Gadis_Venus Publish time 29-7-2005 02:44 PM

JIMMY, MINISHA LOVE TALE 'YAHAAN' NEXT WEEK

'Yahaan' is a love story set in violence-ridden Kashmir, starring Jimmy Shergil, Minissha Lamba, Yashpal Sharma and Mukesh Tiwari. Shoojit Sircar has directed it.

After much acclaimed 'Page 3' and 'Bose- The Forgotten Hero', Sahara One Motion Pictures presents 'Yahaan' set in the violence torn Kahsmir Valley. Produced by Red Ice Films, the hero of the movie is Jimmy Shergill and his ladylove is played by Minisha Lamba who makes her debut in the movie. Yashpal Sharma and Mukesh Tiwari ably support them. This is also the first movie directed by ad filmmaker Shoojit Sirkar. The movie will be released on July 29.

On July 21,it was screened for the 7th Osian's -Cinefan Film Fest held at New Delhi for a select audience in the presence of the filmmakers and those who play the lead and supporting roles.

The story is about an eternal theme-love. Indian Army Captain Aman has been assigned to tackle terrorism and bring the misguided youth to the national mainstream. While dealing with the disgruntled and misinformed youth, Adaa, a Kashmir girl, falls in love with him. The innocent girl is beautiful and strong willed. She does not fathom why many young people have taken up arms. She appreciates the valor and courage of Aman for fighting terrorists. But their relationship is not approved by the society. The story unfolds love against all odds and depicts the turmoil they have to undergo for loving each other despite their different socio-economic backgrounds.

Gulzar's lyrics complimenting Shantanu Moitra's music and Sameeruddin's background score are added attraction for the viewers. The music is indeed melodious and soul stirring. Swedish cinematographer Jacob Ihre 's camera has done a wonderful job. He makes the visuals and songs unforgettable.

'Yahaan's album that was released by Gulzar in Mumbai last month has been widely appreciated by the music lovers. It begins with instantly loveable "Poochhe Jo Koi". It is the most beautiful love song sung by Shaan and Sheathe. The bubbly and catchy " Urzu Urzu Durkut" is an amazing blend of Gulzar's lyrical bliss with a haunting chorus line chirpily rendered by Shreya Ghosal. "Mele Chaliyan", another song sung by her, takes moviegoers through a Punjabi wedding. "Ajmer wale Khawaja" and "Kahoon Kaise Sakhi" are really soulful ballads rendered in a qawwali form by Nizami Bandhu.

In a chat, director Shoojit Sircar says, "The execution of my first feature film is something nobody has seen before in India. Many films have been made on Kashmir. But the depiction of Kashmir has so far been far from desired. I have tried to bring out the emotional aspect of the people who live in the picturesque valley." The film has been shot in some parts of Kashmir. After the Defense Ministry approved our visit, we went there for shooting, he adds.

Talking about 'Yahaan', Sandeep Bhargava, COO, Sahara One Motion Pictures, says its story setting and the exquisite narrative of the gripping love story are testimony to our belief in supporting meaningful and content driven cinema in the country. As India's largest Motion pictures studio, Sahara one Motion Pictures has always believed in encouraging new talent and supporting products, which are defined by their content and cinematic excellence.

After the music of the film was released by Gulzar,it has become a rage, especially songs "Poochhe Jo Koi,"Urzoo Doorkut" and "Mele Chaliyaan", he says .

The audience will appreciate the performance of Jimmy Shergill, who has already starred in more than half a dozen Bollywood movies. These include 'Mera Yaar Ki Shaadi..', 'Silsilay', 'Mohbbatein', 'Charas' and 'Yeh Zindagi Hain . In 'Yahaan', he is a dedicated army officer deputed to the Kashmir Valley to tackle terrorism and also a devoted lover. He plays the dual roles with aplomb.

Jimmy Shergil says, " The viewers will see my best performance in 'Yahaan'. I opted for starring in the film as its storyline attracted me. Besides, it contains a universal message for the people. Love between a man and a woman cannot be confined to any geographical barrier."

In a similar chat, pretty Minissha Lamba says, " I had no prior experience in acting. When the role was offered to me, I readily accepted it. I found it as a challenging assignment. I think I have proved that I have the talent." When asked about her future in movies, she quipped, " I am confident that there will be more offers from Bollywood filmmakers for me after they watch my performance in 'Yahaan'.

Jimmy Shergill
http://www.dialbollywood.com/bollywood/actors/jimmy/large/3.jpg

Minisha Lamba
http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/minissha%20lamba/man1v.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 03:33 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 29-7-2005 02:51 PM

THE FIERCE RACE FOR NUMBER ONE POSITION

The race for Number One actress is on in Bollywood. Though Aishwarya Rai is said to be occupying this status at present, others are not far behind to challenge her. Rani Mukherjee tops the list along with Kareena Kapoor and Preity Zinta. But they haven't challenged Aish the way Priyanka Chopra has in the recent past. She is closest to Aish in the race.

Priyanka has snatched four movies from Aish recently No sooner than J.P.Dutta announced to make 'Umnrao Jaan' with Priyanka in the lead role than he also announced the launch of 'Maharani Gayatri Devi' with Aish in the main role. When Aish left for IIFA awards she was the heroine of Rohan Sippy's 'Bluff Master', but on her return she was shocked to find that Priyanka had already replaced her.

Apart from this, even before that Pritish Nandy Communication had decided to award its 'Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam's main role to Aish, but later gave it to Priyanka. A similar fierce competition is on in the case of 'Prithviraj Chauhan' to be produced by Raj Kumar Santoshi and Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi. Since they haven't resumed their shoots so far, they haven't finalized the main cast too.

However, Aish and Priyanka are envying with each other to bag the lead role. Trade pundits do not confine this fierce competition among the actresses to their race for Number One position only. They attribute this to the prevailing insecurity among the actors, besides their image and talent.

They remind us that in the past, the role assigned to Nargis could never be passed on to either Meena Kumari or Madhubala and vice versa. In fact, the actors had no alternatives. So, they couldn't be changed. The game of snatching a movie from one or the other has been continuing for some years now though it has never been so in the distant past. A particular actor was considered for a particular type of role, and any change or replacement was unimaginable.

Did any director change or replace Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor or Dev Anand? No, because a role was written keeping a particular actor in view and that person only fitted that role. Yes, if the actor was unable to do the assigned role, the movie had to be either deferred or shelved. Today every actor can play any role, and boast of not being typecast. They claim to play a variety of roles. Besides, no one can imagine of doing rehearsals. In the past, even topmost actors were ready to do rehearsals. Now, they consider it below their dignity and as a challenge to their skill. Again, this has arisen in the minds of our actors because of an insecurity feeling among them.

Aishwarya Rai
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Ashwarya/Janubaba_46913_aishwarya20rai32v_2UGC.jpg

Rani Mukherjee
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Ranimuk/Janubaba_31083_5_ULQZ.jpg

Kareena Kapoor
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Kareena/Janubaba_47534_27715213b_M16E.jpg

Preity Zinta
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Preity/Janubaba_47097_pritty9_MM8D.jpg

Priyanka Chopra
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Priyanka/Janubaba_45440_priyanka65_JG79.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 03:03 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 29-7-2005 03:24 PM

Vivek Oberoi at Art Exhibition

Vivek Oberoi at art exhibition at Ashish Balram Nagpal's Art gallery on 24th Jul 05. The exhibition at Ashish Balram Nagpal's Art gallery in Juhu, Mumbai saw all paintings in the gallery irrespective of size, medium or artist being sold at a flat price of Rs 11000.

http://images.smashits.com/newspics/3682.JPG

Gadis_Venus Publish time 30-7-2005 12:50 PM

Priyanka says no to Ghai

Though Priyanka Chopra acted in an important role in Subhash Ghai's movie 'Aitraaz' directed by Abbas Mastaan, she declined Subhash Ghai's offer for his new movie. So, Subhash Ghai has signed Mallika Sherawat for the same role. Subhash is hurt and claims that he has made her a star. Since Priyanka is running in the Number One race, she has declined Ghai's offer as the latter's movies are falling flat at the box office.

Priyanka Chopra
http://media.santabanta.com/gallery/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/priyanka%20chopra/priyanka%20chopra31a.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 03:34 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 30-7-2005 12:52 PM

Tusshar quits 'Jawaani Deewani'

Tusshar Kapoor has announced his decision to opt out of Raj Kanwar's movie titled 'Jawaani Deewani'. Tusshar says that he has quit it for dates' problem though the industry circles attribute it to another reason; Tusshar didn't find it good. Despite this, Tusshar claims cordial relations with Raj Kanwar.

http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/TusharKapoor/Janubaba_31759_1476526123_RMX6.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 15-1-2006 02:47 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 30-7-2005 12:56 PM

Jackie Shroff is too happy

Though he has done more than eighty movies yet the recent news has excited Jackie Shroff more than ever. After all, the Rituparno Ghosh' 'Antarmahal, starring him has been selected for Lorarno's film festival beginning from August 10th. " This is a matter of proud privilege for me." The authorities have decided to exhibit it in the international festival as the best movie and Jackie as the best actor. Jackie has acted in it as a big spoilt landlord who ditches his childless wife for a young pretty girl. Jackie's forthcoming movies are director Vidhu Vinod Chopra's 'Yajna' in which he plays a negative role, besides Priyadarshan's 'Kyunki', Tanuja Chandra's 'Runway' and Poonam Sinha's ' Mera Dil Lekar Dekho'.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/img/20050728-2.gif

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 1-8-2005 at 01:13 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 30-7-2005 01:01 PM

MANISHA WISHES HER FANS TO ADMIRE HER TALENT

Bindas Manisha Koirala began her filmi career with showman Subhash Ghai's 'Saudagar' opposite an equally young and fresh face Vivek Mushran. We interviewed both of them at a five star hotel in New Delhi in the presence of Ghai. One couldn't forecast their future. However, Manisha has reached stardom while her male partner is hardly noticed on the screen. Yes, Manu is still active and would soon be seen in different roles. Let's know some facts about her bold and beautiful image and those too in her own words. We met her and asked her about her life's journey.

What about your life's journey?

I am a Nepalese girl belonging to a political family of Nepal. However, I always consider that I am born in India as I started my career and got fame in India. I was brought up and educated here. My father and grandfather also received their education here. Hence, I am very much attached to India.

How do you find the people of India?

I think the people have changed a lot in the recent past. But one has to trust someone. One cannot suspect everyone though one needs to beware oneself against the wrong persons. After all, we have to move ahead in life, so one cannot go on bothering about such persons. One needs to be ready to face reality.

What about having a life partner?

Yes, there comes a time in life when one needs a partner to share one's pains and comforts. I am a woman. I wish to have a husband, children and a family. However, I don't like the family to come in the way of one's career. Many actresses have been very happy and active even after their marriage. After the marriage, one is accountable to husband instead of parents.

What about your first love?

No one forgets one's first love provided it has been the true love and not based on physical attraction. Love is eternal, pure and sacred. One does love someone, and that's the first love. I had been bitten by love when I was studying in eleventh standard. Though he has his own family now, but we haven't forgotten each other.

What are your views on speaking the truth or a lie?

Speaking a lie is the order of the day. Everyone indulges in it, whether at home or outside. I don't mind speaking a lie in case it doesn't heart anyone. However, I don't speak a lie without realizing its consequences. Yes, I don't always speak the truth either, as sometimes too much of honesty proves harmful.

What about your future?

In today's fast life one hardly gets time to think of future. However, while I go to bed I do think over the day's happenings. I try to avoid repeating today's mistakes tomorrow. This is the only way to have a better future.

How do you define success?

Different people define success differently. A heroine's success lies in her freedom to choose her films; she wishes to be able to accept those films she likes and reject others that she doesn't like. However, this is possible only when you reach a status in your profession.

Who are your best friends?

My best friend in the film industry is Dipti Naval. Besides, I have four or five more friends in filmi circles. I consider books my friends too. I have taken several decisions on the basis of the reading of certain books. Sometimes, reading books has solved my problems.

What's your beauty secret?

I know that the people call me beautiful. But it doesn't make me happy. I wish these people admired my talent. That would certainly make me happy. I believe that my parents and God have provided me beautiful face and body. I haven't contributed anything towards it!

http://www.dialindia.com/bollywood/actress/manisha/large/1.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 8-8-2005 at 08:11 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 30-7-2005 01:03 PM

AMITABH SCORES HIGH IN AN AVERAGE FILM

After shaking his hips in 'Bunty And Babli' for son Abhishek's sake, Amitabh Bachchan is back where he left Ravi Chopra's hit film 'Baghbaan'. Amitabh Bachchan this time plays a role that suits him more than singing around Aishwarya Rai on the tunes of Kajrare Kajrare. Still Amitabh Bachchan has so much left in him that is yet to be explored by the stereotype directors of Bollywood (san films like 'Black' and 'Sarkar' made by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Ram Gopal Verma). Amitabh Bachchan's new film 'Viruddh' is a sneak peak into the lives of elderly couples who are living in metros without any one to listen to their grievances.

Director Mahesh Manjrekar also returns to his favorite forte that is to deal with human emotions in the present days' social norms and behaviors. 'Viruddh' does remind you about films of Mahesh Manjrekar like 'Astitva', 'Vaastav' and 'Nidaan' made in the past and it also tells that when a director runs short of creativity, it is best to return to his own forte. Mahesh Manjrekar does the same in 'Viruddh' and if he is not a sure winner then he is not a complete loser to as a filmmaker. 'Viruddh' also marks a comeback for Amitabh Bachchan's home production after a long gap. Moreover, it unites Big B with yesteryears' sweet doll Sharmila Tagore after a gap of 27 years. They had paired on screen in film 'Desh Premee'.

'Viruddh' is the story of a sixty plus couple that has been thrown in such circumstances by destiny that is hard to think of. The calamity comes without any notice and when it strikes a small but a happy family is devastated. The story of 'Viruddh' revolves around Vidyadhar Patwardhan (Amitabh Bachchan). He is a happy retired man who has no qualms and no ambitions left unfulfilled.

Her wife Sumitra (Sharmila Tagore) befits him like a ring in her finger and she is as caring a wife as one would expect one's wife to be. Vidyadhar and Sumitra foresee their future in their son Amar (John Abraham). Amar is a happy go- lucky kind of boy and he has grown up with the values of the Patwardhan family and that's never to bend before injustice. The high values taught to Amar in his childhood land him in a situation where things go wrong and he gets killed Initially, Patwardhan looks shattered.

But, he is not a man of weak knees. He stands up to face the challenges that life has forced on him. He struggles against the prevailing system. The fight, the fear and the future of the Patwardhan family is all that keeps one's interest intact till the end of the film. The fight against the system is not a novel idea in Bollywood films. Similarly, the fight by an elderly couple for justice has also not been new. We witnessed it once in 'Saaransh' and then many years later in 'Dhoop'.

As a director, Mahesh Manjrekar has once again proved that if he is given the liberty to make a film of his own choice, he will always come up with an emotional story like this. Mahesh Manjrekar also proves in 'Viruddh' that it is not the idea that works, but it is the execution of the concept that makes a film click. And, on this parameter 'Viruddh' is not a bad choice to watch. As an entertainer, 'Viruddh' does have its high values. Manjrekar directs Amitabh in a very complex role; a role that only an actor of his caliber can perform on screen.

Patwardhan initially looks like an ordinary man living in your neighborhood. But as the film progresses, the change in the situation and the dilllema that he is thrown in, brings out the real Amitabh Bachchan in front of the camera. Amitabh Bachchan wins hearts of elderly when he talks to his wife Sumi. He clicks a chemistry with the younger lot too when he talks to his son Amar and he makes people sit and watch him when he confronts the world between the bad and the good.

Yash Vinay may have failed in 'Dus' to create a right rhythm in story line but this time in 'Viruddh' they get their lines right and this may be because of the involvement of Manjrekar himself in the story department. Technically too, 'Viruddh' is an above average film. It may not have got backing from music department like 'Baaghban', but it does have some very good camera work (by Vijay Arora) and scene execution. Sanjay Pawar has managed to come with some very good punch line as a dialogue writer. But, the film is a bit lengthy and needs chopping at many places.

As an actor Amitabh Bachchan scores full points and next to him comes none other than Sharmila Tagore. It is nice too see this talented actress make a comeback to cinema. Her absence from the screen has been a loss to cinema. John Abraham and Sanjay Dutt lend good support to the 'Viruddh' team. The film has a plenty of branding but like in Subhash Ghai's 'Yaadein' it goes overboard at many places. To get money from products is good but it harms narration of the story. Sachin Khedekar and Srivallabh Vyas emerge winner in supportive roles. On the whole, 'Viruddh' is an average film and needs strong mouth publicity to tilt the balance in its favor.

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/bollywood%20movies/family/fam6h.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 03:58 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 30-7-2005 01:10 PM

MITHUN & SUSHMITA IN CHINGARI

Mithun and Sushmita to set Screen Ablaze with Chingari.

It may come as a surprise to many, but veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty will be seen in an unusual role in Kalpana Lajmi's latest film "Chingari".

"I am playing Bhagwan Pandit, a priest, a devotee of the Goddess Kali. Bhagwan Pandit plays two different characters, the two shades, positive and negative. On the one hand, he is a devotee, a spiritual leader. On the other hand, he becomes a passionate lover of prostitutes. But whatever he does, he does with conviction," said Chakraborty.Written by noted musician, Bhupen Hazarika, the story is based on an affair between a twenty-five year- old postman "Anuj Sawhney" with sex worker "Basanti", Sushmita Sen who is older than him. Mithun Chakraborty as the priest also loves Basanti and is ready to cross all limits to win her affection. Makers of the film claim that it will throw light on the untouched aspects of the lives of sex workers. Chakraborty, who has essayed many roles in his over two-decade long cinematic career, says he will be selective about the roles he will play in the future.

Mithun Chakraborty
http://movies.123india.com/images/mithun.jpg

Sushmita Sen
http://www.shaadi.com/wedding/celebrities/celebtalk/images/sushmita-sen.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 9-1-2006 03:26 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:27 AM

Preity Zinta - Moody yet Practical

This signature of Preity reveals that she would do anything for her family & would sacrifice her wishes for her family.

She has unnecessary quarrels over petty issues. A bit impulsive & loves to talk. She also loves to talk about herself. She is extremely practical & very secretive. She is short-tempered. She looks up to life everyday. She is full of life. She also has procrastination (things she feels she can do but she knows she can't do). She is very sharp. She is blunt sometimes. She likes doing things in detail. Money and materialistic things are important to her. She is very energetic. She is a very moody person.

Tip:She needs a signature change to remove emotional disturbances & value her life also with her family. She also needs spelling change of her name if not, then at times things will happen the way she wants or everything will go haywire.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal1248.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 24-9-2005 01:53 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:32 AM

Sushmita Sen - Classy, Graceful Well Mannered

The name Sushmita comes to a powerful number but also gives her frustration. Her full name does not come to a good number and that is the reason her final outcomes are not up to the mark. This also relates to all aspects of life. Everybody has heard of her relationships. She is a very ambitious girl but needs a support to succeed. Extremely short-tempered. She has an ego about herself more than her family. But she cares for her family. She is full of energy and has a class in her. A very graceful and well mannered person. She is very cautious of her public image. She starts new things but loses interests while completing it. She believes in God. There is lot of stress in her. A very practical person who has both patterns of thinking i.e. logical and intuitive. She has a habit of rethinking the same thing again. She likes to do things in detail and has a sharp memory. She has a positive approach towards life and looks up to life everyday. Money is very important for her. She loves luxuries.

If you pick her career graph you will see that she has worked with most of the top makers but has never ruled at the top. The reason is that she begins very well because her name comes to a good number but then her endings are not upto mark as the final number is not good.

Suggestions: Sushmita needs spelling change. A lot of changes in her handwriting is required. A very progressive signature is what keeps her going. Whatever she has achieved is due to her signature. This signature will always keep her moving.

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2004/mar/10poster.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:38 AM

Karisma Kapoor - Secrets Revealed

Niraj Mancchanda had met Karisma Kapoor in March 2005 and suggested her spelling change to vibrate it with her husband.

Karisma Kapoor B'day 25 June 1974: I had received a call from Karisma Kapoor 10days before the release of "Bewafaa". She was curious to know the fate of the movie. I told her that it does not vibrate with the Director of the movie. She wanted to meet me as her surname has changed & we met 1st march 2005 after the release of "Bewafaa".

I advised Karisma to change the spelling of her name and to get it vibrated with her husband Sunjay Kapur, it should be "Kareesma S Kapur". I also told her to get her signature changed.

She told me she was getting offers and wanted to know if she would succeed if she made a comeback. I told her she will succeed only in off beat cinema which will create her own market but if she does commercial films she will be a failure. She was curious to know the box office result of her next film "Mere Jeevan Saathi". I told her that it does not vibrate with the director of the film and will be a failure. But people will appreciate her performance as the number vibrates with her.

Karisma's handwriting and signature reveals that she is a very practical girl. She thinks intuitively and logically both ways. She has unnecessary fights with people on petty issues. She is same at her house and out in the world. There is no change of personality. She is mechanical and always wants to do things in detail. She has a very good memory. She likes to do things differently and loves to talk about herself. Her family is very important to her. Money and materialistic things are important. She wants all good things in life.

She is very secretive. She would never do loose talk. She is very sharp and worries a lot. She is not rigid but is self critical. She relies on relied information and does not use her brains.

Suggestions: I have already changed the spelling of her name to "Kareesma S Kapur" and changed her signature and a bit in handwriting.

25/06/1974= 34=3+4=7 This is her destiny number.

Number 7 will always be with her all her life. Eventful or uneventful things will happen.

In 1996=25=2+5=7 she got the biggest hit of her life. Raja Hindustani.
In 2005=2+5=7 Everybody is talking about her divorce.
Whether good or bad events ,it will continue all her life whenever she turns 34,43,52,61,70 and in year 2014, 2023, 2032 and so on.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal70.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:42 AM

Amitabh Bachchan - Super Star, Big B

There is so much to talk about Amitabh Bachchan.

The signature of Amitabh Bachchan tells that he is a self reliant person. He has reached a position today where he is only working for money. He has seen it all. He is an extremely practical person and has a logical thinking. He has full control over his money.

He wants to learn new things and move with time. He values his family a lot. His ego for his family is more than himself. He is a very humorous person too. For him his life and his family both are important. There is a bit of jealousy in him. He is also spiritual.

Tip: His name gives him confusion. According to Pythagorean theory in numerology he needs to change spelling of his name if he wants to remove confusion from himself.

People do not know that Amitabh Bachchan had got his signature changed consulting a graphologist and in three months he got "Kaun Banega Crorepati". It came to number 64 which is outstanding number and his comeback is history.

He is number 2 and his recent films khakee=20 and black=11 gave him huge applause. His next movie sarkar=11 and people will go crazy on his performance.

http://images.smashits.com/reviews/2003/may/28/interview0528_inside2.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2005 04:02 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:45 AM

Shahrukh Khan - Ek Paheli unfolded...

This Signature of Shahrukh Khan reveals that his feelings towards the success of others will always show on his face. He is also very egoistic but that ought to be as its been years he has been very successful.

An extremely emotional person and does everything from his heart. His life is more important to him than his family but family is also important. He is very protective about himself and whom he believes are his friends.

Money is extremely important for him and no one can shell out a rupee of his till he desires to. He is an excellent businessman. He will not have true friends. The people he trusts will ditch him at the last moment. People use him and he is aware about it. He is very critical and very sensitive to criticism. He likes sweet talk and hates blunt people.

He does not depend on others and likes to do things alone. He is also spiritual.

He is number 2. His full name comes to number 42 whcih is an extraordinary number. Films like Dil To Pagal Hai and Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai come to number 42. This number gives huge success and all things happen with help of opposite sex. If you study his career his first superhit film "Deewana" was produced by a lady Shabnam Kapoor. "Deewana" comes to number 27 which is again an outstanding number and Shabnam Kapoor is number 9. Recently "Dhoom"=27 was a big hit produced by Yash Chopra who is a 9.

Shahrukh would get along best with people 2,4,5,7,8. Juhi Chawla is number 4, Kajol is number 5, Karan Johar is number 7 and his wife Gauri is number 8.

SRK works with successful directors and not with producers. Ratan Jain is 5 and Ganesh Jain is number 2 who are the owners of VENUS audio cassettes. They are only producers who have produced 5 films with SRK (Baazigar,Yes Boss,Badshah,Josh and Main Hoon Na).

SRK is lucky as most of his films come to very good numbers. Deewana=27,Darr=9 DDLJ=78, Devdas=23. Main Hoon Na=41 etc.
His next movie Paheli=23 . This vibrates with him and he will make huge profits from it.

Tip for SRK: There are highs and lows in everybody's life. The day there is someone, who happens in a big way SRK will have sleepless nights. It had happened with him when Hrithik Roshan had arrived with Kaho Na Pyaar Hai and he had mentioned in an interview of his.

He should change a particular alphabet in his signature and his handwriting so that in future if any such things happen he will accept things very sportingly.
He also needs to sign his signature differently so that people dont use him and he has true friends.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal2129.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:50 AM

An article On Rani Mukerji.

What Her name, signature and handwriting sample reveal.

"This signature and handwriting sample of Rani reveals that she is a very romantic and self-reliant girl. Money and materialistic things are very important to her. No one dare touch her money.

A very creative person .She is secretive too. She is dominating and likes to do things differently.She prefers to do things single handedly. She likes doing things alone and is a little blunt at times. She also likes to do things in detail. She is a very energetic person. She does not like to look into her past. She has a very positive approach towards life. She also has a healthy ego.

Tip: Rani should change one alphabet to get rid of her short-temperdness. But her signature is very progressive. Rani should use the spelling of her name 'Mukerji'. She needs to add an alphabet in her full name. If she does, her full name will come to laxmi's number.

Her next film is Bunty aur Babli which comes to number 36. As Rani is number 3 and 36=3+6=9 , Her performance will be loved by everybody."

"For Rani her life is more important than family. She would never compromise anything for sake of family"

http://www.rumela.com/albums/rani/rani11.sized.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 11-9-2005 10:09 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:54 AM

SALMAN SCORES A HIT EVEN AMIDST CONTROVERSY

It has never happened before in the history of Indian cinema. This Friday when Salman Khan's latest film 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' reached at the box office, the whole nation is talking about him courtesy the tapes containing his conversation with his lost love Aishwarya Rai. Though authenticity of these tapes is yet to be established, the country is already hooked to the news that Salman Khan used his underworld links to try Aishwarya dance at underworld don Abu Salem's show.

The controversy seems to be helping Salman's new film 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' at the box office that has opened to full houses. However, it's screening in some parts of the country remained disrupted following protests by the saffron brigade. The police advised the theaters in Mumbai not to exhibit the movie at all. However, the prospects of the film look very bright at the box office.

This is Salman's second film during this year after moderate success of 'Lucky-No Time For Love'. With 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya', Salman also teams up with his favorite director David Dhawan with whom he delivered a hit in 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' last year. The David-Salman combo has been a success most of the time since 'Judwa' except for few films like 'Chal Mere Bhai'. 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' also happens to be first film where you get to see Salman with his both brothers-- Sohail and Arbaaz. Salman has worked in 'Auzar' and 'Hello Brother' with Arbaaz, while Sohail has directed big brother in the latter.

'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' is a fun-filled film where the logic has no place. The story revolves around Dr. Samir who is an orthopedic surgeon by profession; he helps people with broken bones but has a broken heart for himself. Actually, Samir is a flirt. He befriends beautiful girls and then breaks relations with them on the plea that he is a married man. This goes on and on. Samir gets all the support from his dedicated and workaholic nurse Naina (Sushmita Sen). Naina not only takes care of his patients but she tries to keep a check on his affairs.

All seems to be going well until Sonia (Kathrina Kaif) enters Samir's life. Samir once again plays the same trick with Sonia. But this time round matters get serious, as Sonia is ready to marry him even if he is already married. However, she insists on meeting his wife first. This tricky situation makes Samir work overtime to save his skin. Once again Naina comes to his help and in the form of a friend Vicky (Arshad Warsi) and fake patient Thapa (Raj Pal Yadav). But this puts Samir's mother (Bina Kak) and also Pyaare Lal (Sohail Khan) who is hell bent on disclosing all the lies that Samir has been telling to Sonia, in trouble.

'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' is a victory for David Dhawan. He has gained back his lost charm at box office once again; first with 'Mujhse Shadi Karogi' and now in 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya'. His love for comedy has paid off and his labor to assemble the right cast has helped him a lot to make 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' sail at the box office smoothly.

After long Rumi Jaffery has been able to write right lines for the right situations, maybe his failure has taught him a lesson. He creates a situational comedy with apt jokes spread over here and there. Besides, David Dhawan has made the right combination of lyricist Sameer and music director Himesh Reshamiya.

Sameer has come up with some very good and soothing lines, equally turned into melodious tunes by Himesh. The pair has been a hit since 'Tere Naam' and songs of 'Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya' show that they can come out with more hits in near future. Two songs of the film 'Just Chill Just Chill' and 'Goriya Dil Se Mila Le Dil' are huge hits.

'Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya' is Salman Khan's film without any doubt. He plays Samir's role to the T. If in 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam', Salman played Samir as an emotional guy, in 'Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya' he shows the other side of a lover boy. Kid brother Sohail Khan equally matches his timing for comedy. In fact, as a comedy actor Sohail is a revelation.

Sohail has done romantic and action films so far, but 'Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya' proves that he can go miles as an actor if he gets good director. Then comes Sushmita Sen who once again plays a pretty doll after 'Main Hoon Na'. She brings a kind of grace and maturity to the story, and with her charm the frames of the film look wonderful. Kathrina Kaif too has shown immense improvement.

She carries on from where she left in 'Sarkar' with Junior B. Two other actors catch the attention of the viewers in the film and they are Arshad and Bina Kak. Arshad has got a right mentor in David Dhawan. David has another in making in Arshad. On the whole, 'Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya' is film of the season, and given the hype that recent tape controversy has created for the film, it will sure be a winner at box office.

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(m)/salman%20khan/sal11v.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 03:37 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:56 AM

Preity had 'no clue' about Salman tapes

Preity Zinta is back in Mumbai after holidaying in Italy, and she says she has just come to know about the Salman Khan tapes.

Preity says she lost her phone while on holiday, and "forget any member of the press, I haven't been able to connect (even) with my family... I have no clue about what is happening here".

She says her brother has since briefed her about Salman's taped conversations in which she figures but she doesn't want to say anything more now.

Preity was allegedly referred to in the most unsavoury language in the tapes, which also refer to Salman's connections with the underworld.

"I really don't know about what's happening down here. But my brother has scared me. He said 'we need to sit down and talk about the situation'. I really can't say anything about the situation until I'm totally apprised of it...

"But I will say one thing. Every time I'm out of Mumbai some big trouble or the other happens. I guess I need to be in Mumbai for longer periods."

Preity says she'll speak about the subject very shortly.

She says because of her phone getting lost, she wasn't connected with anyone. "I lost my phone and was completely out of touch with everyone back home. I've no clue about what's happening here.

"All I know is I landed here in Mumbai and I came to know that I had became an aunt... Yes, my brother Inder has become a father and I'm very, very excited!

"Not even my mom could call me. I lost all my numbers. But in a way I'm glad. Considering what awaited me back home," she added with a mischievous chuckle.

Will the tapes affect her presence in a film that also stars the actor?

Rumours have been abounding that the leading lady had backed out after the Salman tapes. The first spell of shooting for Shirish Kunder's directorial debut was cancelled... and then the set was finally dismantled.

The film's other leading man Akshay Kumar shot solo shots and then moved on to Raj Kanwar's new film with Bipasha Basu and Katrina Kaif. Akshay will be shooting for Kanwar's film in Canada now. He then moves to the US for Kunder's Jaan-e-Man.

So will Preity join the Jaan-e-Man team in New York when shooting resumes or will the crew have to look for another leading lady?

Says a very close friend of Preity: "Either way no one can blame her. If she decides not to do the film it would be perfectly understandable after what Khan is heard saying on the tapes.

"On the other hand if she decides to stay on it would just demonstrate her high level of professionalism. One thing is for sure. It isn't easy to catch Preity cheating on matters of principle and professionalism."

Preity Zinta
http://www.bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/preity/preity09.jpg

Salman Khan
http://www.rumela.com/albums/salman_khan/salman_khan02.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 12-9-2005 12:00 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 12:58 AM

SHILPA: I HAVEN'T DONE ANY "FAREB"

Has Shilpa Shetty really done 'Fareb' after 'Khamosh' since the box office remained "Khamosh" on her 'Khamosh'. Hence, she is anxiously awaiting the release of 'Fareb'. Why does she expect 'Fareb' to fare better than 'Khamosh' when Deepak Tjori has directed both? Is it because her younger sister has also starred in it? We met Shilpa Shetty recently and chatted with her about all this.

What's 'Fareb' all about? What type of fareb have you played and on whom?

This is an emotional thriller movie. Director Deepak Tjori has presented me in 'Fareb' in a much different and an amazing way. In fact, I haven't worn short dresses throughout the movie except during a song. Besides, I don't play fareb on any one though some one does play on me. To know this you need to watch the movie.

What's your role in it?

I play Neha's character that is a doctor, and married wit Aditya played by Manoj Bajpai. As a doctor, I try to motivate people to donate their kidney to the needy. Besides, I maintain a sort of equilibrium between my domestic and my working life. Despite this, another woman enters into my husband Aditya's life. This creates a storm in my life.

Isn't that woman your real sister Shamita?

This woman is Riya Singhania, played by Shamita.

What's your experience working with your sister?

No doubt, Shamita is a good actor. She has recently proved this in 'Zaher'. In 'Fareb', our characters are just different rather moving opposite to each other. Shamita has acted as a completely corporate woman. We have been thoroughly professionals on the sets. We compete with each other, and never feel that we are sisters.

Why do you bank on 'Fareb' so much while Tjori's earlier 'Khamosh' flopped at the box office?

We worked very hard in 'Khamosh', but it didn't click with the viewers. The success or otherwise of a movie is beyond any actor. In fact, movies starring top stars flop even. Tjori has tried his best to make 'Fareb' a good movie. I have seen its print, and I have found it excellent. Hopefully, the viewers would like it too. However, I am unable to predict its prospects at box office.

What about your 'Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar' starring Salman Khan?

This is definitely a good film. I hope that this movie will provide a good turn in my filmi career. As it happened in the case of 'Dhadkan' that was released after years and proved a hit, I believe that ' Shaadi Karke. Phas Gaya Yaar 'already delayed by years would also hit the market. Besides, this is a women-centric movie.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030712/nt1.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 12:28 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 31-7-2005 01:01 AM

TABU TO PLAY UMRAO JAAN

Tabu will play Umrao Jaan, but not in J.P.Dutta's film as he has already replaced his earlier choice of Priyanka Chopra by Aishwarya Rai. Besides, Dutta is more serious about his another movie that is based on the life of Maharani Gayatri Devi. It is also said that Dutta has abandoned the idea of making 'Umrao Jaan'. Apart from it, Afzal Khan who announced to make 'Umrao Jaan' starring Pak actress Meera in the role of Umrao Jaan is stated to be facing financial problem at present. Meanwhile, another producer has decided to make 'Umrao Jaan' with Tabu in the lead role.

This producer has already narrated the story to Tabu, who has agreed to do the coveted role. But this producer has been on the look out for a senior director for implementing this job. Informed sources reveal that the name of the director and the contract with Tabu will be signed before this month-end. Though the news about a movie with Tabu acting as Umrao Jaan is not known to many, it has been widely welcomed by those who have learnt about it. These people consider Tabu as the best choice for this role.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal595.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 1-8-2005 at 01:29 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 1-8-2005 02:09 PM

GOVINDA LOSES THE HERO NO. 1 SPOT ONCE AGAIN

Govinda, 'The Hero No. 1', the tag line appeared to be there with the name that made millions laugh and cry with him in the dark hours of cinema halls, decided to turn politician No.1 last year. He defeated BJP veteran Ram Naik and made an impressive entry into the lower house of Indian Parliament. Being the member of the ruling Congress party, Govinda has been the focus of attention in the last session. But, back at box office it is not all the same again. Govinda has seen just one release after he turned politician. It was 'Khullam Khulla Pyar Karen' two months back and this film had been in waiting for years to see the light of the day. Now, this Friday sees yet another film of Govinda releasing titled 'Ssukh'.

The film shows that Govinda has lost his battleground in Bollywood. It is brother Kirti Ahuja who is calling the shots as director while his sister Kamini Khanna's name appears as music director along with some Nirmal Pawar in the credits. This family affair also sees Govinda himself turning a distributor once again to release his own film that has been lying unsold for months. A very badly planned marketing strategy coupled with worse communication from the star of the film has deprived the film of a good start. The over-confidence of Govinda in casting his near and dear ones sees losing his devoted fans. This boy of small town Virar near Mumbai has traveled from rags to riches but somewhere down the line, he has lost his charisma as a boy next door. Aging is showing its impact on his personality and while he dances with heroines like Preeti Jhangiani (remember there was a time when likes of Raveena, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukherjee, would fight for a role against him), it is yet to be seen if this film calls the end of an era that started with films like 'Ilzam' and 'Love 86' in late eighties.

'Ssukh' is a preaching in disguise for ruptured Indian families. Govind tries to teach and preach his fans but they never loved him for this. Govinda was synonym for mindless comedies. People like him for making a fool of himself in films like 'Raja Babu', 'Coolie No.1', 'Hero No. 1' and 'Bade Miyan and Chhote Miyan'. Then, Govinda thought it is not the team that is making these films succeed, but only he. So, he teamed up with directors like Nabh Kumar Raju and Naresh Agarwal, but none could work for him. Now, in 'Ssukh' he writes his own tribute. 'Ssukh' is the story of a couple -- Rakesh and Bhavna (Govinda and Preeti Jhangiani). They develop a misunderstanding between them and find that the divorce is the only option for this estranged relationship. The mistrust has taken over the love that once used to bloom between the two. Seeing the couple on the verge of the divorce, their friends, another couple comprising Sushila and Chandra Prakash (Aarti Chabaria and Chunky Pandey), tries to intervene and resolve the situation. When the rift between Bhavna and Rakesh takes an ugly turn, Bhavna leaves her home and shifts to Sushil's home. It is here that Bhavna comes to know about the values of a married life. She observes that this couple has managed to stick to their marriage despite all ups and downs in their lives. Sushila and Chandra Prakash try to bridge the gap between the quarreling couple but there are many scheming and ill wishing relatives around who will not like to have sukh (comfort) in the lives of Bhavna and Rakesh. How does the trauma of life turns into tickling of love? And, how the real friends in life work very hard to keep their friends happy? Watch out for the return of family drama of 70's taking on to you in 21st century.

'Ssukh' is the story of shattered dreams of day-to-day life. It tells that if we have conviction to make the things right, some day or the other life comes back on the normal route. Director Kirti Kumar makes a comeback after three years with 'Ssukh'. He started in the shadow of his brother as a director with difference way back in 1988 with a hard-hitting film 'Hatya'. Kirti Kumar went on to direct films like 'Radha Ka Sangam', 'Naseeb', 'Do Aankhe Barah Haath', 'Aunty No. 1' and 'Pyaar Diwana Hota Hai' being the last one in his list. Kirti has never worked with any other actor except his own brother Govinda. When the latter was reigning at the box office, the distributors accepted his films money in his project; they would earn millions with other Govinda movies. But, the present situation is quite different. Govinda has grown up larger that his image. His own feet are finding it hard to fit in his own shoes.

'Ssukh' has no sukh for viewers. Govind, the lead actor, looks pale and balding. He has lost his charm as an entertainer. His personality doesn't fit for the role of the lead hero in a film; his contemporaries have shifted for more matured and natural roles. But progression for Govinda has just stopped over the years. He is living in his own world where suggestions only come from those who are making their living on Govinda's account. It was Chunky Pandey with whom Govinda wrote a new box office history in 'Aankhen', but the pair has lost the same guts. Aarti Chabaria and Preeti Jhangiani look like weak dolls, having not much of a caliber. Many of Govinda's die-hard fans will feel sad for their idol. But the question is if Govinda is worried about his fans. They need a bindaas comedy from him; will the real Govinda stand up again? Everyone is waiting though.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal270.jpg
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
View full version: gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

ADVERTISEMENT