Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 03:44 PM

She is deliriously happy, intensely desirable and a damn promising actess with a snazy attitude edge.

Let's be honest, dear! she came, she wooed and you melted! Her smile has been her sucess-o-meter for this model turned star.We stopped whatever we were doing & ran to our TV sets;whenever the Liril jingle came up; to see a "clean'n'chubby girl"dancing in the gashing waters with a 'Liril' soap and even...

"I抳e always been a people抯 person. Perhaps that抯 why before gravitating towards films, I graduated in psychology. Now I interact daily with so many individuals of different temperaments. It抯 fascinating to watch their strengths and weaknesses. Actually, I flipped a coin to decide whether I should ever think about acting. I had toodled along with some friends to the Taj Mahal Hotel for the audition of Shekhar Kapur抯 Tara Rum Pum Pum. Shekhar asked me to react to the camera. Boy! was I intimidated, I didn抰 know what had hit me. I mumbled incoherently. But somehow I was okay as soon as the camera was switched on. I was in a world of my own. God knows when Shekhar Kapur will make Tara Rum Pum Pum.

Now I believe, he抯 on to his next film on Nelson Mandela. But I live on hope. So far, the highs have been Mani Ratnam抯 Dil Se, Kundan Shah抯 Kya Yehi Pyar Hai, Abbas-Mustaan抯 Soldier, Raj Kanwar抯 Farz and an untitled Telugu film with Venkatesh. The lows have been the unnecessary controversies and link-ups. I mean one paper wrote that I was having an affair with Ajay Jadeja, if you please. Then I was linked with Chandrachur Singh. It抯 crazy. I know Ajay and Rocky ever since I can remember. They are like my buddies.
Recently someone asked me if I抦 seeing the trainer of the Indian cricket team. I mean, Andy抯 a friend. He抣l probably die of embarrassment if he ever finds out that he抯 been linked with me.
Okay, I admit I talk too much. I talk out of turn. I let my tongue run away with my mouth. So most people tend to misunderstand me. Bobby Deol, who抯 like family, pulls me up whenever he sees me shooting my mouth off.
Quite a few magazinewallahs ask me if I抦 wild. What does that mean? Why can抰 they just let me be? If I抦 having a cool time at a movie hall or a pub, dancing to music or watching soccer, what抯 their problem?
I have loads of energy, I have a positive attitude. I will not change my life just because women in the industry are expected to behave in a certain manner. My weakness is that I抦 a scatterbrain. Also I hate waking up early in the morning. And I think my worst trait is my temper. When I抦 angry, instead of words I use my fists.I was offered this big film with this actor who has a reputation of being obnoxious. I immediately conveyed my apprehensions to the director. I will not pander to anyone抯 ego. I抦 here to act, not suck up to heroes. No one messes with me.Maybe my overbearing attitude intimidates men. Perhaps that抯 why I don抰 have a boyfriend yet. Relationships are too complicated, man. They抮e too demanding.To act, you must know pain. You must know what it means to be in love, what it means to be rejected.Acting can truly take a toll on your nerves. I mean we have to be larger than life. Worse, I抳e seen actors acting off the sets too.You know what抯 the worst part about being an actress? It抯 the pressure to look gorgeous all the time and to behave perfectly. But I抦 not perfect, nobody is.

http://www.rumela.com/albums/preity/preity13.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 6-9-2005 09:48 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 03:53 PM

Kareena-Akshay: Bowled over

Students of Convent of Jesus and Mary School and St Bedes College in Himachal Pradesh could barely control their excitement when Kareena Kapoor and Akshay Kumar shot a song for their forthcoming film, Dosti in their school. The girls screamed their way out to reach the Bollywood actors. Directed by Sunil Darshan, the film also has Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta and Juhi Chawla among the cast. It is scheduled for a Diwali release this year. 揑 do not have plans to marry for the next 7 to 8 years

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 03:59 PM

DESPITE his two left feet, Munnabhai alias SUNJAY DUTT seems to have finally danced his way into his audience's hearts. This was amply demonstrated when Dutt headed into town to open one of Delhi's many shopping malls. Monosyllabic answers, notwithstanding, Dutt claimed that "Munnabhai MBBS" was a "true success not only for me but also because people loved the character of Munna". And seeing his film make good at the box office gave him immense confidence. Initially it was his wooden expression and poor communication that put people off. Now it seems, like in a true Hindi films, he is romping home to a happy ending.

http://www.rumela.com/albums/sanjay_dutt/sanjay_dutt02.sized.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 27-7-2005 at 08:38 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 04:26 PM

SUSHMITA DENIED HER DUES?

Producer-director Harry Baweja is an angry man today and justifiably so! While neither the critics nor the audience seems to have kindly taken to his latest 慼atke

seafoamgreen Publish time 22-7-2005 06:59 PM

wuuui.. memang hantu bollywood la venus.. banyaknya gossip bollywood..:cak:

iansuryani Publish time 22-7-2005 08:03 PM

Originally posted by Gadis_Venus at 19-07-2005 13:42:

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal197.jpg

pun tak hensem tapi aku tetap suka lakonan dia...hehe

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 08:46 PM

Originally posted by seafoamgreen at 22-7-2005 06:59 PM:
:P

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 09:13 PM

Dino Morea has been in the industry for almost five years now. But in all this time, he抯 yet not learnt the nuances of fine dancing. That抯 perhaps the reason why he silently complied to his new producer Pooja Bhatt抯 wishes when she insisted on him getting dancing lessons before he started shooting for her next film. Apparently, the film has a dance theme and Pooja doesn抰 want to take any chances. Poor Dino cannot even protest because he needs a hit very badly. And remember, the only big hit he has to his credit to date is a Bhatt film 慠aaz

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 09:16 PM

It had to happen someday or the other. Macho actor John Abraham and dusky beauty Bipasha Basu have split. The buzz is around that John was not interested in any relationship which was not concrete. In fact he told one of his closest friend that "I had to opt out from this relationship because Bipasha is not interested in getting married with me. She feels that films are more important than any relationship!" That came like a thunderbolt to John. Without wasting anytime, handsome hunk John found his lost love in actress Lara Dutta. But no one is confirming the story. John always maintained that he and Bipasha were good friends. Bipasha also said that she does not want to comment on her relationship with John. But those who have seen 'Jism' would agree that John and Bipasha shared a chemistry which was certainly more than just friendship!

John Abraham
http://www.indiantelevision.com/images12/john_abraham.jpg

Bipasha Basu
http://www.efrendz.com/channels/pictures/aa/indian/actress/bipasha_basu/enlarge/10.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 11-1-2006 02:51 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 09:30 PM

Someone please give me an item number!

All those who think that there has been an overdose of sex kittens in item numbers haven't met Urmila Matondkar. The original oomph girl is pleading producers to approach her with an item number! Will Bollywood and its beauties ever cease to surprise us, don't think so.

揑 have played a lot of mad characters of late,

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 09:46 PM

Originally posted by iansuryani at 22-7-2005 08:03 PM:

pun tak hensem tapi aku tetap suka lakonan dia...hehe Hehe..tk puas hati..nk tungu sampai Ian cakap dia hensem..:P

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal199.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 22-7-2005 09:49 PM

Shooting for 'Humko Deewana Kar Gaye' begins

Writer-director Raj Kanwar launched his new film Humko Deewana Kar Gaye on Thursday, July 21 at Filmistan Studio with a 20-day schedule. Two songs and a number of scenes are being filmed in this stint. One of the songs will feature dancers from UK.

The final cast of the film is Akshay Kumar, Bipasha Basu, Katrina Kaif, Vivek Shauq, Manoj Joshi, Neena Kulkarni, Anju Mahendru, Delnaaz Paul, Uttara Baokar, Ranjeet, Puneet Issar, Upasna Singh and Gurpreet Guggi.

Music is scored by Anu Malik. A Gulshan Kumar presentation, the film is produced by Bhushan Kumar, Kishan Kumar and Raj Kanwar. It's a T-Series film in association with Inderjit Films Combine.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal660.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 23-7-2005 07:55 PM

Aishwarya Ranked Among The 10 Most Beautiful Women

After being through a disastrous run at the box office in the form of KYUN HO GAYA NA and SHABD, and being overshadowed by Mallika Sherawat's skimpy outfits at the Cannes film festival, finally here's some good news for the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai and her fans. Our desi beauty has been ranked as one of the ten most beautiful women of the world by the Harpers & Queen magazine.

Topping the list was Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie; the others in the top ten list include Christy Turlington, Queen Rania of Jordan, Sofia Coppola, Nigella Lawson, Uma Thurman, Emmanuelle B閍rt, Kate Moss, Aishwarya Rai and Charlotte, of Monaco.

http://media.santabanta.com/gallery/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/aishwarya%20rai/aishwarya%20rai87h.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 02:14 PM ]

deaf4ever Publish time 23-7-2005 07:57 PM

Originally posted by seafoamgreen at 22-7-2005 06:59 PM:

:lol:lol

Gadis_Venus Publish time 23-7-2005 07:58 PM

Abhishek denies being a better actor than father

Abhsihek Bachchan, the modest!! He got THE award for Yuva. His father, rated as Best actor of the Millennium rated amongst one of the most powerful persons in India, was also nominated in the same category. He still refuses to believe what Ram Gopal Verma has to say about him. Verma believes that he is a better actor than his father and this Bachchan junior denies it without a second thought.

"I know Ramu is a huge fan of dad. He just wants me to have the courage to face the camera with dad," says Abhishek.

Verma is currently working on the movie 慡arkar

Gadis_Venus Publish time 23-7-2005 07:59 PM

"Producer: Anil Kapoor"...?

A while back, Sanjay Kapoor had expressed interest in turning producer but nothing really happened on that front. These days Anil Kapoor is in a South Africa location - hunting for his production venture to be reportedly produced under his own banner, Anil Kapoor Film Company PVT. LTD. Any comments, Boney Kapoor?

Sanjay Kapoor did not succeed in becoming a producer. Now Anil Kapoor has gone to South Africa to hunt for his production venture. Reportedly, he wishes to produce under his own banner - Anil Kapoor Film Company PVT. LTD.
Boney Kapoor?...what do you say?

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal740.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 23-7-2005 08:02 PM

Who will answer these questions?
What makes Salman Khan the country抯 most wanted celebrity today? The fact that he has allegedly been taped talking to some of the underworld抯 men? Or the fact that he seems to be the only one stupid enough to have been caught?

Or the one unfortunate enough to have called his then-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai to discuss his issues, only to have their personal chat tapped?

Were the stars still in a relationship when their conversation was taped/ tapped? If they were still a pair when this alleged conversation took place, what was Aishwarya thinking?

揧our phone is tapped,

Gadis_Venus Publish time 23-7-2005 08:04 PM

Kareena Kapoor wins Rajiv Gandhi Award

Kareena Kapoor is in seventh heaven. And it's not because she has been shooting with Shahid Kapoor in Bangkok - but because she has just been honoured as a young achiever!

"I've just been informed I've won the Rajiv Gandhi award for being a young achiever. It feels very, very good," Kareena, 24, tells. "Firstly, because Rajiv Gandhi is someone I've always admired.

"And secondly because it does give you a sense of achievement to be honoured by the government. It means I must have done something right somewhere."

She laughs loudly, pointing to the fact that her recent films haven't lived up to expectations.

"I guess ups and downs are a part of any profession. But I've decided to take my role as an achiever very seriously. I've many surprises up my sleeve. You wait and see."

Indeed, Kareena is on her way to signing a couple of the biggest projects in Hindi, including one with Shah Rukh Khan. Kareena was out of bounds for King Khan after she backed out of Karan Johar's Kal Ho Na Ho.

"One lives and one learns," says Kareena. "Today I'm a completely different person from the headstrong person I used to be three years ago. I don't know how much of an achiever I am. But at 24, I still have youth on my side. I'm going to get where I want to."

Kareena Kapoor
http://www.bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/kareena/kareena12.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 29-11-2006 03:31 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 23-7-2005 08:07 PM

The hero in him

After playing the parallel hero in many a movie, Saif Ali Khan proves he's hero material with the National Award-winning Hum Tum.

After losing yet another `Oscar' race, Hollywood's outstanding actress Deborah Kerr wryly observed, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride". Great actors like Karl Malden, Rod Steiger and Lee J. Cobb appeared in powerful parallel roles often eclipsing the heroes, but the honours eluded them. Many people, though disappointed, never openly criticised the `Oscar' committee or accused it of bias. That is America and Hollywood for you.

However, in India, when the National Film Awards were announced recently, Rajya Sabha MP Rajiv Shukla, a journalist-turned cricket administrator-turned-politician, sharply criticised the jury's choice of Saif Ali Khan as the best actor for the film Hum Tum. He accused the jury of bias and personal motives. His only association with cinema is his close friendship with actor Shah Rukh Khan, who was expected to win the same award for Veer-Zaara. Shah Rukh Khan has consistently won several film awards and basking in his company was Shukla.

Take a peek into Saif's film career and you will realise that after his debut as a `solo' hero in the early 1990s, he was drawn into a series of films where he played the parallel hero to perfection. He essayed both comedy and serious roles with ease, and brought an air of freshness to his characters.

In movies such as Hum Saath Saath Hain, Kachhe Daage, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Keemat and Dil Chahta Hai, which also had other famous stars, his performances often stole the show. This was more obvious in Karan Johar's hit film, Kal Ho Naa Ho, where Saif played the playboy-turned-sincere lover to perfection. Though he shared the screen with Shah Rukh Khan, his acting won much appreciation and applause from critics and the masses alike. No wonder then that he bagged several `Best Supporting Actor' awards for this role.

Hum Tum clearly proved that Saif was capable of carrying a film on his shoulders. Playing a young man who does not know where his true affections lay, Saif was superb in the company of co-star Rani Mukherji. His appeal was fresh, and sans the mannerisms of SRK. To prove that Hum Tum was no fluke, he came out with another winner in Parineeta. The three Khans (Salman, Shah Rukh and Aamir), who had till then dominated the Hindi screen for many years, now had serious competition.

When Shukla criticised the jury, his comments also seemed to target Saif's mother Sharmila Tagore, who is chairperson of the Central Board of Film Censors. This, in turn, seemed to hint that the jury members, who are reputed film-makers as well, wanted to curry favour with the Censor Board.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal357.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 24-7-2005 11:49 AM

Priyanka Chopra is yet another Miss India and Miss World who decided to pursue a career in bad ole' Bollywood. Born in Jamshedpur, with aspirations of being an engineer, she had not imagined that she'd be part of tinsel town at the tender age of 20. Contrary to popular belief, Priyanka debuted in Time Audio's 'The Hero', in which she played second fiddle to Preity Zinta. Sunny Deol was the hero in this Anil Sharma ('Gadar') flick. The film didn't fare well and Priyanka then pinned her hopes on Suneel Darshan's 'Andaz' (opposite Akshay Kumar) in which another Miss Universe, Lara Dutta, was poised to debut. (In fact, Abbas-Mustan had offered her Amisha Patel's role in 'Humraaz' at that time, but she chose 'Andaz' over 'Humraaz'.)

Luckily for Priyanka, the film (which fetched horrid reviews) worked at the box-office and she got inundated with offers (glamorous ones, of course). But with success came controversies. Her father Capt. Ashok Chopra was embroiled in a sex scandal though the matter seems to have died down. Also, when she walked out of Maan Singh Deep's film 'Raja Bhaiyya' (opposite Govinda) and was replaced by Aarti Chabria, the producer went ballistic in bad-mouthing her. At the same time, she walked out of Shakeel Noorani's 'Jaan Ki Baazi' and had him speaking ill too! Amidst all this, she broke up with long time boy friend and model, Aseem Merchant. Recently, she even had a spat with the producers of 'Plan' over financial issues. But Priyanka never allowed herself to get bogged down by unpleasantness. A born fighter, this one seems well fortified to survive in the Bollywood jungle.

Priyanka is yet to receive glowing reviews from the press and prove her mettle as an actress of substance. But as a glamour doll who's meant to pout and gyrate, she's doing well for herself. After 'The Hero' and 'Andaaz', she was seen earlier this year in Guddu Dhanoa's 'Kismat' (opposite Bobby Deol), which expectedly bombed. Then Sanjay Gupta's multi-starrer 'Plan' (Sanjay Dutt, Bikram Saluja, Sanjay Suri), which also crashed. Priyanka is banking heavily on two flicks releasing in consecutive weeks: Rajiv Rai's 'Asambhav' (opposite Arjun Rampal) and Sajid Nadiadwala's 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' (opposite Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan).

She has a number of films in hand, including Abbas-Mustan's thriller 'Aitraaz' with Akshay Kumar (again) and Kareena Kapoor, Vipul Shah's 'Waqt' with Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar, Guddu Dhanoa's 'Deodhar Gandhi' with Sunny Deol, and many more.

Of course, she is lucky that she's had the support of Akshay Kumar in more ways than one! The man has been recommending her for many films, which also gave birth to the news that she was having a secret affair with him after his marriage. Of course, the two vehemently deny it, but Priyanka knows that it's the survival of the fittest in this cutthroat industry! And if she doesn't scrub other's backs, no one will scrub hers!

http://www.my-india.net/p/m/stars/f/priyanka/i/1.jpg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
View full version: gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

ADVERTISEMENT