Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: matz_rockz

kawin kawin corner : any thing pasal kawin

Close [Copy link]
Post time 3-5-2004 09:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 2-5-2004 04:55 PM:
yang old timer macam matz  ..... any tips rumah tangga ?????

to me personally....you people jangan lah marah2 selalu...budak2 kat rumah seldom see me lose my temper...infact no temper at all.... ...

Betul Matz, I so agree with you. Memang mesti ada mutual respect and trust. Give and take. Tak boleh lah satu asik memberi yang lagi satu asik menadah ambik, ambik dan ambik. Lagi satu communication pun penting. Contoh nya, bila makan malam sesama, bercerita about your day to each other. At least kalau yang stress tu, boleh meluah kan perasaan dan yang tak stress, kalau ada experience something funny boleh sesama berketawa. Kalau ada yang tak kena pulak, contohnya berselisih faham ke apa ke, jangan suka simpan2. Its best to talk about it, tapi biarlah dah cool dulu. Jangan menjerit2 tak tentu pasal (especially not in front of the kids).

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-5-2004 12:53 PM | Show all posts

new paper semalam

korang baca newspaper semalam...

makdatok ada this malay-name sounding lady...

nak spend $200K untuk wedding dia... mak datok.... aku ingat sokkabar salah print hehehehe...

There's a hotel in my void deck...
They're regular HDB-dwellers, but their void deck weddings are nothing short of a fairytale dream

By Fawziah Selamat

THEY live in Housing Board flats, so they want a void-deck wedding. But they're also rich, with a budget that can easily cover a lavish hotel ballroom wedding.

The solution? A spectacular void-deck wedding.

Weddings held at void decks cost on average of $10,000 to $20,000, including the food, said wedding planners.

But, with a bigger, ballroom-style budget, a void deck can be transformed.

'Many of my clients are professionals such as doctors and lawyers, but they have parents who want them to hold the wedding near their home, which is usually an HDB flat,' said wedding planner Danny Hanafi, 37, who manages Sace Wedding Planner.

'For the old folks, having a wedding just beneath the flat is convenient and allows them to invite as many people as they want, especially if the event goes on for the whole day.'

PRESSURED BY PARENTS

He recalls one client with a $50,000 budget for the big day, who resisted the idea of having a void-deck wedding, but was pressured by her mother to have one.

'She only wanted to register her marriage, she really didn't want a wedding.

'Her mother, on the other hand, had already drawn up a guest list of 2,000 people,' he said.

'But the bride didn't want her wedding to turn into a circus.

'She wanted a classy and dignified affair which could be held at the void deck beneath their home as the mother desired.'

The bride, a lawyer, drafted a contract for Mr Danny stipulating that the wedding would have only two rows of tables to keep things simple.

'The bride's mother was upset as she felt there was no way two rows could accommodate her guest list. But the bride refused to budge and I had to stick to my contract,' said Mr Danny.

'So on the wedding day itself, it was a case of quickly clearing dishes off the table every time we saw empty plates and ushering those guests to the home so that other guests would have a chance to eat.'

HDB void decks are Mr Danny's forte as most of his clients favour void decks for their large capacity.

'You'd be surprised at how beautiful a void deck can look once the right people are involved and the right materials are used,' he said.

As for hotel ballrooms, they cramp his creative style.

'There's not much I can do to make a person's wedding look different from his/her sister's wedding a decade ago if it's held at a hotel.

'Maybe I can make the floral arrangement look more modern, but that's about it,' he said.  

CHALLENGING

It's the challenge of transplanting glamour into the not so 'atas' (Malay for grand, or snooty) HDB heartland that drives Mr Danny.

He makes no apology for his high prices, citing quality and exclusivity - he claims he does not repeat a particular theme or look - as reasons.

'Just because it's a void-deck or HDB wedding doesn't mean that it has to be cheap,' he said.

Today, more and more of his clients are willing to take the plunge and pay for a lavish HDB wedding.

One of his clients, teacher Fahiza Abdul Bashir, 24, is even prepared to fork out $140,000 for his bill. (See report at right.)

One of Mr Danny's first jobs was for accounts manager Indrawan Matni and Thai environmentalist Orachat Phasook, who held their wedding on a basketball court in 2001.

And it was a grand affair.

A red carpet led up the stairs to a grand, pristine, white marquee.

Inside, the ceiling was lined with glittering chandeliers, and guests were ushered to their candle-lit tables where they feasted off fine dinnerware.

One curious onlooker, manager Francis Wang, 35, who lived in a nearby block told The New Paper then: 'This is the first time I've seen such a grand wedding in the estate. It's like seeing Alkaff Mansion in your estate.'

'The groom wanted a wedding his wife's family would not easily forget,' said Mr Danny, who presented the happy couple with a bill for $40,000.

NOT POPULAR WITH OTHER PLANNERS

Other wedding planners we spoke to who regularly charge more than $10,000 for their services said they rarely handle void-deck weddings.

They preferred planning weddings in hotel ballrooms, outdoor locations such as Alkaff Mansion and Fort Canning, or even exotic locations such as Bali.

The price tag on their services are even more out of this world.

Said Ms Renee Leong, 30, of The Wedding Butler: 'With $20,000, you'll likely get a very basic wedding of between 50 and 100 guests at a hotel ballroom.

'There will also be minimal floral arrangements and no live music.'

Added Ms Leong, who has been in the business for seven years: 'The more the client requires, such as having wall-to-wall decorations, entertainment from overseas and a well-known MC, the higher the tab. So it can even reach the millions.'

A more modest but still lavish outdoor wedding would probably cost around $30,000, said Ms Anna Lim, 34, a wedding consultant for Kriston Catering Solutions.

'That would include a marquee that would be able to fit around 25 tables of guests, fresh flowers, a serving team,' said Ms Lim, who has five years' experience.

'But really, the sky's the limit when it comes to planning weddings. It all depends on how lavish the client wants it to be.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School teacher's $200k big day

SHE'S a primary school teacher and so is her 29-year-old fiance.

They are splurging almost $200,000 on their wedding, to be held later this year.

Of the total, $140,000 will go to the wedding planner she hired to design the wedding, plan the day and pay for the 'props'.

The rest will pay for her bridal clothes, makeup and photography - to be taken in Bali and Australia.

'I'm so embarrassed telling you all this,' said Miss Fahiza Abdul Bashir, 24, as she spilled the beans on her extravagant wedding.

After all, it's not every day that school teachers get to splurge such a huge sum.

But Miss Fahiza has a soft-hearted dad, a coffeeshop owner with deep pockets.

She said: 'My dad told me not to worry about the price. He just told me to pick out what I wanted.

'And it's hard to stop picking when you're faced with so many choices,' said Miss Fahiza, the eldest of four children.

Right now, she's having trouble finding a suitable venue to hold the wedding.

She does not want to hold it in a hotel ballroom, she said, because her wedding dais, which is 2.4m tall and fitted with a fountain and a staircase for the newlyweds to walk up to their seats, is too tall to fit into one.

'It won't really go with the decor found in hotel ballrooms.

'It's more fitting with an outdoors venue,' lamented the nervous bride. WROTE IN TO MP 'We've tried asking our Member of Parliament for help in getting NParks to let us use a part of West Coast park for a week, but so far we've failed,' said Miss Fahiza.

So what will she do if she can't get an outdoor venue?

'My dad told me not to worry. He said he'll handle everything. So I'll leave it to him,' said Miss Fahiza.

And, after the wedding, daddy's little girl will be moving into her parent's house - a terrace house in the West Coast - with her husband.

She said: 'My dad can't bear for me to move out.

'I don't think he ever wants me to move out so I'll be staying put at home.'

:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2004 12:59 PM | Show all posts
kawin sampai nak kena pakai 5 kredit kad...:stp::stp:

Build us a dream forest
Couples go all out to make their fantasies come true - from getting a Rivendell forest to using five credit cards to pay the bills

By Low Ching Ling

IF this couple had their way, they'd tie the knot in Rivendell. Unfortunately for them, the place doesn't exist in the real world.

Rivendell is a forested area where the elves live in J R R Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings (LOTR).

Their next best option: To recreate the scene in a hotel ballroom.

And that's what Mr Fan Chian Jen and Miss Lily Lee are planning.

They were so smitten with the Rivendell set design in the epic movie trilogy that they decided to get hitched in a setting inspired by it.

They will be spending $35,000 for their wedding, about a third of which will be used to pay for the set design.

But the couple, both civil servants who work in the same office insisted they are not LOTR fans. There will be no elves or Hobbits prancing around on their big day on May 30.

Mr Fan, 30, told The New Paper on Sunday: 'We just like the forest setting. It has a very dreamy and mystical feel to it.'

Mr Fan proposed to Miss Lee, 28, while holidaying in Australia last October.

But the couple, who have been dating for 1 1/2 years, did not want their wedding to be a run-of-the-mill affair.

They toyed around with a few ideas like having an overseas wedding.

Then they watched the first LOTR movie, The Fellowship of the Ring, on VCD, and the Elf city Rivendell caught their eye.

Mr Fan recalled: 'We both loved how it looked and felt, so we thought, why not get married in a similar setting?'

Seeing a feature on the making of the film further inspired the couple.

But as recreating the setting was difficult, they hired a wedding planner.

Miss Lee said: 'We wanted the forest/garden feel and the dreamy/misty effect.'

For Mr Jonathan Goh of Wedding Acts, it was not a big problem. He has done several theme weddings in his three years in the business.

The 33-year-old planner briefly watched the Rivendell scenes in LOTR and trawled the Internet for pictures. The couple also bought LOTR picture books for reference.

Mr Goh then picked The Fullerton Singapore for the wedding.

'The building is white and the architecture is neo-classical. It's easier to match the theme we're working on.'

The couple will be holding a solemnisation ceremony and a lunch reception for 120 guests.

The hotel ballroom is slightly bigger than a basketball court.

Much of the Rivendell-inspired setting will be recreated around the stage area where the couple will be saying 'I do', Mr Goh said.

The stage is about one-third the size of a one-room HDB flat. A gazebo with drapes will be built around it.

Mr Goh added: 'We'll be using lots of dry leaves, twigs and branches as well as green moss to decorate wooden panels to create a rustic feel.'

A smoke machine will be used to create a misty, dreamy atmosphere.

Mr Goh said: 'I'll put two floodlights at the top corners of the gazebo so that the light is focused on the centre part of the stage.'

This will be like rays of sunlight shining through the tree crowns in a real forest.

Celtic music, similar to that found on the LOTR soundtrack, will be played in the background.

Mr Fan added: 'We have the sounds of birds chirping and singing.'

They even want to get the smell right.

Mr Goh said: 'I'm thinking of getting a scent named the 'enchanted garden', which the couple are considering. I don't want the food at the back of the ballroom to be overwhelming.'

Guests will be seated on rows of benches in front of the stage as the couple walk down a candlelit aisle.

The cost of the set design is likely to go up to $10,000, bringing the total wedding expenses to about $35,000.

'Usually just the hotel lunch reception will cost only about $20,000,' Mr Goh explained.

The couple do not want guests to think they are LOTR fans, and the wedding invites will not make any reference to the movie.

But Mr Fan said: 'I think they should be able to guess from the design.'

The couple kept the idea under wraps, and had not even told their parents, the best man or bridesmaid.

They were planning to surprise with their dressing too. So they won't be wearing the standard duchess satin dress and dark suit.

Mr Fan will be in a silver outfit made from Shantung silk - for a 'princely feel'.

And Miss Lee's long-sleeved gown, made from 'airy-fairy' chiffon, will be similar to what Princess Arwen wears in LOTR.

The couple did not want to reveal too many details about their outfits, which cost about $4,000. They asked us not to photograph them in their wedding outfits.

Their wedding invite is in the form of a booklet about the size of a personal digital assistant. And one chapter tells the couple's love story.

Mr Goh said: 'It will be scented, and decorated with dried flowers and leaves and Celtic knots.' The cost: About $700 to produce.

The couple have to dig deep into their savings to pay for their lavish wedding, and they don't expect to get so much in presents.

Mr Fan said: 'I don't think we'll collect enough hongbao since we have invited only slightly more than 100 people and it's just a lunch reception. At first, our parents thought we should have just spent the money on a traditional Chinese wedding.'

But they feel it's justified.

As Mr Fan said: 'Getting married is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their dream hongbao

HE had $500 in his bank account. She had almost no savings.

But that did not stop Ben and Amy (not their real names) from throwing a garden wedding party for 200 guests at the five-star Raffles Hotel.

The couple, who had been in a relationship for four years at that time, walked down the aisle in October 2000.

Although it was not a lavish affair, Ben said the wedding expenses came to about $25,000.

But given their financial state, how did the couple foot the bill?

By using five credit cards, Ben said.

The cards were Amy's. She was then working in a bank and earning a monthly salary of close to $3,000.

Ben said he did not hold any credit cards then as he was earning only $1,100 a month doing community work - an income which did not allow him to apply for one.

(Banks require a person to earn a minimum annual income of $30,000 before he or she qualifies to apply for a credit card.)

He requested anonymity when he spoke to The New Paper on Sunday as he did not want too many people to find out he relied on credit cards to pay for his wedding.

He said: 'We extended the credit line of one card to about $20,000. The bank knew we were using it for our wedding.

'Together with the other cards, we had enough to pay for the wedding on credit first.

'It's quite common for couples to extend credit lines to pay for their weddings.'

But most couples would also have a reasonable amount of savings to fall back on.

So how did Ben and Amy, both 29 now, plan to pay the banks back?

'We figured we'd collect enough hongbao,' Ben explained.

'It was rather a calculated risk, but we both agreed to take it.'

The couple, who got to know each other in church, did not ask their parents to help out financially.

The couple tried to save money by planning the wedding themselves.

Ben recalled: 'For example, we did our own photography and bridal car decorations.'

The couple bought their wedding outfits, a simple gown and suit, off the rack for less than $1,500.

But the garden party at the hotel alone cost nearly $20,000, though they did try to keep it modest - with basic decor and a simple lunch reception.

Fortunately for the couple, they did get enough hongbao from their generous guests.

Enough and more. They had an additional $5,000 to $6,000, so they splurged on a honeymoon in Japan and Bali.

And had enough leftover for some new furniture they bought when they moved in with Ben's parents.

And of course, they managed to settle their credit card bills almost immediately after the wedding.

Use magic Report

matz_rockz This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 3-5-2004 02:05 PM | Show all posts
deaf....aku pun terperanjat......$200k untuk nak kawin ???? ni family mesti loaded......

Use magic Report

nixzanna This user has been deleted
Post time 3-5-2004 03:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 3-5-2004 14:05:
deaf....aku pun terperanjat......$200k untuk nak kawin ???? ni family mesti loaded......

$200k itu kalau aku tak nak buat grand cam gitu lebih baik spend on honeymoon atau buat family lagi baik.. yerlah in future beli rumah nak gunakan duit jugak.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2004 03:21 PM | Show all posts
spend duit berlambak untuk wedding...kalau kekal alhamdulillah lah

kalau bercerai-berai?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-5-2004 03:24 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by LoLiPoP at 3-5-2004 15:21:
spend duit berlambak untuk wedding...kalau kekal alhamdulillah lah

kalau bercerai-berai?

Itu jam dia orang ungkit mengunkit:gado:..... pointing each other for the mistakes.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2004 03:37 PM | Show all posts
:setuju: :setuju: :setuju:

time ni yang nampak akan keluar dari mulut "kalau aku tau jadik macam ni, tak payah buang2 $$$ kawin dulu!"

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-5-2004 03:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by LoLiPoP at 3-5-2004 15:37:
:setuju: :setuju: :setuju:

time ni yang nampak akan keluar dari mulut "kalau aku tau jadik macam ni, tak payah buang2 $$$ kawin dulu!"

:setuju::clap::clap::clap::clap: Pandai Loli.... teringat aku dialog cam cerita bujang lapok bila satu family nih ramai anak. Bini dia mintak cerai... suami dia kata "Kalau aku tahu perangai awak cam ni dulu dah lama aku tinggalkan dan tak moh kahwin dengan ko. Aku sanggup berhutang untuk ko kerana ko kata ko sanggup sehidup semati dengan aku."

Use magic Report

puteri81 This user has been deleted
Post time 3-5-2004 06:51 PM | Show all posts
akak2 abg2 ku sekalian boleh tolong kita tak?? boleh eh plz... kat mana cc ade kumpulan kompang/hadrah?? bayar punya pon takper klu free punyer lagi besh.. ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2004 08:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nixzanna at 3-5-2004 03:55 PM:

:setuju::clap::clap::clap::clap: Pandai Loli.... teringat aku dialog cam cerita bujang lapok bila satu family nih ramai anak. Bini dia mintak cerai... suami dia kata "Kalau aku tahu perang ...

yep..aku sokong ni ah......

selalu jadi punca segala2nya, bila ungkit bangkit pasal $$$.....

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2004 08:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by puteri81 at 3-5-2004 06:51 PM:
akak2 abg2 ku sekalian boleh tolong kita tak?? boleh eh plz... kat mana cc ade kumpulan kompang/hadrah?? bayar punya pon takper klu free punyer lagi besh.. ;)

Put, mesti kena bayar punya...

tapi kalo boleh, ko carik someone ko kenal personally recommend...

sorry aku takde contact best2 sekarang.

cuma nak kongsi ngan korang -

ada berapa majlis yang bapak pengantin dah bayar pun wang deposit kat middle man..

middle man ambik duit, janji on that wedding day nanti team kompang datang bla bla bla...

bila wedding day datang, team kompang tak muncul...

telepon2 middle man, henpon dia off....

So, nak buat apa kan, dah kena tipu, kalo kita carik middle man tu buat penjelasan, mintak refund pun tak guna....
pasal majlis once in a lifetime tu dah kena sabotaj teruk2.

So hati2 la...... tak salah aku kes yang aku dengar ni, middleman tu dicontact based on iklan sokkabar...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2004 09:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by puteri81 at 3-5-2004 18:51:

Puteri, nixz tahu sseorang yang main kompang/hadrah grup. Nixz kenal dia nih pasal dia kawan sekerja danl nixz sendiri pernah nampak performance dia dan grup dia semasa di majlis perkahwinan kawan nixz sebanyak 2 kali tapi.... nixz tak nak recomend:agr: pasal dia nih kalau cakap suka bubbles

[ Last edited by nixzanna on 3-5-2004 at 09:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2004 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nixzanna at 2004-5-3 09:07 PM:

Puteri, nixz tahu sseorang yang main kompang/hadrah grup. Nixz kenal dia nih pasal dia kawan sekerja danl nixz sendiri pernah nampak performance dia dan grup dia semasa di majlis perkahwinan ka ...

deaf & nix, thanks 4 ya info... me mukan nak tempah kompang/hadrah. me nak join in the team of kompang/hadrah ni juz 4 leisure je kat mana2 cc. i've check on persatuan mesra nyer website tapi takde kompang/hadrah punyer activity..semer karaoke lah, dance lah, dikir baratlah  etc...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2004 09:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by puteri81 at 4-5-2004 05:30 PM:

deaf & nix, thanks 4 ya info... me mukan nak tempah kompang/hadrah. me nak join in the team of kompang/hadrah ni juz 4 leisure je kat mana2 cc. i've check on persatuan mesra nyer website  ...

la, ingat ko nak booking ;)

ko try telepon People association ke,
atau cc yang banyak aktiviti melayu cam kampung ubi ke, jurong ke.

tak pun, ko pegi mana2 hari minggu orang kawin, ko tengok ah, kalo ko suka team kompang tu punya lagu, ko join on the spot ah...

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2004 10:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by puteri81 at 2004-5-4 05:30 PM:

deaf & nix, thanks 4 ya info... me mukan nak tempah kompang/hadrah. me nak join in the team of kompang/hadrah ni juz 4 leisure je kat mana2 cc. i've check on persatuan mesra nyer website  ...

wakakakakakaka.....lol:lol  mereka berdua ni rabunzzzzzz
maafkan lah akak dan abang mu tu...:bgrin::bgrin::bgrin:

dulu pernah join kat Crawford CC
kat Tampines North CC pon ader gak
Dan Chankat CC
tapi ni tak moh join thru CC tau...kalau nak join
baik thru ahli dia atau pon ketua dia sendiri

like my time dulu, walaupon 30-40 ahli tang buat latihan kat CC tu
CC cuma perlukan 20 nama jer untuk bayar use of room...

hehehe acah jer... actually banyak CC ader kumpulan hadrah/kompang
kalau nak gunakan CC... kena daftar as ahli CClah

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-5-2004 09:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by virgomal at 2004-5-5 10:39 AM:

wakakakakakaka.....lol:lol  mereka berdua ni rabunzzzzzz
maafkan lah akak dan abang mu tu...:bgrin::bgrin::bgrin:

dulu pernah join kat Crawford CC
kat Tampines North CC pon ader gak
Da ...

orait lah kak v...muakkkss. tank u....btw, kak v dah quit ke? knaper?:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2004 10:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by puteri81 at 2004-5-6 09:56 AM:
orait lah kak v...muakkkss. tank u....btw, kak v dah quit ke? knaper?:hmm: .

hehe.. tu sejarah time zaman remaja lagi..
tangan masih kuat hayun tangan ni buat penampar kat kompang :lol
sekarang dah tak larat dah...

[size=-2]psst... pernah jadi naib johan peringkat national ah... bess....:ah:

Use magic Report

matz_rockz This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 6-5-2004 06:01 PM | Show all posts
topic marriage and family life,
masa my wife pregnant,dia tak mengidam apa2...ko orang  jangan ketawa ye...when she was pregnant matz pulak yang nak makan bukan2...matz nak makan buah berangan (i think chestnuts  in english),matz cari ini cari itu.tak tau kenapa.your story pulak ??

Use magic Report

Post time 7-5-2004 09:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 6-5-2004 06:01 PM:
topic marriage and family life,
masa my wife pregnant,dia tak mengidam apa2...ko orang  jangan ketawa ye...when she was pregnant matz pulak yang nak makan bukan2...matz nak makan buah berangan (i  ...

Matz, memang Chic pernah dengar isteri mengandung, suami yang mengidam. Kawan Chic satu, lelaki, mual2 and muntah2. Lepas seminggu dapat tau isteri dia pregnant. Kelakar kan?

Anyways, Chic pun suka buah berangan and suka minum soya bean. Tapi masa pregnant tak boleh termakan atau terminum pun. Macam tak suka sangat. Chic mengidam durian jer...oh and everyday mesti beli freshly squeezed orange juice dari kedai buah. My hubby kata my pregnancy very the expensive. Bayangkan lah, 1 cup of orange juice is at least $2.50. Dalam satu hari Chic mesti minum at least 2 cups. This went on everyday through out my pregnancy....:ah:

[ Last edited by chicsee on 7-5-2004 at 09:32 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 07:56 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060999 second(s), 39 queries .