CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 6760|Reply: 89

[Tempatan] Tarikan Terbaru di Perak, Rumah Lat's The Kampung Boy

[Copy link]
Post time 6-6-2020 12:39 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Lat standing beside Rumah Lat Dan Galeri, a project near Ipoh in Perak that has been delayed by the pandemic outbreak. A launch date will be announced in the coming months. Photo: Handout

Remember the house in Lat’s beloved graphic novel The Kampung Boy?

The actual house in Batu Gajah, Perak, is long gone, but a reconstructed version – located some 30 minutes away from the village the artist grew up in – will be open to the public later this year.

It was supposed to launch in July but the pandemic outbreak has scuppered those plans.

When it eventually opens, Rumah Lat Dan Galeri, on the outskirts of Ipoh, will offer a glimpse into the life of renowned Malaysian cartoonist Datuk Mohammad Nor Khalid, better known as Lat.

At Lat’s house, you can travel back in time, complete with various odds and ends from his childhood as well as furniture, mostly from the pre-World War II era.

This includes a dressing table, a set of table and chairs “so heavy that you need two people to lift each one”, a framed mirror, a rack for hanging clothes and a cupboard he remembered from his childhood that ended up as storage space for his beloved vinyl records and shirts when he about 19.

Also read: Malaysian-born comics creator dreams up a world of words that come to life

The cover of Lat’s 'The Kampung Boy' graphic novel, first published in 1979.
The cover of Lat’s 'The Kampung Boy' graphic novel, first published in 1979.

“I put a lock on that cupboard because my housemates would look through my records and even wear my shirts when I wasn’t home. These were among my prized possessions at that time, you save up for ages to buy records and my shirts were really very nice because I believed in looking dashing at that age, ” says Lat with a laugh as he recalls this memory.

Lat, 69, is looking forward to having visitors come to Rumah Lat, describing it as a very personal project, which has been supported by the Perak state government.

“I drew the house from memory for The Kampung Boy. When you are nine, you remember every single detail and I have very fond memories from those times. There was no electricity and no water, but to a kid, it was a big treat to grow up in the kampung, ” he says.

The idea for The Kampung Boy, first published in 1979, came from his travels to the United States, when he realised that many people didn’t know Malaysia. Inspired by his childhood, the book tells stories set in a typical Malaysian kampung. Rumah Lat is modelled after that same house.

Lat hopes that Rumah Lat will stand tall and proud for years to come, capturing a sense of history and nostalgia for the current generation, and beyond, to appreciate.

At the gallery, expect to see a selection of works spanning some four decades of Lat’s career, dating back to 1964. For fans who have been following his work for decades, it will be great to get reacquainted with his signature drawings and illustrations of everyday Malaysian scenes.

“I am very excited to show all of this to people. It will be a familiar sight to the older ones, but I think it will be something new and interesting to some of the younger generation. As much as I am enjoying putting this project together, at the end of the day it is not for me – it is for the future, ” he concludes.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-6-2020 02:33 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Wah menariknya
Hopefully projek ni berjaya

Suka kartun lat ni
Die ade signature style
Kdg die promote msia dgn kartun2 die
Sekali tgk je dh tau ni karya lat

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 03:12 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Rindunya kampung aku dekat bota tu.....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 03:20 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by jerukkedondong at 6-6-2020 03:24 AM
Kurex replied at 6-6-2020 03:12 AM
Rindunya kampung aku dekat bota tu.....

Rex..Bota kiri ke Bota Kanan ..hihi
6/6 9pm TV 1 ada cerita Heri Bota..
Jgn lupa tgk ye rex

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 04:14 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sangat bagus usaha ni... lagipun aku rasa generasi bebudak sekarang banyak yang tak tau pasal Lat sebab diorang mostly membesar dengan gadget, dan tak kenal dengan komik lat macam zaman kita budak2 dulu.. dan aku harap projek ni dapat sambutan, sebab dulu ada company yang buka restoran Lat's Place di Johor, tapi beberapa tahun je dah tutup...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 04:35 AM | Show all posts
sukanya kartun ni dulu2 dekat astro... opening dia yang catchy.. storyline dia yang best.... especially bila mat kena sumpah jadi kecik tu naik opah jadi labi babi...

tapi maps tu pun melingkup harap2 yang ni pun tak lingkup jugak la

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-6-2020 04:35 AM | Show all posts
teringat opah jadi labi babi bawak mat pulang

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 04:39 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Seacuan dgn mamat khalid, the director....

Dah nama pun adik beradik kheunz?

heeeeeeee

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-6-2020 06:14 AM | Show all posts
tak sabo nak jjcm kat perak lepas habis pkp.. yeay...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 06:41 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ingat Mat Kampung Boy ni mmg watak mamat khalid

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 06:53 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Harap projek ni berjaya

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 08:49 AM | Show all posts
sepatutnya dah lama kena buat ni.instead buat maps bangang tu

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 08:58 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
jerukkedondong replied at 6-6-2020 03:20 AM
Rex..Bota kiri ke Bota Kanan ..hihi
6/6 9pm TV 1 ada cerita Heri Bota..
Jgn lupa tgk ye rex

Kanan.. nak tgk sebab hero dia.... Aummm

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 09:43 AM | Show all posts
Harap2 cepat siap sebab ramai suka tengok benda2 macam ni bukan hanya orang Malaysia tapi juga pelancong luar

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 09:47 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Perak ni antara negeri yg pd i best nk g visit,  haha pdhal xde sdare pon kat sane,  tapi i suke environment perak ni,  ntah xtau camne nk ckp.  Cpt la hbs pandemik ni nk g makan kat ipohhhhh nk g rumah lat niiih

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 10:08 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kena buat mcm sekampung gitu..sbb si mat suka pi berjln dgn kengkawan dia...aku siap beli kampung boy tu...and kena ads aktiviti jgk..takleh pegun gitu...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-6-2020 10:33 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
nipskacang replied at 6-6-2020 09:47 AM
Perak ni antara negeri yg pd i best nk g visit,  haha pdhal xde sdare pon kat sane,  tapi i suke env ...

Ye ke. Forumer yang suke pusin2 perak meh la singgah umah iols di bandar unesco heritage

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 10:38 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Iols beli komik kampung boy edisi terhad kat mph. Besar gak komik tu macam album. Ayah iols pun beli tau komik kampung boy. Kalau jumpa kat mana2 mesti iols baca..reminiscene of the old

Kampung kek Perak jenis rumah sebiji saiz kecil kat tanah yang luas. Biasa orang datang membawang 10 minit je pastu nak balik dah. Kitorang jarang lepak2 rumah bestie. Suka bercekau tapi kuat kunjung mengunjung

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-6-2020 10:44 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
nipskacang replied at 6-6-2020 09:47 AM
Perak ni antara negeri yg pd i best nk g visit,  haha pdhal xde sdare pon kat sane,  tapi i suke env ...

Sebab Perak ni tak banyak arus pembangunan..pembangunan Lembah Klang semua ditarik ke Negeri Sembilan dan Melaka.

Tapi negeri NI banyak khazanah sebab Perak pernah jadi negeri paling maju di Malaya sebelum zaman merdeka dulu. Selepas kejatuhan zaman lombong Bijih timah Terus merudum ekonomi Perak....orang Perak kebanyakan ya kerja luar dari negeri Perak lepastu.

Banyak jugalah rumah pusaka ditinggalkan....Aku pernah jumpa orang jual barang terpakai Kat Bangi...mostly barang yang dia jual tu datang dari negeri Perak.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2020 10:53 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KIM.K replied at 6-6-2020 10:33 AM
Ye ke. Forumer yang suke pusin2 perak meh la singgah umah iols di bandar unesco heritage

Wah... Kaka Kim Perak ya. Sepp sikit

Mai2 forummers datang ke Perak. Nak2 plak datang musim durian. Enjoice

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

25-5-2024 11:20 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.332142 second(s), 48 queries .