CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3340|Reply: 7

Blackwater Photographer Captures A Young Octopus With A Transparent Head ...

[Copy link]
Post time 14-12-2020 02:28 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by ip_lepαt at 14-12-2020 02:26 AM

Blackwater Photographer Captures A Young Octopus With A Transparent Head, And You Can Even See Its Brain

Rokas Laurinavičius and Denis Tymulis
We humans have successfully photographed a black hole, landed rovers on Mars, and sent spacecraft to the dark side of the moon. However, our very own planet remains one of the last unknown frontiers – one that is deceptively familiar, too.

The ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering over 70 percent of the planet’s surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting life. Throughout history, the ocean has been a vital source of transport, commerce, growth, and inspiration.

But more than 80% of the ocean remains unexplored.

Drawn by this mystery, Taipei-based photographer Wu Yung-sen has been shooting underwater for years.

More info: Facebook / 500px

During a recent dive, underwater photographer Wu Yung-sen had a rare opportunity to shoot a larval Wunderpus octopus

The incredible images highlight just how delicate this creature is; the baby’s transparent body allows an observer to even see its brain

The Wunderpus is important to not only photographers, but dive tourism and home aquarium trades as well

However, little is known of its life history and behavior, as the species was discovered in the 1980s and only officially described in 2006

Wu Yung-sen’s portfolio has a lot of other cool creatures too

I heard about blackwater photography during a conversation with my friends and I immediately started working in this unique field,” Wu Yung-sen told Bored Panda. “First of all, you must learn the characteristics of blackwater creatures. Then you have to understand which areas are suitable for this activity, how to attract blackwater creatures, and how to keep yourself safe.

Wu Yung-sen said that after one completes all the above,everything basically boils down to luck. “I come back with nothing from most ofmy shoots.”

“My shooting depth is usually about 15-30 meters (50-100feet), because the movement range of blackwater creatures is around 5 to 2000meters (16 to 6,500 feet),” the photographer explained. “I can’t go any deeperthan 45 meters (147 feet) because of the limitation of [my] diving equipment.”

“I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared in the dark. However, the desire to find these strange creatures gave me the power to overcome fear,” the photographer said

When it comes to actually pulling off the desired shot, WuYung-sen said the most difficult thing to control is the reflection ofsuspended particles matter in water. “If the position of the underwaterflashlight is wrong then the subject will not be sharp enough.”

“Getting the correct light will reduce the reflection ofsuspended particles and the subject will stand out in the photo. In addition,most of the blackwater creatures are transparent, and the eye area is easy tooverexpose.”

“For underwater photographers, capturing blackwatercreatures is a privilege”

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-12-2020 02:28 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2020 02:52 AM | Show all posts

gambar kaki dia tu macam batu permata

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-12-2020 04:15 AM | Show all posts
trunks replied at 14-12-2020 02:52 AM
gambar kaki dia tu macam batu permata

mahal klu jual tu

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2020 04:26 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Cantiknya. Itulah misteri alam

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2020 06:28 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hidupan dasar laut mmg pelik dan cantik.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-12-2020 08:35 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Tgk sotong, rasa lapo pula

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2020 08:49 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Gambar di post #2 tu..gmbr ke 8... Muka squidward pulak

Cantik2 gmbr yg diambil

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 04:43 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071049 second(s), 35 queries .