Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 11801|Reply: 84

Should I Quit My Job? Update on post #79

[Copy link]
Post time 29-7-2018 10:44 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by QIsmail at 19-11-2018 03:38 PM

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone.

First of all, I am so sorry if I come across as whiny but I do not know who to turn to right now. I'm not sure whether I'm being dramatic or I'm plunging into depression.

After 3 years of trying, alhamdulillah. My application for transfer was finally approved. But it somehow invites new problems in the new workplace. I was appointed a post that I myself knew that I'm not capable of. Still, the admin insisted as they saw me as 'the new meat'. And I hated every single moment I am in the new workplace.

Everyday for the past month that I'm here, I feel like I want to runaway to someplace else. I don't want to work in this field anymore. But my parents are really against this idea and they begged me to stay as I am a government officer. In order to please them, it took a toll on my mental health. I experience difficulty in sleeping (and sometimes heart palpitations) in the middle of the night. I can't keep my mind off the fact that I'm no longer capable of being happy.

The bright side of my life is that - I'm about to get married this end of August. My fiance couldn't have been more supportive of my decision to change the path of my career as I intend to pursue my Masters and PhD altogether.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to be really strong in dealing with challenges and difficulties in life. Right now, I just couldn't see a way out. So, should I quit my job?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2018 10:57 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nope

U just need a chill pill with an i-dont-give-a-fu*k attitude in ur workplace
Believe me ur upcoming day will be better and better

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-7-2018 11:05 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Victorioussss replied at 29-7-2018 10:57 AM
Nope

U just need a chill pill with an i-dont-give-a-fu*k attitude in ur workplace

Really? That’s a fresh insight. Haha.

I’ve been praying for these feelings to pass. But I dunno why. Hee

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 11:42 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Up to you. Just to remind u that as long as it’s not going to consume you, mental health is more important than anything else.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 12:59 PM | Show all posts
Edited by mesmerize at 29-7-2018 01:02 PM

how old are u?
if u are still young ie in your 20s.. please.. go and pursue your happiness.. leave the toxic environment, toxic people and stop doing things that u hate..
are u going to stuck in an unhappy life until u get older?
not worth it dear..
about your parents.. they will understand later.
just pray hard.. ask Allah for his guidance and rezeki in other place. InsyaAllah He will lead u the way and provide u.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 02:32 PM | Show all posts
dont give up, kipidap

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-7-2018 03:02 PM | Show all posts
Salam brother,

If i may reply, please dont leave your job. kecuali kalau ada offer vss dgn jumlah banyak.
if you resign then ramai yang happy.

Selepas baca your statement, saya rasa saya boleh membantu sebab saya juga pernah lalui apa yang anda lalui.
saya juga ada hadapi jantung laju atau jantung tak stabil.
saya juga tetiba ada alami tekanan darah yang naik turun.
saya juga pernah alami panic attacks.
saya juga penah rasa macam nak lari.

rasa tekanan dan stress luar biasa.

dan sebelom ni tak penah lalui benda2 ni.

ok, sekarang ni alhamdulilah, dah boleh tangani panic attacks. dah hilang rasa nak lari. dah stop makan ubat tekanan low blood.

dan jawapan dia maybe macam tak masuk akal but hear me out.
saya hadapi serangan dan gangguan sihir sebenarnya.
mungkin ada orang tak suka saya dan mahu saya resign.
saya tak tahu siapa dan guru saya pun kata tak perlu tahu siapa pun. yang penting fight and get well.

its ok if you tak percaya pada sihir. saya dulu pun tak percaya tapi sihir ni ada disebut dalam al Quran pun. but its ok.
cuba lihat yang ini ada lah ujian Allah.

so tip #1 yang memang ada effect: Solat Tahajud.

you tulis you heran kenapa you feel you tak boleh hadapi dgn challenges ni walhal dulu boleh. this is sebab semangat u lemah.
insyallah tahajud boleh kuat kan u balik. i pun tak pandai on how and why but memang mujarab.

tip#2: kurang dgr musik. kalau boleh la. puasa musik dan hiburan sementara. sebab musik adalah aktiviti pasif dan kita absorb bisikan/nyanyian/input.... sihir pula adalah satu bisikan/input yg dibisik kepada minda dan jiwa anda. so stop this habit sementara. insyallah.

cuba lah dulu. saya buat benda ni. if saya tak buat saya tak akan ajak orang lain buat. insyallah u be ok. tak rugi pun nak usaha semua ni. dan semua tips ni tak langgar agama.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-7-2018 05:23 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Orix replied at 29-7-2018 11:42 AM
Up to you. Just to remind u that as long as it’s not going to consume you, mental health is more im ...

That’s what I thought too. Thanks for the advice though. Really appreciate it.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-7-2018 05:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mesmerize replied at 29-7-2018 12:59 PM
how old are u?
if u are still young ie in your 20s.. please.. go and pursue your happiness.. leave  ...

I’m 28. Before this pun mmg problem dgn toxic environment. I guess it’s the same everywhere in government sector. Sadly.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-7-2018 05:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
AsMalaysia replied at 29-7-2018 03:02 PM
Salam brother,

If i may reply, please dont leave your job. kecuali kalau ada offer vss dgn jumlah ...

Thank you for the suggestions. Tahajjud semua tu mmg I practise; alhamdulillah- but then I’m not sure why I become like this. Maybe I’m just tired of the government working environment. I’m barely 4 years in service. I’ve got a lot to consider

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 05:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
If you want to leave your job, you must have a back up plan. Secure another job and leave the current one.

From my previous experience, leaving my toxic workplace was the best decision I have ever made. I was depressed until i got anxiety attacks. I put my health in line. Then I realize this is not worth it. Actively looking for a job and cabut.

I am way happier now i hope you will find a solution soon.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 05:43 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
One more thing if you are unhappy with your current job, you will do your work half heartedly. Which will affect your performance as well. So find a new job and leave.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 06:04 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ckp melayu la lanchow.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 07:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dah ade komitmen blm?  kereta rumah etc. Soon dah nak kawin kan. Lagi tambah tanggungjwb. Dah dapat kerja lain? simpanan dah cukup plg kurang setahun nak belanja tuk hari2 bayar2 bil mak nenek tu semua? Nak bagi mak ayah sikit.

Bukan apa, takut biasa dah bergaji tiba2 berenti lagi stres nak kena ubah gaya hidup tu...

Fikir baik2 tt, cari jalan terbaik atasi stres, jgn fikir sgt org cakap buat kita semua, buat je kerja, bulan2 gaji dapat boleh beli macam2 benda ko nak.

Bukan org yg susahkan ko tu boleh ambik gaji ko pun. Kalau dah ade kerja lain menanti dan bayar baik dr ape ko dpt sekarang ok la

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 07:23 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
nope
resign is not good option
unless u ada duit berjuta

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 10:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
If you have lots of money, just resign and continue ur studies as planned.
But if you have ppl who depend on you financially, go get another job before resigning.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2018 10:35 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Agree with Ms Nana_Man.
If you have enough savings to pay for all your bills and expenses to last you till you get another job, then you can quit if you can't take it anymore. If you don't, then better hang in there till you land a new job.

Being unhappy and stressed all the time is really bad for your well-being. It will eventually affect your health, mental and physical. So, do what is best for yourself. Your parents are probably worry about you if you quit, but with the right approach explaining to them your problem, they may understand your situation.

Cheers.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 10:59 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
iv been keep repeating my phrase's i want to quit...almost 4 years now. hahahahha but im still stuck.

i bet life is cruel...somehow...life goes on and keep doing what i have to do. That is life, keep moving TT.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 11:07 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kalau sy sy quit.. sbb hidup ini singkat utk bersedih..

Sy pernah laluinya tapi tak reti berhenti last2 diberhentikan..

Yg bestnya kehidupan lepas benti keje tu dr segi kewangan alhamdulillah memang beribu kali ganda lebih baik dari tempat tu..
Rezeki kan hak allah

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2018 11:14 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Boleh ambik cuti Tanpa gaji?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Cinta & Perhubungan

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 12:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.398867 second(s), 47 queries .