soundtrack song to Hidaka’s manga ‘Rockafeller Skank‘.

THE STARBEMS will participate in the live event ‘PUNKSPRING 2013‘ at Nagoya and Tokyo in late-March. The single will also be sold at these venues.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... e-their-1st-single/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 01:30 AM | Show all posts
Hirosue Ryoko & Eikura Nana to make guest appearance on upcoming ‘Legal High’ special drama

On February 28, it was revealed that actresses Eikura Nana (25) and Hirosue Ryoko (32) will make a guest appearance on Fuji TV’s special episode of “Legal High,” which will be broadcast on April 13.

Broadcast as a serial drama last April, this special episode of the comedic law drama will reunite actor Sakai Masato, who plays the role of a genius lawyer protagonist, and Aragaki Yui (24), who plays the hot-blooded and stubborn rookie lawyer heroine.

The theme of the special episode will be bullying in middle school.  It will focus on the proceedings between the protagonist, who will represent a bullied student, and the school’s lawyer (played by Kitaouji Kinya), who will try to protect the school’s reputation.  Eikura will play the hot-blooded teacher who holds the important key to the bullying problem, while Hirosue will play the cool presiding judge who hands down the verdict during the climax of the episode.

Both are fans of the series and Eikura expressed her gratefulness towards being chosen to appear in the episode with, “Sakai and Aragaki welcomed me warmly, which relieved me of the pain I had in my stomach until yesterday due to nervousness.”  Hirosue, who is playing a judge for the first time ever, appealed for team work with, “Sakai is perfect as Komikado.  Aragaki always does her best and is cute!”  Sakai, who faces the two beautiful ladies in the drama, added, “The special would not be complete without these two magnificent actresses.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... high-special-drama/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 01:38 AM | Show all posts
Tsutsumi Shinichi announces his marriage

On March 1, actor Tsutsumi Shinichi (48) announced through his agency’ official site that he has married a 32-year-old non-celebrity woman.

Below is the comment from Tsutsumi.

===

Announcement of marriage

I, Tsutsumi Shinichi, have registered my marriage today on March 1st.

The partner is a 32-year-old ordinary woman, and we met each other about 4 years ago. We took our time and waited for the right moment, and now, registered our marriage.

Since both herself and her family are ordinary people, I would like to refrain from revealing details, such as her name or photo.

Also, since this is a private matter, I ask for your kind understanding that I will not hold any press conference.

Currently, I’m practicing for the upcoming stage play ‘Ima Hitotabi no Shura’ that will open in April 5th. As I got a new surrounding of ‘family’, I will increases the powers of concentration more than before, and strive for work.

I will greatly appreciate your further guidance and encouragement.

March 1, 2013

Tsutsumi Shinichi

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... unces-his-marriage/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 01:40 AM | Show all posts
Sexy Zone’s Nakajima Kento to star in NTV’ late-night drama ‘BAD BOYS J’

Idol group Sexy Zone member Nakajima Kento will be starring in NTV’s upcoming serial drama “BAD BOYS J” that will begin airing in April. This will mark Nakajima’s first starring drama.

“BAD BOYS J” is based on Tanaka Hiroshi’s manga “BADBOYS” that has been adapted into a live-action movie previously in 2011. The story is set in Hiroshima where powerful delinquent groups are crowded together, and it depicts the intense youth of the delinquents.

In the drama, Nakajima will play as the leader of a delinquent group “Gokurakuchou”, named “Kiriki Tsukasa”. He has a strong sense of justice, and honest person, but once he loses his temper, he exerts unbelievable strength.

Also, Kis-My-Ft2′ Nikaido Takashi will be making an appearance as “Danno Hidenori”, the leader of the top group of gangs in Hiroshima, called “Beast” while A.B.C-Z‘ Hashimoto Ryosuke will play as “Hiro”, the leader of “Hiroshima Night’s” that is the opposed group to “Gokurakuchou.” Reportedly, many of Johnny’s Jr. members will appearing in the drama as well.

Nakajima commented, “I think this is some kind of fate to be able to receive a chance like this even though I am still inexperienced in dramas. The role itself will open up new possibilities, so I think this is the best opportunity as the first step of a new challenge for me.” Regarding his co-stars, Nikaido and Hashimoto, he said, “I’ve been friends with Hashimoto-kun since a long time ago, so I think the role of ‘Hiro’ suits him very well. About Nikaido-kun…I would not want to have a fight with him honestly. I’m scared. When we were practicing for a fighting scene, he was very powerful, so he would be the best person to play the role.”

NTV’s late-night drama “BAD BOYS J” is scheduled for broadcast starting on April 6th (every Saturday on 12:50 am).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... t-drama-bad-boys-j/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 01:46 AM | Show all posts
Kurihara Rui to make his acting debut with ‘Zekkyou Gakkyuu’

Popular model Kurihara Rui will be making his acting debut.

His first appearance as an actor will be in upcoming horror movie “Zekkyou Gakkyuu” starring Kawaguchi Haruna.

“Zekkyou Gakkyuu” is based on an ongoing horror comic on “Ribbon” (Shueisha) written by Ishikawa Emi. The live-action adaptation will mainly consist of the stories “Yomi no Shinjitsu” (from the 3rd volume) and “Ningen Rank” (from the 8th volume), and it will depict the evilness that lies concealed in people’s minds.

Kurihara’s role will be that of the movie’s original character, “Sato Akira”, one of the people who bully the protagonist.

“I was full of anxiousness, since I have almost no experience in acting,” Kurihara said, and continued, “My heart was beating fast in a lot of ways when I read the script. I’m sure it will be the work that is highly praised by the fans of the original manga.”

“Zekkyou Gakkyuu” is set for release sometime this summer.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... th-zekkyou-gakkyuu/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 01:55 AM | Show all posts
Tsukamoto Takashi to star in a serial drama for the first time in about 5 years

It was announced that actor Tsukamoto Takashi will star in a new WOWOW drama “Haitatsu Saretai Watashitachi.”

The drama is written by scenario writer Isshiki Nobuyuki (“Watashi wo Ski ni Tsuretette”), based on his personal experience in overcoming depression. It will be a human comedy that depicts meeting, parting, and revival with love and humor.

Tsukamoto will play the protagonist, a 32-year-old man  ”Sawano”, who loses his job while suffering from depression, and his relationship with his wife and 6-year-old son is not going smoothly either. One day, at a ruin he visits in order to commit suicide, he finds 7 letters which were abandoned 7 years ago. He decides to deliver those letters, making it as the countdown of his life, and gradually, he starts discovering the importance of lives.

His co-stars will include Kuriyama Chiaki and Hasegawa Kyoko. Kuriyama will play a hairdresser who was abandoned by her mother when she was little. She will be the one who Sawano first delivers one of the letters to. Reportedly, there will be a love scene between Kuriyama and Tsukamoto. Meanwhile, Hasegawa will play Sawano’s wife.

This will mark Tsukamoto’s first starring serial drama in about 5 years since his last one, “Kansa Hojin” (NHK: June in 2008).

In the drama, Tsukamoto will play a man who is married and has a child, but in a real life, he is also the father of 2 children. “If I didn’t marry at the age of 25, and didn’t have 2 children, I would not have been able to play the role in the way I did.” Tsukamoto said.

WOWOW drama “Haitatsu Saretai Watashitachi” will start airing on May 12th (total 5 episodes).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... e-in-about-5-years/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 17-3-2013 01:57 AM | Show all posts
Osamu Tezuka’s 3 biggest works celebrated in collector’s stamp sets
ENTERTAINMENT MAR. 04, 2013 - 06:32AM JST ( 4 )

TOKYO —
Like collecting comics? Like collecting stamps? If you happen to like both, then just try keeping your hoarding urges in check for this news.

Japan Post will be releasing three sets of stamps honoring the works of manga and anime legend Osamu Tezuka. The sets celebrate the 40th, 50th, and 60th anniversaries of three of his biggest successes.

Fifty years ago saw the first episode of the “Tetsuwan Atomu” animated series broadcast in Japan. The adventures of that superhuman android came to be known as “Astro Boy” abroad. Whether it was life imitating art or art imitating life, this series predated Japan’s rise to international fame in both robotics and animation by decades.

Ten years before that, in 1953, following the success of the Astro Boy manga, Tezuka created “Ribon No Kishi.” It was a fantasy adventure comic geared more toward a young female audience and found great success influencing much of the current crop of talented women artists. “Ribon No Kishi” was also released overseas by a variety of names including “Princess Knight.”

Finally, in 1973 Tezuka began his “Black Jack” manga series which blended the cute atmosphere of his previous works with the often dark and grotesque nature of medicine, creating a truly legendary series.

Each individual set will cost 3,150 yen and includes a set of stamps with a display case, paper, envelopes, stickers and postcards all specially illustrated with the particular series’ characters.

If you can’t decide which one to get, why not get all three? The premium set is also available for 8,650 yen which includes a special original letter-size postcard featuring characters from all three series. For a country that seldom does bulk deals it’s a pretty good price.

Orders can be placed until April 30 at any post office or until May 6 online at the Japan Post shop. The sets will be delivered one after the other beginning June 3.

Source: http://www.japantoday.com/catego ... llectors-stamp-sets

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:01 AM | Show all posts
AKB48′ Nakaya Sayaka to graduate from the group

AKB48 member Nakaya Sayaka announced during a recent performance at the AKB48 theater that she would be graduating from the group after the upcoming theater performance on March 6.

The reason for her graduation is because she wants to pursue her dream to become a voice actress. Nakaya joined AKB48 back in 2006 as a third generation member, and she was in team K.

She also announced the graduation on her official blog, and below is what she wrote.

=====

Today on March 2nd, I announced the following during the theater performance…

I, Nakaya Sayaka, will be graduating from AKB48 after the theater performance on March 6.

I’m really sorry for this sudden announcement.

I’ve been thinking about graduation since I was ranked in the general election… no, actually, since long before that.

However, it was just so much fun to work with the members, and I was just happy to see your smiles.

Honestly, I was too dependent on this comfortable environment.

But, I have finally found something that made me determine to graduate. It is a Seiyuu audition for my favorite anime.

There is no guarantee for me to get the part, but that’s something I really want to try. I wanted to do it even if I had to abandon this favorable environment.

Not only AKB48, but I will also leave my agency Mousa. That’s because there is a qualification for the audition that you should not belong to any agency.

I’m sorry for the sudden announcement. This will be me starting over from scratch, but I’m sure I can hang in there, because of what I’ve done up until now.

Please continue to support Nakaya Sayaka from here on.

Nakaya Sayaka

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... ate-from-the-group/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:02 AM | Show all posts
Kikkawa You to release her 2nd original album ‘Two YOU’ in April

Kikkawa You’s 2nd original album titled ‘Two YOU‘ is scheduled to be released on April 24th.

It’s been about a year and 3 months since her 1st album ‘One for YOU!‘. The 2nd album will consist of 12 tracks, including the singles that were released after the 1st album, and 5 new songs. The album will also include an acoustic versions of her debut single “Kikkake wa YOU!” and its coupling track “Sayonara Namida.”

The limited edition of the album will include a DVD. The DVD will contain the footage from a live event “KikkaFes 6 ~The Request Hour~” which was held back in January. The group will also release a regular edition.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... m-two-you-in-april/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:05 AM | Show all posts
ZONE members to end their activities in April and go their separate ways

On March 2nd, ZONE’s MAIKO posted a comment onto RunTime Music Entertainment’s official website. She announced that she would be putting an end to ZONE’s activities after a live concert on April 7th.

Last month, RunTime Music Entertainment dissolved their exclusive contract with MIYU due to her “conspicuous immoral conduct and frequent non-fulfillment of duties “. In response, MAIKO revealed her mixed feelings saying, “Everyday I was perplexed.” She continued, “As a member of ZONE, I thought about how I could carry out further activities. In result, I decided to put an end to ZONE with my own hands.”

“During the event on April 7th, I want to put an end to ZONE’s band period by savoring one song at a time with the people who have supported us and turn everything into memories.”

The event on April 7th at Shibuya O-EAST will be called ‘ZONE FINAL EVENT‘. Tickets will go on sale on March 23rd.

ZONE made their CD debut back in 2001 and disbanded in April of 2005. They made a comeback later in 2011 and became a duo with MAIKO and MIYU as of November that same year.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... heir-separate-ways/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:07 AM | Show all posts
Hello! Project announces the formation of 3 new units

On March 2nd, Hello! Project announced the formation of three new units during the event “Forest For Rest ~SATOYAMA e Ikou~” held at Pacifico Yokohama. Tsuruno Takeshi, Hayashi Maya, Yaguchi Mari, Fujimoto Miki, and Hello! Project members, including Morning Musume, attended the event.

http://static.tokyohive.com/wp-c ... /03/201332_hp1.jpeg

The three units are as follows:

“Dia Lady” with members Sugaya Risako (from Berryz Kobo) and Suzuki Airi (from ℃-ute).

“Mellow Quad” consisting of Tokunaga Chinami & Natsuyaki Miyabi (from Berryz Kobo), Yajima Maimi & Okai Chisato (from ℃-ute).

“Plumeria“, a five member team made up of Nakajima Saki & Hagiwara Mai (from ℃-ute), Fukuda Kanon (S/mileage), Ikuta Erina & Ishida Ayumi (from Morning Musume).

Another announcement also marked the launching of the “SATOUMI movement“, which aims to introduce the importance of the ’satoumi’, a coastal zone where humans have positively shaped the biological productivity and diversity of the area.

Just like “Peaberry” (Wada Ayaka from S/mileage, and Sayashi Riho from Morning Musume), “GREEN FIELDS” (Shimizu Saki from Berryz Kobo, Mitsui Aika, and Miyazaki Yuka), “Harvest” (Ikuta Erina, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki from Morning Musume, and Takeuchi Akari from S/mileage) and “DIY♡” (Tokunaga Chinami, Natsuyaki Miyabi from Berryz Kobo, Yajima Maimi and Nakajima Saki from ℃-ute, and Iikubo Haruna from Morning Musume) that are part of the ‘SATOYAMA movement‘, these new units will also be a part of “SATOUMI movement.”

The ‘SATOYAMA movement’ seeks to re-introduce and recognize the importance of ‘Satoyama’ values, the middle ground between urban life and the countryside where people and nature live in beauty and harmony. The movement encourages the young people of Japan to realize the importance of this ecosystem.

The “Forest For Rest ~SATOYAMA e Ikou~” event will be held until on the 3rd.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... ion-of-3-new-units/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:08 AM | Show all posts
SKE48 announces concert at Nippon Gaishi Hall

SKE48 will be holding a concert called ‘SKE48 Haru Con 2013: Kawaranai Koto. Nakama na Koto.‘ on April 13th and 14th at Nippon Gaishi Hall! The event was announced on March 3rd by SKE48 Theater Manager Shiba Tomoya during the group’s handshake event for their 11th single, “Choco no Dorei“, at Marine Messe in Fukuoka.

The upcoming concerts will be the last stage for Kuwabara Mizuki, Takada Shiori, Hiramatsu Kanako, Yagami Kumi, Akaeda Ririna, Ogiso Shiori, Ueno Kasumi, Hara Minami and Kobayashi Emiri, who announced their graduation back in January. It will feature appearances by a total of 83 members including the 20 6th generation members who recently joined the group.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... nippon-gaishi-hall/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:09 AM | Show all posts
NICO Touches the Walls to sing new opening theme for ‘NARUTO Shippuden’

It’s been revealed that NICO Touches the Walls‘ new song, “Niwaka Ame ni mo Makezu“, has been picked up as the new opening theme for TV Tokyo’s anime, ‘NARUTO Shippuden‘. The song will air starting with its April 4th episode.

“Niwaka Ame ni mo Makezu” is described as a rock tune that will liven up festivals and live concerts. This will be NICO Touches the Walls’ second time to provide the opening theme for ‘NARUTO Shippuden’. More details on the new song will be revealed later.

Meanwhile, the new ending theme for ‘NARUTO Shippuden’ will be DISH//’s major debut song, “I Can Hear“. This will be released sometime in June.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... r-naruto-shippuden/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:10 AM | Show all posts
DISH// to make their major debut + sing ‘NARUTO’ ending theme song

Four-member dance rock “air” band DISH//, considered little brother to Momoiro Clover Z, will be making their major debut in June from Sony Music Records. The announcement was made during the live event held at Divercity Tokyo on March 3rd.

DISH// consists of TAKUMI (Vo./Gt), MASAKI (Chorus/Gt), RYUJI (RAP/Ba), and To-i (Frying Dish/RAP/DJ), and they made their indie debut with “It’s alright” back in June 2012. They are known for throwing paper plates during live performances.

Their major label debut single is called “I Can Hear” (to be released in June). It was also announced that “I Can Hear” will serve as the ending theme song for anime “NARUTO -Shippuden-” starting in April.

The members are able to play musical instruments, but currently, they are active as an “air” band just like Golden Bomber. TAKUMI mentioned about Golden Bomber saying, “The way they (=Golden Bomber) liven up the audience is an object of study for us.” To-i also showed a sense of rivalry toward Momoclo, “They are our senior, but it doesn’t mean we will stay below them forever. Someday, I would like to surpass them.”

According to DISH//, their goal is to perform at Nippon Budokan. They are planning to play instruments there when they implement the goal.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... -ending-theme-song/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:10 AM | Show all posts
Nishikawa Takanori & Nanao end their relationship

On March 3rd, model/talento Nanao (24) confirmed that she has ended her relationship with singer T.M. Revolution, also known as Nishikawa Takanori (42).

During this day’s broadcast of TBS‘ ‘Sunday Japon‘, Nanao’s agency revealed, “We have been informed (by Nanao herself) that they have broken up.”

Reportedly, the two were always fighting due to their differences and busy schedules. They put an end to their relationship when Nanao stormed out of Nishikawa’s home in early-February.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... their-relationship/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:11 AM | Show all posts
Total number of copies sold for AKB48′ singles reaches 20 million

When including the sales from Oricon’s latest weekly single ranking, the total number of copies sold for AKB48’s singles has reached 20,000,000.

Since their indie debut single “Sakura no Hanabira tachi“, which was released in February 2006, it has taken 7 years and a month for them to accomplish this, and it is the fastest record to reach 20 million copies for singles. With this result, they have surpassed Mr.Children’s record of 8 years.

Other artists who have reached the 20 million copies sold mark with singles include B’z (in 1997), Southern All Stars (in 2000), Mr.Children (in 2000), SMAP (in 2005), and Hamasaki Ayumi (in 2006). Thus, AKB48 is the first female group to achieve it.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... reaches-20-million/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 02:12 AM | Show all posts
SMAP tops Oricon weekly single ranking with ‘Mistake!/Battery’

Popular group SMAP’s 49th single “Mistake!/Battery” (released on February 27th) sold 162,000 copies in the first week, and topped Oricon weekly single ranking for the week of March 11th.

This marks SMAP’ 16th consecutive chart topping single (and 27th single in total) since “freebird” (released in May 2002), and also the 49th consecutive single to be ranked in TOP 10 since their debut single “Can’t Stop!!-Loving-” (released in September 1991). With this single, they have renewed their own record for “number of consecutive singles ranked in TOP10″ and “total number of works ranked in TOP10″ (for male artist).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... ith-mistakebattery/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 09:52 AM | Show all posts
Are Nagasawa Masami & Iseya Yusuke in a relationship?

Iseya Yusuke and Nagasawa Masami together at the '54th Blue Ribbon Awards' (January 14th, 2012)
On March 4th, the daily newspaper Sports Hochi became the first media outlet to report on a possible relationship between actress Nagasawa Masami (25) and actor Iseya Yusuke (36). Many other newspapers and tabloids have also covered the story on the 5th and printed the first reactions from the actors’ respective agencies.

According to Sports Hochi, the two actors have become closer during the filming for Fuji TV special drama ‘Onna Nobunaga‘, which is slated to finally air in April after a sudden postponement December. The filming was done last summer and therefore it’s believed that they have been dating for at least half a year by now. It must be a difficult long-distance relationship for them at the moment, since Nagasawa has been staying in Taiwan for a drama project since fall. The report says that they have been calling and supporting each other frequently in order to lessen Nagasawa’s anxiety while being abroad.

The first reactions from their agencies on the fifth didn’t quite deny those reports. Nagasawa’s agency refuses to speak on private matters on her behalf and Iseya’s agency doesn’t want to make any comments as long as the person in charge is staying abroad.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... -in-a-relationship/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 10:13 AM | Show all posts
Kawashima Umika to appear in Ono Erena’s upcoming drama

Kawashima Umika will make an appearance on Ono Erena’s starring drama “Tank Top Fighter.”

As announced previously, “Tank Top Fighter” is a suspense action drama that follows college students sisters named “Kai” and “Riku” who become bounty hunters in order to repay 100 million yen (~$1 million USD) supposedly stolen by their father who gets arrested on suspicion of burglary and murder.

In the drama, Ono will play “Kai” and Kawashima will be the older sister “Riku.” “Kai” uses her physical strength by handling mixed martial arts, while “Riku” supports her by collecting information. Kawashima, who claims to be inexperienced with playing intellectual roles, said, “This will be a new challenge for me, so I’m little nervous.” Regarding her role as the older sister of Ono, she commented, “When I first heard about it, I was worried if I would be able to play the role (as Kawashima and Ono are same age). Though I feel a little pressured, I will try my best to be a reliable older sister.”

Other cast members include Dankan (as the sisters’ father), Mitsuya Yoko (as a mysterious female lawyer who involves the sisters in the world of bounty hunters), and Nakamura Aoi (as a classmate).

It was also announced that girls’ unit 9nine, which Kawashima belongs to, will be singing the opening theme song.

“Tank Top Fighter” will be aired in a late-night time slot on TBS/MBS starting in April.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... nas-upcoming-drama/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2013 10:17 AM | Show all posts
NMB48’s 1st album sells 328,000 copies + tops Oricon weekly album ranking

NMB48’s 1st album, “Teppen Tottande!” (released February 27th), has sold 328,000 copies in its first week, and has topped Oricon’s weekly album ranking for March 11th.

With this, NMB48 have become the 2nd female artists to top the charts with both their 1st single and 1st album. This record was previously set by Uchida Yuki back in February 1995. They are also the first female group to achieve this feat.

This is the first time in about 3 months since an original album has sold over 300,000 copies. The last was Mr.Children’s “[(an imitation) blood orange]” (530,000 copies in first week) back in December. For a 1st album, it’s been about a year and 9 months since AKB48’s “Koko ni Ita Koto” (602,000 copies in first week) in June of 2011.

“Teppen Tottande!” contains all title songs from NMB48’s 6 singles including their debut song, “Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shojo” (released July 2011). It also includes the title track, “Teppen Tottande!”, and lead track, “12-gatsu 31-nichi“.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... ekly-album-ranking/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 08:04 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.394308 second(s), 41 queries .