CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 23331|Reply: 333

[Tempatan] kenapa saya bersara sebagai Chief Operating Officer (COO) dan kerja 'pasar malam

[Copy link]
Post time 24-3-2018 12:43 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by harizs at 24-3-2018 02:08 PM

M’sian Ex-COO Shares Thought-Provoking Story About Why He Quit Corporate Life

In less than 24 hours, his story reached more than 24,000 shares and had many netizens talking about their similar life experiences. He described his life when he was COO of the company and the office politics involved, which made his corporate life unpleasant. “I am embarrassed to tell you the things I used to do in corporate. When we wish to fire people who work in corporate jobs, instead of offering a severance package, we make life very difficult for them. We humiliate them in meetings, we tell them they are not performing, we restructure the organization and reduce their seniority, and put junior people as their bosses. Eventually even the strong cannot tahan and they will leave themselves. This is what they taught me in corporate, and this is what I did. But you don’t realise it will all eventually come back to you.”

READ HIS STORY BELOW ...

“I used to be the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of several companies. But I am embarrassed to tell you the things I used to do in corporate. When we wish to fire people who work in corporate jobs, instead of offering a severance package, we make life very difficult for them.

We humiliate them in meetings, we tell them they are not performing, we restructure the organization and reduce their seniority, and put junior people as their bosses. Eventually even the strong cannot ‘tahan’ and they will leave themselves. This is what they taught me in corporate, and this is what I did. But you don't realise it all eventually comes back to you.

Sadly, the company is never short of its people to volunteer to do the dirty job of undermining their own colleagues, not realising that one day they may be the victim themselves.

If you are mid-manager level, it's fine because you are purely operational. Once you get to senior manager position, that’s when the politicking starts. People get jealous of you, people backstab you and they would do anything to get rid of you. This is the ugly side of corporate culture and sadly the dark side of human nature too.

"Why did you quit corporate?"

One late night I looked through an old photo album of my family – of my lovely wife and children and I realised the past 20 years passed by in a blur. I could barely recall my children growing up and that my wife has become older – it was like I just woke up from a coma and I lost my memory. I regretted this bitterly and it was this moment I decided to make right of my life.

I’m grateful I’m given a second chance in life. This is my second chance.

Now, I operate a modest chemical business of my own. During the weekends, I also trade at a flea-market to sell our unneeded items, and have been a trader for two years.

I am actually saving up more money now, than when I was in corporate, as I’ve also learned to manage my finances more diligently and realized money was spent on unnecessary luxuries. For example, I thought I could not live without Astro because I used to watch EPL (English Premiere League football) every weekend. When I cut off Astro to save money, I realized I didn't miss it that much.

So here I am, selling our unneeded items, things which we rarely used - sometimes only once or twice. I have three children – a boy and two girls. Two are in university and one just finished SPM. Once the last one goes to university too, me and wife will move to a smaller apartment.

Once you declutter your life, you can focus on the things that really matter.

During my corporate work, I reported to the board and I had up to ten bosses. But now I just have one boss. My wife! This is my life now, it’s a lot simpler, but I'm happier.”

- Please like our page at Humans of Kuala Lumpur for more inspiring stories like this.

Story and photo by Amalina Davis
Edited by Mushamir Mustafa

*We have updated some parts of the story for clarification - FB page Humans of Kuala Lumpur

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-3-2018 12:59 PM | Show all posts
inilah yg dinamakan rat race ... dan statistik mrk yg dpt sakit mental meningkat setiap tahun sbb stress di tempat kerja lepas kena torture dgn boss masing2.  so cara popular golongan spt forumer dodolgemok nak melepaskan tension & stress ialah dgn memaki najib & rosmah. eh tetiba ...   

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2018 01:15 PM | Show all posts
tobby replied at 24-3-2018 12:59 PM
inilah yg dinamakan rat race ... dan statistik mrk yg dpt sakit mental meningkat setiap tahun sbb st ...

berbeza kot.. rat race lebih kpd kitaran hidup pekerja yg tak reti menyimpan & invest utk dana hari tua...  tu yg tak blh nak pencen walau umur dah 60-an, kena kerja sampai mati sbb masa muda asyik spent for gaya hidup

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 01:53 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
harizs replied at 24-3-2018 01:15 PM
berbeza kot.. rat race lebih kpd kitaran hidup pekerja yg tak reti menyimpan & invest utk dana har ...

Ni kena sgt kat acik & pcik gomen yg umor dah 50++ pun tak reti reti nk pencen....alasan ank masih bljar...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2018 02:07 PM | Show all posts
jazaa100 replied at 24-3-2018 01:53 PM
Ni kena sgt kat acik & pcik gomen yg umor dah 50++ pun tak reti reti nk pencen....alasan ank masih ...

blh baca buku Stuffocation - living more with less

umur 55 ke atas blh jer pencen walau anak masih belajar. tapi klu masa muda sebahagian besar gaji habis utk gaya hidup & takda saving mmg cari nahas..
by right bila umur dah masuk 40-an dah blh stop belanja atas benda2 WANTS vs NEEDS ni ..  blh dah stop langgan astro, kurangkan shopping baju, kurangkan makan2 di luar, tukar dari kereta besar ke kereta kecil.  konsep

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 02:14 PM | Show all posts
teringat ex-boss aku dulu dimalukan dlm meeting oleh boss paling besar ..  "do you want me to call yr grandma to help u solve yr problem..?"   dok ulang ayat ni tiap kali meeting ..  last2 ex-boss aku masuk hospital sbb kena stress ..  tapi masih x reti2 nak resign..   haha

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-3-2018 02:26 PM | Show all posts
life dalam bidang koporat cam tu la.. byk yg tikam blkg.. opis politik is real...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2018 02:50 PM | Show all posts
tobby replied at 24-3-2018 02:14 PM
teringat ex-boss aku dulu dimalukan dlm meeting oleh boss paling besar ..  "do you want me to call y ...

boss yindia paling skillfull dlm bab maki dlm meeting ni ..  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-3-2018 02:52 PM | Show all posts
harimau76 replied at 24-3-2018 02:26 PM
life dalam bidang koporat cam tu la.. byk yg tikam blkg.. opis politik is real...

klu sayang jawatan hadap jer lah..  saving byk2, cukup masa bersara & cari kerja lain.  cuma takut x sempat bersara dah mati kena stroke sbb stress.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 02:58 PM | Show all posts
harizs replied at 24-3-2018 02:50 PM
boss yindia paling skillfull dlm bab maki dlm meeting ni ..

ex-boss aku melayu. boss kpd boss aku pulak cina. cina ni buat kerja okay, tapi mulut dia puaka .. kau silap sikit mmg bakal dimalukan dlm meeting. perkataan grandma, grandpa, what da fuck semua keluar dari mulut dia. ibarat zikir dia setiap kali meeting..  ramai yg masuk hospital lepas tu sbb stress

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 03:00 PM | Show all posts
harizs replied at 24-3-2018 02:52 PM
klu sayang jawatan hadap jer lah..  saving byk2, cukup masa bersara & cari kerja lain.  cuma takut ...

tu la yg dok pikiaq pjg ni.. rasa nak undur diri ja..stress punya pasal abis keluarga jadi mangsa..buat mcm x-CEO tu buat.. live minimal jer.. buat biz kecik2..janji hati senang.. tak larat nak tgk drama kat opis hari2... sebelum segala penyakit bersarang, elok blah dulu..

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 03:22 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
teringat ex-boss aku dulu dimalukan dlm meeting oleh boss paling besar ..  "do you want me to call y ...

Kalau aku aku jawab,  Why not if she can help me?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 03:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
tobby replied at 24-3-2018 02:58 PM
ex-boss aku melayu. boss kpd boss aku pulak cina. cina ni buat kerja okay, tapi mulut dia puaka .. ...

Kalau rasa tak tahan saman je...cakap mental abuse.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 03:25 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
harimau76 replied at 24-3-2018 03:00 PM
tu la yg dok pikiaq pjg ni.. rasa nak undur diri ja..stress punya pasal abis keluarga jadi mangsa. ...

Dulu ingat stress ni small matter sj.. Tapi bila tgk ada kengkawan yg hospitalize sbb stress teruk benar rupa mrk. Famili pun kena tempias. Pity dorang ni.. Nak resign x blh sbb hutang keliling pinggang

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 03:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
iloveselangor replied at 24-3-2018 03:22 PM
Kalau aku aku jawab,  Why not if she can help me?

Hahaha..  Yg ni lawak

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 03:32 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
tobby replied at 24-3-2018 03:26 PM
Hahaha..  Yg ni lawak

Teringat zaman sekolah dulu...kawan i bersembang dalam kelas..cikgu marah 'Kalau nak bersembang keluar dr kelas'.

Sekali deyols betul keluar bersembang kat luar kelas...dah abis bersembang deyols masuk.

Sejak tu cikgu tu nak cover malu dia bagi masa 5 minit bersembang kat luar kelassebelum kelas mula

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-3-2018 03:39 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Byk dari kita wajar bersara saja cari ketenangan bila dah berumur ni. Bagi peluang yg muda dan byk energy amik alih. Pastu beli kebun tanam musang king 5 tahun dah berbuah......relax minda

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 04:03 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Aku pernah tumbuk meja boss aku .....depan2 dia.... taraf senior general manager tu. Terkedip-kedip je aku tengok mata dia. Aku cakap kat dia.....the world is round. Today you at the top.... besok2 tak tahu lagi. You want to fire me.... firelah. Last2 aku ambil VSS dan berhenti because aku dah fed up maksima. Aku masuk organisasi lain.....rupa2 berlambak kerja, bukan taraf cekai tapi taraf execitive keatas...last2 aku dengar ex boss dah meninggal..... heart  problem and kidney.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 04:20 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Pernah dlm one meeting my CEO mintak everybody there to rate our performance in the last project. The project was a so-so, not a failure not a great success  either. So Ada Satu sr mgr ni konon2 nak merendah diri pegi rate performance dia at C. Sekali ceo balas setepek, "you are right...u deserved the grade!!" Orang lain semua pakat paling teruk pun rate B gitu, xde kena sound apa...lol

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2018 04:27 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
iloveselangor replied at 24-3-2018 03:32 PM
Teringat zaman sekolah dulu...kawan i bersembang dalam kelas..cikgu marah 'Kalau nak bersembang ke ...

Hahahahhahahahahah

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 11:42 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.091996 second(s), 46 queries .