Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 11430|Reply: 42

[Buku] [THE GREAT GATSBY}: A Personal Experience

[Copy link]
Post time 10-12-2018 06:54 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Abang sulung and 2 orang kakak sulung terpaksa ke sekolah orang putih dan bahasa pelajaran mereka disekolah rendah pon adalah English. Lalu, semua buku2 mereka, textbooks ataupun buku cerita, were all in English. Kerana ibu saya boleh bercakap bahasa inggeris, saya boleh bercakap satu dua patah padanya semasa kami berdua sahaja yang tinggal dirumah seharian.

Selain dari berpuluh2 Mills & Boons, ada several classical books, termasuklah The Great Gatsby. Kerana Kelantan tiada electricity dan saya tiada mainan, saya selongkar buku2 abang kakak dan membaca buku The Greats Gatsby dari umur yang sangat muda. Masa itu, imajinasi saya sungguh vivid. Saya boleh bayangkan music Jazz nye melalui sedikit yang saya pernah dengar diradio dan songs dari berpuluh2 piring hitam dirumah, boleh bayangkan pakaian mereka dari pelbagai magazines yang ada, old Readers Digest dari zaman 1960s dan 1970s dan newspapers yang arwah bapa saya beli setiap hari. Dan saya tidak banyak salah bila saya lihat movienya (1974 version) bila Pasir Mas mula dapat electric dalam tahun 1979. Terasa seolah saya sendiri melalui kebisingan dan havoc nya suasana party-party yang Nick Caraway hadiri di banglo besar Jay Gatsby. Boleh terasa panasnya minat Jay Gatsby pada Daisy Buchanan. Cinta terlarang, tentulah laris perbualan nya.. di dalam buku atau diluarnya .

Cubalah baca jika belum. Perasaan anda tak akan lari jauh dari apa yang saya pernah rasa.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-12-2018 10:41 AM | Show all posts
Saya pun baca kakak, kan no 10 dari 12 siblings...personal experience yang sama

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 11:32 AM | Show all posts
Quote-

1. "I wasn't actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity."

2. "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."

3. "I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life."

4. "Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead."

5. "He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night."

6. "You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad thing that happened to me."

7. "There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired."

-Unquote.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 11:58 AM | Show all posts
Oh best , tapi i tengok movienya

The Great Gatsby by Tobie Maguire

Lead by Leornardo Decaprio

A romance and drama tp ada banyak movie on this since 1970s

Ni real story kan mod  about the writer or fiction...i bet all ladies sangat susah hati with the Gatsby mysterious sexy and cunning man if in real life

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 12:07 PM | Show all posts
8. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

9. "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope."

10. "They had never been closer in their month of love, nor communicated more profoundly one with another."

11. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."

12. "But his heart was in a constant, turbulent riot. The most grotesque and fantastic conceits haunted him in his bed at night. A universe of ineffable gaudiness spun itself out in his brain while the clock ticked on the washstand and the moon soaked with wet light his tangled clothes upon the floor."

13. "No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart."

14. "I couldn't forgive him or like him, but I saw that what he had done was, to him, entirely justified."

15. "There must have been moments even that afternoon when Daisy tumbled short of his dreams -- not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 12:18 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I baca 2 pages n buku baca i plak lps tu.
I cant comprehend the language.
Kalau ade simplest version. Wld love to read

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 10-12-2018 12:27 PM | Show all posts
16. "It takes two to make an accident."

17. "All I kept thinking about, over and over, was 'You can't live forever; you can't live forever.'"

18. "So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight."

19. "I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes, and felt it in others — young clerks in the dusk, wasting the most poignant moments of night and life."

20. "In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars."

21. "If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him."

22. "Life is much more successfully looked at from a single window."

23. "She was feeling the pressure of the world outside and she wanted to see him and feel his presence beside her and be reassured that she was doing the right thing after all."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 12:35 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Alamak
Kena baca ni..
Iols slalu tgk iklan kat hypptv flick plus je dolu .
Jadi kalau ramai yg ckp best..iols kena beli..hahaha...
Rasa jeles nnt okeh..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-12-2018 12:38 PM | Show all posts
24. "There I was, way off my ambitions, getting deeper in love every minute, and all of a sudden I didn't care."

25. "The exhilarating ripple of her voice was a wild tonic in the rain."

26. "He talked a lot about the past, and I gathered that he wanted to recover something, some idea of himself perhaps, that had gone into loving Daisy. His life had been confused and disordered since then, but if he could once return to a certain starting place and go over it all slowly, he could find out what that thing was."

27. "Thirty — the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair."

28. "His dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him."

29. "I think he revalued everything in his house according to the measure of response it drew from her well-loved eyes."

30. "So I walked away and left him standing there in the moonlight, watching over nothing."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 04:46 PM | Show all posts
tgk movie yang dilakonkan oleh Leornado Di Caprio.

Best gila.. memang menusuk macam aku sendiri yang berada dalam filem tu.

Tak tau nak cakap macam mana tapi terasa something la bila tgk filem tu..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2018 07:45 PM | Show all posts
31. "Do you always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it? I always watch for the longest day in the year and then miss it."

32. "It is invariably saddening to look through new eyes at things upon which you have expended your own powers of adjustment."

33. "So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star."

34. "People disappeared, reappeared, made plans to go somewhere, and then lost each other, searched for each other, found each other a few feet away."

35. "Human sympathy has its limits, and we were contented to let all their tragic arguments fade with the city lights behind."

36. "I began to like New York, the racy, adventurous feel of it at night, and the satisfaction that the constant flicker of men and women and machines gives to the restless eye."

37. "One emotion after another crept into her face like objects into a slowly developing picture."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2018 12:51 AM | Show all posts
seribulan replied at 10-12-2018 10:41 AM
Saya pun baca kakak, kan no 10 dari 12 siblings...personal experience yang sama

saya 7th dari 8.
the first 3 medium depa inggeris.
masa tu textbook in english kan?
depa pon cakap english tau
infact, masa sy kecik depa conversed in english dan hingga kini bila mereka bertemu, still cakap in english
sangat kekok lah sebab kami orang kampung dan diperli

ada lagi some books yg lain masa kecik tu
sedih sungguh takde toys ape pon
main kotak mancis je buat kereta

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2018 12:55 AM | Show all posts
adila39 replied at 10-12-2018 11:58 AM
Oh best , tapi i tengok movienya

The Great Gatsby by Tobie Maguire

dikatakan based on real life experience
''based'' ni, byk jugak stretching nye, esp di zaman ini

sy rasa kesal that keadaan Gatsby yg sgt elok itu, terurai kerana cinta dia kat daisy
he should have stayed mysterious the way he was

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2018 12:56 AM | Show all posts
noraidil_06 replied at 10-12-2018 12:18 PM
I baca 2 pages n buku baca i plak lps tu.
I cant comprehend the language.
Kalau ade simplest versi ...

ok je
teruskan la
inside nanti it makes more sense
baca masa kecik lain..so much time
so patient

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2018 12:57 AM | Show all posts
shernazz replied at 10-12-2018 12:35 PM
Alamak
Kena baca ni..
Iols slalu tgk iklan kat hypptv flick plus je dolu .

reading it is much much better shernazz
lain sikit lah sebab u baca as a mother
if u baca semasa you remaja, u akan dapat pandangan berbeza

if u baca dari sudut org yg wealthy, sebagaimana cerita ini diportray kan, u akan rasa frustrated

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2018 12:58 AM | Show all posts
kucingitam replied at 10-12-2018 04:46 PM
tgk movie yang dilakonkan oleh Leornado Di Caprio.

Best gila.. memang menusuk macam aku sendiri  ...

sy tak tgk both of the movies
tapi ramai kata cam tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-12-2018 01:10 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 10-12-2018 04:55 PM
dikatakan based on real life experience
''based'' ni, byk jugak stretching nye, esp di zaman ini

in that movie the song will you still love me is so intense..i am speechless the love between gatsby and daisy..cuma it is sad endingnya..yet again hmmm De Caprio played his role superbly. Sampai kini boleh ingat the face and intensity and all that nerve-wracking moments.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-12-2018 01:24 AM | Show all posts
adila39 replied at 11-12-2018 01:10 AM
in that movie the song will you still love me is so intense..i am speechless the love between gats ...

iya?
hmm... i takut that if i tgk the movie, 1978 or this one, that i will be disappointed dan ter-ubah my imagination of the book and its plot. i am sure i got it right the first time, all those years ago

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2018 04:48 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 11-12-2018 01:24 AM
iya?
hmm... i takut that if i tgk the movie, 1978 or this one, that i will be disappointed dan te ...

Movie always spoil the book.
X yah tgk la.
Neway i rase filem adaptasi novel yg g bagus dr novel tu sdri hanya lasykar pelangi.
I read first n watch the movie later.
The movie mesmerize me.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2018 07:01 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by adila39 at 10-12-2018 11:29 PM
noraidil_06 replied at 10-12-2018 08:48 PM
Movie always spoil the book.
X yah tgk la.
Neway i rase filem adaptasi novel yg g bagus dr novel ...

it can be true, but everybody has their own way to penetrate how they look into it. And why most great storys adapted to movies? becoz they are people demands on it babe..and yes movie depa will exaggerated further and edit originality , screenplay most of all. But ending usually sama as what written. But the world is fascinated by the role played tu de cap and i lupa nama actor perempuan.

Most great movies dari buku juga. So xkan lari dua benda ni ya puan nora. But yes its a choice but again masing2 punya preference la.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 04:58 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083412 second(s), 58 queries .