CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2078|Reply: 1

[Tempatan] Ombak laut mengganas di Port Dickson, tragedi kedua dlm masa 2 hari berturut2

[Copy link]
Post time 4-6-2013 09:50 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
cuti sekolah nak mandi-manda happy happy, tapi dah ajalnya disitu. Al-Fatihah kpd mangsa dan kpd keluarga mangsa, bertabahlah.

FATAL WAVES: Boy drowns, cousin missing as family trip turns tragic

PORT DICKSON: A TEENAGER   died,  while another is feared to have drowned at   sea at Pantai 3 in  Telok Kemang  during a family trip here on Saturday.

The incident is the second to hit the tourist spot in two days.

The first was when a part-time boat operator was found drowned a day after he went missing.

In the latest tragedy, cousins Mohamad Khairul Afrizal, 13, and Sofrina Husna Herry, 11, were swimming with other family members at 3.30pm, when a big wave swept them further out to sea.

Sofrina's sister, Nor Humaira, 17, said her screams for help prompted a tour boat operator to dive in and rescue them.

"The waves, however, were too strong.

"He failed to rescue them and returned to get his boat with two friends.

"I saw them returning with Khairul to the shore, but my sister was nowhere to be found."

Khairul was later pronounced dead at Port Dickson Hospital.

Humaira said she did not expect their family trip from Sungai Ramal Baru in Kajang, Selangor, to here would end in tragedy.

"I hope my sister will be found. Despite our feelings now, all we want is for her body to be retrieved."

Fire and Rescue Department enforcement officer Ahmad Nizam Sapaiee said the search operation began at 5pm on the day of the incident, but was halted at 8pm.

"We resumed it today (yesterday) from 7.30am.

"The search operation is carried out with the help of the department's scuba divers," he said, adding that the operation was ongoing.

Port Dickson police chief superintendent Abd Wahab Harun advised visitors to halt swimming activities here for now.

"I will discuss with the relevant departments on issuing an order declaring the sea unsafe for swimming at the moment because of strong waves and wind.

"This is the second drowning case in two consecutive days."

On Saturday afternoon, the body of a 35-year-old part-time boat operator was found 20 hours after he went missing, following an incident which resulted in him and several riders of a banana boat to be thrown into the waters at Pantai Cahaya.

Mohd Syahir Hashim's body was later recovered in the waters near PD Marina, which is about four kilometres from where he was thrown overboard.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-6-2013 09:52 AM | Show all posts
air tgh pasang time tu. jgnlah mandi kalau air pasang nih. pd tu air surut pagi mandi sgtlah.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 08:33 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.123259 second(s), 32 queries .