CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: aenemy

Bible:- Canon of the Bible..

[Copy link]
Post time 21-1-2005 12:23 AM | Show all posts
This is an article discussing about the modern version bible and the King James version....:hmm:

the "Dark Secret of the Bible" i guess....:ah:

( http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/rlister/bible/mbds.htm )

MODERN BIBLES -The Dark Secret
by Pastor Jack Moorman

"Thou shalt keep them (the very words of God), O LORD,
thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
(Psalm 12:7)

All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

WOULD IT MAKE a difference if you knew that the New Testament of your Modern Bible did not have First and Second Peter? Yet if the total number of missing words were added up, this is how much shorter the modern translations are than the King James Version. Is it a cause for concern if the names of Christ are missing 175 times, or if the word "hell" is not found in the Old Testament, or if key doctrinal passages have been diminished? And, the biggest shock of all! Is it possible that the most basic and blatant of all early heresies concerning the Person of Christ has been given a "new lease on life" through the Modern Versions? That these things are so, with the reasons why, are set forth in the following pages.

Many have gone over to the new Bibles without realizing that much, much more is involved than the question of modern English. The entire fabric has been affected! The underlying text is substantially different. The philosophy and methodology of the translators is in marked contrast to that of the Authorized Version. The English of the new versions is assumed at first to be "easier," but whether it is actually more readable, authoritative, and conducive to meditation, study, and memorization is quite another matter.

From 1611 until recently there was really only one Bible in the English speaking world. The AV became the Standard in that empire upon which the sun never set, and in that language which is the primary vehicle of international discourse. It penetrated the world's continents and brought multitudes to saving faith in Christ. It became the impetus of the great missionary movements. Through it men and women heard the call to world evangelization. It was the source of the greatesl revivals since the days of the Apostles. Street preachers, colporters, church planters. Sunday School teachers, and tract distributors took the King James Bible into teeming cities and across country lanes. It was the high water mark in the history of the Gospel's spread. But sadly, we all have a tendency to put aside the good and substitute something of lesser quality. And so, during the last century the call for a revised Bible began to be heard. For the most part -- at least in the beginning -- the call did not come from fervent Bible believers, but rather from those who were leaning toward theological liberalism. These were men who often felt comfortable with German rationalism, Darwin, and the back-to-Rome movement.

The first major revision was published in 1881. After the initial excitement there was little public support. The same response greeted the American (ASV) edition in 1901. Others followed: Weymouth, Williams, Moffat, Beck, Goodspeed, Twentieth Century, but still with little impact. But then in 1952 came the Revised Standard Version, produced with the backing of the liberal National Council of Churches in the U.S.A. The pace now quickened; public acceptance began to rise. Others followed: The New English, Amplified, Berkley, Phillips, Wuest, Living, New American, Good News, Jerusalem, New International, New King James. Each came with the promise that it was based on the earliest manuscripts and the latest scholarship, and that God's Word would now be more easily understood.

Taking up this last point, it is interesting to see the names given to a number of twentieth century versions -- The Authentic New Testament, The N.T. in Plain English, the N.T. in Basic English, The Simplified N.T. in Plain English for Today's Reader, Inspired Letters of the N.T. in Clearest English!! And then a number of the revisions have been revised: The New Revised Standard Version, the New Berkley Version, The New (that's right!) Jerusalem Bible. There have been at least seventy modern Bibles published this century.

Now, frankly, after seventy attempts to replace the Authorized Version, one cannot help wonder whether God wants it replaced! This conviction is strengthened when we note that believers do not seem to study the modern versions as they once did the AV. They are not marked up and study worn. Passages are seldom memorized. Preachers do not quote verses from the NIV in the pulpit as they once did the AV. Nor is expository preaching and doctrinal study emphasized as it once was. What is more, the issue of authority has been undermined. "What does the Bible say," has been replaced by an anemic, "How does this version render the passage." And then, is it a coincidence that this multiplication of versions comes at the same time as the tongues, prophecies, and extra biblical revelations of the charismatic movement? Thus, it may be rightly asked, where are we to go to hear God's Word today?

Relatively few words in the King James Version would fall into the category of "Old English." This is not nearly so great a problem as is claimed. It is doubtful that more than twenty words would cause a problem, and here the dictionary will quickly give the meaning. It seems strange that with the great increase of knowledge, people should have trouble with the "Thee's" and "Thou's" of the Authorized Version.

Of course, the great "problem" with the Bible is the fact that it is the Bible! It cannot be read like other books. Unless the Author is known by personal faith in the Finished Work of Jesus Christ on the Cross it will not be understood or appreciated. No amount of translational skill or modern English idiom can cross that divide. It must be read with a submissive heart to God.

The following is intended to show that whatever help a modern version may seem at first to give in updating the language, the price paid in missing words, phrases, verses, lack of reverence and doctrinal perspicuity, readability, and... the almost certain reintroduction of an ancient heresy, is simply too great.

The Modern Bibles have several basic characteristics. What is said about one can usually be said about another. As the New International Version is the current bestseller we will use it as a representative of the others in comparisons with the King James Version.

I. KEY PASSAGES MISSING
The first list is a sampling of the kind of passage that is often missing from the Modern Bibles. These omissions often diminish basic doctrines. The New International Version which we have used as a representative has somewhat fewer omissions than, for example, the New American Standard, Revised Standard, New English, Good News, etc. But even here the deletions are quite considerable and noteworthy. This will become increasingly evident when we look at the second list which gives the Names of Deity that have been omitted. By placing the two translations together, you can come to your own conclusion as to whether the NIV has the same sense of authority, reverence, and readability as the KJV.

KJV Compared to the NIV
Matthew 1:25

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son... (KJV)

But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. (NIV)

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you: (KJV)

But I tell you; Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (NIV)

Matthew 6:13

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever. Amen. (KJV)

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. (NIV)

Matthew 9:13

...for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (KJV)

...For I have not come to call the righteous but sinners. (NIV)

Matthew 15:8

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (KJV)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-1-2005 12:24 AM | Show all posts
These people honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. (NIV)

Matthew 16:3

O Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky, but can ye not discern the signs of the times? (KJV)

You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. (NIV)

Matthew 17:21

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. (KJV)

[missing in NIV]

Matthew 19:9

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. (KJV)

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness and marries another woman commits adultery. (NIV)

Matthew 20:16

So the last shall be first and the first last: for many be called but few chosen. (KJV)

So the last will be first, and the first will be last. (NIV)

Matthew 20:22

But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?... (KJV)

Ye don't know what you are asking, Jesus said to them. Can you drink the cup I am going to drink? (NIV)

Matthew 23:14

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. (KJV)

[missing in NIV]

Matthew 27:35

And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments amongst them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots. (KJV)

When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots. (NIV)

Matthew 28:2

...for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. (KJV)

...for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. (NIV)

Matthew 28:9

And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them saying, All... (KJV)

Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said .... (NIV)

For the sake of space, we continue now by showing only the missing phrases.

Mark--

1:14 Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God.
1:31 ... and immediately the fever left her...
2:17 ... I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
6:11 ... shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
7:8 Ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
7:16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
10:21 ... come, take up the cross. and follow me.
10:24 ... Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God.
11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet...
13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray:
14:68 And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

Luke--

1:28 ... the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
2:43 Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan:
9:54 Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
9:55 But he turned and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of
11:2-4 When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done. as in heaven. so in earth... but deliver us from evil
11:29 ... they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it but the sign of Jonas the prophet
17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left
22:31 And the Lord said. Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you

22:64 And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face...
23:17 For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast
23:38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek. and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

John--

1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me...
3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven
5:3-4 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water, For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had
6:47 He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
11:41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid...
17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name...

Acts--

10:6 ... he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do
20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God,
24:6-8 Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law. But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands, Commanding his accusers to come unto thee:
24:15 ... there shall be a resurrection of the dead both of the just and unjust.
28:16 And when we came to Rome, the centurion delivered the prisoners to the captain of the guard:
28:29 And when he had said these words. the Jews departed and had great reasoning among themselves

Romans--

1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness...
9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth
10:15 How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace...
13:9 ... Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness...
14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day. to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord. for he giveth God thanks:
14:21 ... whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended. or is made weak
15:29 I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2005 12:29 AM | Show all posts
1 Corinthians--

5:7 For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us.
7:5 ... that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer;
7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth;
11:24 Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you:

Galatians--

3:1 ... who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth...
Ephesians--

5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord...

Philipplans--

3:16 Let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Colossians--

1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood...
3:6 ... the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience.

2 Thessalonians--

1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God.

1 Timothy--

1:17 ... immortal, invisible, the only wise God.
4:12 ... in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
6:5 ... destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy--

1:11 I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Philemon--

1:12 Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him...

Hebrews--

1:3 ... when he had by himself purged our sins,
2:7 ... thou crownedst him with glory and honour and didst set him over the works of thy hands.
7:21 Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
10:34 ... knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

1 Peter--

4:1 Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh.
4:14 ... on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Peter--

2:17 ... to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

1 John--

2:7 The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

Jude--

25 To the only wise God our Saviour...

Revelation--

2:13 I Know thy works, and where thou dwellest...
6:1 ... one of the four beasts saying Come and see, Also in verses 3, 5 and 7.
11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come...
12:12 Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea...
16:17 there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven...
21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

None of the underlined words are in the text of the New International Version (1978 edition). Occasional reference is made to omitted passages in footnotes. Many of the passages which the NIV does include but are omitted by the other modern versions are given a footnote expressing doubt.

II. Names of Christ Missing
THE DARK SECRET
It is this fact of omitted Sacred Names which has often caused the first doubts over the Modern Bibles. Names of Deity are missing and they are missing frequently! The totals of such omissions in two of the most popular versions -- The New American Standard and The New International -- are tabulated below. Where these Names are in combination, they have been counted separately.

NASV NIV
Jesus  73 36
Christ  43 44
Lord  35 35
God  33 31
Other Names  30 30

Total missing Names  214 176

KJV Compared to the NIV with respect to Names of Deity
Matthew 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness...(KJV)

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness... (NIV)

Matthew 8:29

And behold, they cried out saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? (KJV)

What do you want with us, Son of God? they shouted... (NIV)

Matthew 13:36

Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him... (KJV)

Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him (NIV)

Matthew 13:51

Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. (KJV)

Have you understood all these things? Jesus asked. Yes, they replied. (NIV)

Matthew 15:30

And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: (KJV)

Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the dumb and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. (NIV)

Matthew 16:20

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2005 12:31 AM | Show all posts
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ. (KJV)

Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ. (NIV)

Matthew 17:20

And Jesus said unto them, because of your unbelief... (KJV)

He replied, "Because you have so little faith... (NIV)

Matthew 18:2

And Jesus called a little child unto him... (KJV)

He called a little child (NIV)

Matthew 18:11

For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. (KJV)

[missing in the NIV]

Matthew 19:17

And he said unto him, Why Callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God: (KJV)

"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good..." (NIV)

Matthew 21:12

And Jesus went into the temple of God and cast out all them that sold and bought... (KJV)

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there... (NIV)

Matthew 22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (KJV)
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. (NIV)

Matthew 22:32

...God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. (KJV)

...He is not the God of the dead but of the living. (NIV)

Matthew 23:8

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ... (KJV)

"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi', for you have only one Master..." (NIV)
Matthew 24:2

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another... (KJV)

"Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another..." (NIV)

Matthew 25:13

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. (KJV)

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. (NIV)

Matthew 28:6

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. (KJV)

He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. (NIV)

The list continues by showing only the missing names:

Mark--

5:13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave...
6:33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew him, and ran afoot thither out of all cities, and outwent them, and came together unto him.
7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled...
9:24 The father of the child cried out, and said with tears. Lord...
11:10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord...
11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee...
11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living...
14:45 ... and saith, Master, master, and kissed him.

Luke--

2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit...
4:4 ... man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God...
4:41 Thou art Christ the Son of God.
7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way...
7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation?
9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
9:57 Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God...
13:25 Lord, Lord open to us;
21:4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God...
22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon...
23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2005 12:32 AM | Show all posts
John--

4:16 JESUS saith unto her, Go, call thy husband...
4:42 ... and know that this is indeed the Christ. the Saviour of the world.
4:46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee...
5:30 ... because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me...
6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
8:20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury.
8:29 ... the Father hath not left me alone...
9:35 Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
16:16 ... a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
19:38 He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.

Acts--

2:30 ... according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.
3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus...
4:24 Lord, thou art God...
7:30 ... there appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sina an angel of the Lord...
7:32 I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
7:37 A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me; him shall ye hear.
8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
9:5-6 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise...
9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus...
15:11 ... through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christand thou shalt be saved...
19:4 ... that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
19:10 ... so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus.
20:21 ... repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
20:25 ... among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God.
22:16 ... wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
23:9 ... let us not fight against God.

Romans--

1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ.
6:11 ... alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord...
15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision...
15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God...
16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ...
16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

1 Corinthians--

1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you...
5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together...
5:5 ... that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6:20 ... glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
9:1 ... have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord?
9:18 Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge...
10:28 ... for the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.
15:47 ... the second man is the Lord from heaven.
16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema...
16:23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

2 Corinthians--

4:6 ... the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus...
5:18 ... hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ...
10:7 ... that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.
11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...

Galatians--

3:17 ... the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ.
4:7 ... heir of God through Christ.
6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing...
6:17 ... I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Ephesians--

3:9 ... God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.
3:14 ... I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
5:9 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness...
Philippians--

4:13 I can do all things through Christ...

Colossians--

1:2 ... peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1:28 ... that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.
2:2 ... to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

1 Thessalonians--

1:1 ... peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2:19 ... in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
3:11 Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ...
3:13 ... at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

2 Thessalonians--

1:8 ... that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified
2:4 ... so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God...

1 Timothy--

1:1 ... and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope...
2:7 ... speak the truth in Christ, and lie not...
3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh...
5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ...

2 Timothy--

4:1 I charge thee therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ...
4:22 The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit...

Titus--

1:4 ... from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Philemon--

6 ... every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2005 12:37 AM | Show all posts
Hebrews--

3:1 ... the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus.
10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God...
10:30 ... I will recompence, saith the Lord...

1 Peter--

1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit...
5:10 ... who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus...
5:14 ... Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

1 John--

1:7 ... the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God...
4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God...
5:7-8 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
5:13 ... and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2 John--

3 ... and from the Lord Jesus Christ...
9 ... He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Jude--

4 ... denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation--

1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending...
1:9 ... the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ... and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last...
5:14 ... the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
12:17 .. and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
14:5 ... they are without fault before the throne of God.
16:5 ... Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be...
19:1 ... glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God.
20:9 ... and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God...
21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes...
22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Defenders of the modern versions have sought to minimize the fact of these missing Names of Deity. Dr. Homer Kent, president of the well-known Grace Theological Seminary is typical. He says in his tract "The King James Only?" "One common objection...is that in a relatively few cases the names "Christ" and "Lord" are omitted when referring to Jesus." Whatever arguments one might attempt to raise, the above evidence demonstrates that these Names are missing more than in a "relatively few cases"!

But, what has been shown above is only part of the story and introduces us now to the darkest secret in this entire Modern Version controversy.

ADOPTIANISM: The Dark Secret Behind the Text of the Modern Versions
By scanning the above list certain trends or patterns begin to appear. For example:

The Name "Jesus" is frequently disassociated from the titles "Lord" and "Christ." Whereas in the AV we will read "Jesus Christ" or the "Lord Jesus Christ," in the Modern Versions "Jesus" is often made to stand alone or not at all. ln fact, our Savior's full title "Lord Jesus Christ" is found 84 times in 81 verses in the AV and only 60 times in 60 verses in the NIV, 62 times in 62 verses in the NRSV, and 63 times in 63 verses in the RSV. A noticeable difference is clearly apparent!

The name "Jesus" is frequently removed from statements of Deity and works of Deity.

Looking, for example, at Matthew and Mark, Jesus is removed from

Matthew:

4:12 -- the prophecy of the great light (12-16).
4:18 -- the call to discipleship (18-22).
4:23 -- the miracle working ministry in Galilee (23-25).
8:29 -- association with the title "thou Son of God."
12:25 -- the healing of the blind and dumb demoniac (22-30).
13:36 -- the interpretation of "wheat and tares" (36-43).
13:51 -- association with the title "Lord" (which is also removed).
14:14 -- the immediate account of a miracle.
14:22, 25, 27 -- much of the account of walking on the sea.
15:16 -- the discourse about defilement (10-20).
15:30 -- the immediate account of a miracle.
16:20 -- association with the title "the Christ."

Mark:

l:41 -- the immediate account of a miracle.
5:13 -- the immediate account of a miracle.
5:19 -- association with the title "Lord."
6:34 -- the "feeding of the 5,000" (32-44).
7:27 -- the healing of the Syrophenician woman's daughter (24-30).
8:1 -- the "feeding of the 4,000" (1-9).
8:17 -- the discourse concerning leaven (14-21).
11:14 -- the "cursing of the fig tree" ( 12-14).
1 l:15 -- the "cleansing of the Temple" ( 15-19).
12:41 -- the account of the widow's mite (41-44).
14:22 -- the account of the Last Supper (22-25).

In our larger book, Early Manuscripts and the Authorized Version, eighty-six examples of this disassociation are listed

What Lies Behind This Separation?
This separation of "Jesus" from "Christ" occurs far too often to look for any cause other than deliberate editing in certain N.T. manuscripts. That there was a strong movement in the early centuries which could result in such a systematic editing, there can be no doubt! The foremost error regarding the Person of Christ, is of course, to deny His true Deity and true Humanity. The chief means by which this was done, and which finds expression down to our own day, is technically known as "Adoptianism" or "Spirit Christology." Here: Jesus of Nazareth, an ordinary man of unusual virtue, was "adopted" by God into divine Sonship by the advent of the "Christ-Spirit" at His baptism. Therefore, Jesus became Christ at His baptism, rather than, the fact that He was always the Christ from eternity. And though united for a time, Jesus and Christ were separate personages. Many names and groups are associated with this wicked teaching, foremost of whom were the Gnostics. The liberal J. N. D. Kelly writes:

There was a great variety of Gnostic systems, but a common pattern ran through them all. From the pleroma, or spiritual world of aeons the divine Christ descended and united Himself for a time (according to Ptolemy, between the baptism and the passion) to the historical personage ... These were tendencies on the fringe, yet Gnosticism at any rate came within an ace of swamping the central tradition (Early Christian Doctrines, London: Adam & Charles Black, 1958, pp. 141,142).

Ponder carefully Kelly's statement about how near this came to "swamping the central tradition"! In the Summaries we will be looking more closely at Egypt; but notice for now that Kelly's mention of Ptolemy and Gnosticism takes us to that city which gave such force and rise to the Gnostic error -- Alexandria. Now we understand why the Bible closes with a fourfold warning:

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?" (1 Jn. 2:22).
"Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God; and this is that spirit of anti-christ" (1 Jn. 4:2, 3).
"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" (1 Jn. 5:1).
"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh: This is a deceiver and an antichrist" (2 Jn. 7).

This terrible heresy has found expression in a number of ways down through the centuries, and it has been given a new lease on life through the Modern Versions. This then is the Dark Secret!

By the way,this is just the 1st page,go here for 2nd Page ,and here for http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/rlister/bible/mbds3.htm

Allah Knows Best,Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-1-2005 12:48 AM | Show all posts
aenemy7,

All the answers you seek are in here -> http://www.muslimhope.com/bibleanswers.htm

Happy reading.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2005 01:19 AM | Show all posts
Hmmm, a debater from texas the land of George Bush(33rd degree masons)....i suspect the debater was a zionist christian funded by the freemasons under illuminati!!!well i will try to read his answer but i believe he also will failed to answer it because there are to many contradictions with each other,there's no way he can denied it...that's why many become an atheist there in Salt Lake City,Phoenix...etc!!!!

Allah Knows Best,Peace Yall...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-1-2005 02:37 AM | Show all posts
This Q&A discuss about the term "holy spirit", taken from;

( http://www.islamonline.net/askab ... sp?hquestionID=4987 )

Name: Pavao   - United States
Topic: Faith & Practice  
Title: What is the Holy Spirit?  
Question:

Greetings and peace be upon you,

I am a new Muslim convert, and having come from a Christian family. I am still very much confused about the Holy spirit issue.

I know that the Holy Spirit is mentioned in the Holy Qur’an in Surahs 2:87, 2:253, 5:110, and 16:102. And, the Bible makes it a requirement to believe in the Holy Spirit, in order to enter Heaven (the context of John 3: 4-6).

Can you shed some light upon this issue for me?

Date  2004/12/19   

Name of Consultant: Nabil Haroun  

Salam, Pavao.

Thank you for your question.

Since you are a new revert from Christianity, back to Islam - the true message of the One and Only God; Allah Almighty, you need to know that monotheism was the message of all prophets. Abraham, Moses and Jesus were all monotheists.

Jesus, even in the present versions of the Bible, repeatedly proclaimed and asserted the Oneness of Allah. He never claimed to be God or Son of God, nor did he refer to a triune god of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The word “Trinity” is not found anywhere in the whole Bible. Did’nt Jesus (peace be upon him) say:

“The first of all commandments is, Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is One Lord.” (Mark 12:29)

Read also: “Jesus said to him: ‘Away from me. Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and Him only.’” (Matthew 4:10)

Other emphatic expressions of monotheism are abound in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. Read for example:

“And God spoke all these words: ‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 1:3 and Deuteronomy 5:7)

Some Christians consider the statement in the first Epistle of John (5:7-8) as a reference to Trinity. It reads, according to the old King James version (1611 AC) of the Bible:

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water and the blood: and these three agree.”

However, this text was radically changed in the revised editions of 1946 and 1952 to read:

“For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.”

A footnote it is mentioned: “And there are three that testify on earth.” This is not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century.

Deviations from the pure doctrines of Jesus and all prophets before him started with Paul, who never met Jesus. Paul was the first to claim the Godhead and divine sonship of Jesus, as well as his resurrection. Yet, the disciples and the early Christian generations were unitarians. They resisted the efforts of Paul and his followers to change both the faith and law of Moses and Jesus, and, later, many of them were tortured for holding to their faith.

Trinity was imposed for the first time, as an official creed of the Roman Empire, by Emperor Theodosius in the year 381 AC. The motive was mainly political, to save the Roman Empire by putting an end to the split between the Unitarian Christians and the Trinitarians, a split that persisted even after the Council of Nicea in 325 AC adopted the Pauline doctrines deifying Jesus as son of God.

Trinity, subsequently endorsed by the Council of Constantinople in 381 AC, attracted those who found in it a compromise between their original pagan beliefs and Christianity. Trinity was an invention of Athnasius of Alexandria in the 4th century after Jesus departure.

It is a coinage of the Pauline doctrine with pagan beliefs of the ancient world. For example, in Egypt: Horus, Isis and Osiris, in India: Brahma, Siva and Visnu, as well as the Greekmyths of people who are sons of the “Holy Ghost” (Apollo).
Other influences of the pagan beleifs was the change of Sabbath holiday to the Roman Sun-day, and to change Christmas to 25th December, the birthday of the Roman Sun-god, Mithra. So the concepts of Trinity and the Holy Ghost or Spirit were, in fact, a pagan invention that neither Jesus nor the early Christians ever accepted or advocated.

To properly understand what does the Holy Ghost really mean, both in the Bible and in the Qur’an, we find in (Matthew 1: 18):

“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise; when as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”

If we compare this with a similar narration of Luke:

“And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.” (Luke 1:26-27)

We can readily see that the Holy Ghost mentioned in Matthew 1: 18 is himself the angel Gabriel. The Qur’an confirms the same in Surah 19, verses 17 - 19:
*{We sent to her [Mary] Our ruuh [angel Gabriel], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects. … [The angel] said: “I am only a messenger from your Lord, [to announce] to you the gift of a righteous son.}*

The angel Gabriel is the same angel sent with divine messages and support of Allah to his prophets. The Qur’an says in Surah 16: 102 that:
*{Say [O Muhammad]: Ruh-ul-Qudus (Spirit of Holiness, i.e. Gabriel) has brought it [the Qur’an] down from your Lord with truth, that it may make firm and strengthen [the faith of] those who believe, and as a guidance and glad tidings to those who have submitted [to Allah as Muslims].}*

The same was the context of Surah 2, verse 87, which says that:
*{And indeed, We gave Moses the Book and followed him with a succession of messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Gabriel].}*

Also Surah 2, verse 253 says that:
*{And to Jesus the son of Mary, We gave clear proofs and evidences, and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Gabriel].}*

Then Surah 5, verse 110 says that:
*{[Remember] when Allah will say [on the Day of Resurrection], “O Jesus son of Mary! Remember My favor to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Gabriel] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity, and when I taught you writing, al-hikmah (the power of understanding), the Tawrah (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).”}*

The same role of the Holy Spirit (Gabriel), as a messenger and a supporter from Allah, can be understood from Matthew 1: 18 and Luke 1: 26-27 above, as well as other biblical citations, e.g. in (Hebrews 5: 7):

“And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him”.

See also:

“For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.” (Luke 1: 15)

Also read:

“For he (Barnabas) was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith, and much people was added unto the Lord.” (Acts 11: 24)

See as well:

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.” (Acts 5: 32)

To conclude, why should you confuse yourself with a quotation from the Gospel of John (John 3:4-6), when many Christian theologians suggest that this particular gospel was intentionally written to advocate the false claim of the divinity and divine sonship of Jesus?

Two verses of the Qur’an would summarize the arguments elucidated above. Surah 4, verse 171 saying that:
*{ O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, was [no more than] a messenger of Allah and His word [“be” and he was] which He bestowed to Mary and a spirit [ruh] created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: “Three [Trinity]! Cease! [it is] better for you. For Allah is (the Only) One ilah (god), glory is to Him [Far Exalted is He] above having a son.}*

Also Surah 2, verse 79 saying that:
*{Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, “This is from Allah,” to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby.}*

To read more on the issues of Trinity and the Holy Ghost you can refer to:

Oneness of God, the Ultimate Solution to the Trinitarian Controversy - by M. U. P. Mababaya, International Islamic Publishing House.

Is the Trinity Doctrine Divinely Inspired? - by M. A. C. Cave, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.

Jesus, A Prophet of Islam - by M. Ata ur-Rahim, International Islamic Publishing House.
Thank you again for your question and please keep in touch.

Salam.

Allah Knows Best,Peace Yall.....

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2005 02:04 AM | Show all posts
suicide????:hmm:

( http://www.answering-christianity.com/mark16.htm )

A dangerous forgery was inserted at the end of the so-called "Gospel of Mark"
By
Abdul Haleem

One of the "endings" of Mark - the one translated in the King James Bible and other English translations of the Bible - contains the following passage:

Believers will be given these signs of power: . . .if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed . . . . Mark 16:17-18 (Today's English Version). Emphasis added.

This passage has spawned development of Christian cults who handle venomous snakes and drink strychnine as "tests of faith":

Snake Handling Sects: George Went Hensley, a Church of God pastor founded a Pentecostal religious group in 1909 which is now called Church of God with Signs Following. Adult members occasionally practice what they call "preaching the signs": the drinking of strychnine or other poison, and exposing themselves to be bitten by poisonous snakes. They allow their natural defenses to battle the poison; they do not seek medical attention. Their belief is that if they have sufficient faith, they will not die or be permanently harmed by the poison. This belief is based on a Biblical passage: Mark 16:17-18:

"And these signs will accompany those who believe. In my name...they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all;..." (NIV)

Hensley interpreted this passage as a command to believers to use these methods to test their faith. It is interesting that this passage is believed by many to be a forgery, not written by the author who wrote the rest of the Gospel of Mark.

By the start of World War II, these practices had become widespread throughout the Church of God, although only engaged in by a small minority of its members.   The church interpreted these tests of faith to be one more indication of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the last days before Christ's second coming.   Motivated by some deaths and near deaths, the practice was denounced by the Assembly of the Church of God in 1928. However, some congregations left the denomination and continued their snake handling practices.

The State of Tennessee banned the practice and suppressed the group after the death of member Lewis Ford in 1945. Hensley himself died of snakebite in Florida in 1955 in his mid-70's. After two additional deaths from drinking poison, and other near deaths, court cases led to a decision by the Tennessee Supreme Court to uphold the state's ban. Independent congregations of "signs people" are still found from Florida to West Virginia and west to Ohio. J.G. Melton estimates that between 50 to 100 "signs" congregations exist with a total of several thousand members. People have continued to die in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, and West Virginia at the rate of about 5 a decade. Many believers handle snakes, but few are bitten.

A second church: Original Pentecostal Church of God also believes in testing themselves with poisonous snakes. However they do not "tempt God" by bringing snakes into their services.  Members have been known to pick up poisonous snakes and risk being bitten when they come across them in the wild.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/medical.htm#cog, emphasis partially added.

These bizarre practices are all based on proven forgery:

The oldest copies of the Gospel of Mark, the Sinaitic and Vatican, end at Mark 16:8. A note in the New International Version of the Bible states: "The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20." Verses 9 to 20 appear to have been added later by an unknown Christian forger. The addition was quoted in the writings of Irenaeus and Hippolytus in the second or third century.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/mark16.htm, emphasis added.

The insertion and continued translation of such an obvious and dangerous forgery in the Bible should come as no surprise. In order to boast their flimsy claims that God is a "Trinity," many Christians continue to quote another proven forgery, 1 John 5:7, which purports to say:

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

The foregoing verse is such an obvious forgery that:

[T]his verse is now universally recognized as being a later "insertion" of the Church and all recent versions of the Bible, such as the Revised Standard Version the New Revised Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the New English Bible, the Phillips Modern English Bible ...etc. have all unceremoniously expunged this verse from their pages. Why is this? The scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gives the following explanation for this action in his "Emphatic Diaglott." Mr. Wilson says:

"This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteenth century.   It is not cited by any of the ecclesiastical writers; not by any of early Latin fathers even when the subjects upon which they treated would naturally have lead them to appeal to it's authority. It is therefore evidently spurious."

Others, such as the late Dr. Herbert W. Armstrong argued that this verse was added to the Latin Vulgate edition of the Bible during the heat of the controversy between Rome, Arius, and God's people. Whatever the reason, this verse is now universally recognized as an insertion and discarded. . . .

http://www.answering-christianity.com/sake.htm, emphasis added.

Yet despite unanimous agreement of scholars that the verse is a forgery, it continues to be reprinted in the King James Version of the Bible - along with Mark 16:17-18 and continues to be quoted by Christian evangelists.

What credibility does Christianity have when it scriptures are littered with such dangerous and obvious forgeries?

Allah Knows Best,Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2005 03:11 AM | Show all posts
Here is the Q&A about "why did Allah let the bible corrupted",it's an interesting topic! have a look;

( http://www.answering-christianity.com/que3.htm )

Introduction: We must first of all know that the entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption!  GOD Almighty Said: "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.   (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

See Also Deuteronomy 31:25-29 where Moses peace be upon him predicted the corruption/tampering of the Law (Bible) after his death.

The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted.  The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately 826 years after did indeed confirm this corruption.

Q3:  Why did the GOD of Islam allow for the "original" Bible to get corrupted or lost?

A3:  Before I answer this question from the Islamic perspective, we must first know that the Bible itself admits that it is a corrupted Book from the introduction above.   Please visit Just who were the real authors of the Bible? and History of man's tampering with the Old Testament.

Let us see what Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said regarding the validity and the reliability of the Bible:

Narrated AbuNamlah al-Ansari: "When he was sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and a Jew was also with him, a funeral passed by him. He (the Jew) asked (Him): Muhammad, does this funeral speak? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has more knowledge. The Jew said: It speaks.  

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Whatever the people of the Book [Jews and Christians] tell you, do not verify them, nor falsify them, but say: We believe in Allah and His Apostle. If it is false, do not confirm it, and if it is right, do not falsify it.  (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3637)"

The following two Sayings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him were sent to me by Yusif 65; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him:  

Narrated Ubaidullah:  "Ibn 'Abbas said, 'Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 461)"  

Narrated Abu Huraira:  "The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Apostle said (to the Muslims). 'Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.' '  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 460)"  

As we clearly see in the above Sayings of our beloved Prophet peace be upon him, the source that the Jews and Christians use (i.e. the Bible or any other religious source such as their Popes', Rabbis or other religious people's verdicts) must be ignored because it is not reliable.  As we've seen in the above introduction, the man-made scribes (laws) had corrupted the Bible and turned it "into a lie" (Jeremiah 8:8).

According to Islam, Allah Almighty (GOD Almighty) in the Bible promised those who try to tamper His Words in the Bible to face hell fire, because He knew that it was going to happen.   He gave the people of the book (Jews and Christians) a chance/test and they simply blew it!.  Today, there is no one Bible!.  The number of Books/Gospels in the Roman Catholics Bible for instance is different from the King James Version Bible, which is different in the number of Books/Gospels from the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible, which is different in the number of Books/Gospels from the Mormon's Bible, etc...  Look at Noble Verse 5:13 from the Noble Quran: "But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them (Jews and Christians) and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others)."  Israel, when it lost Allah Almighty's grace, began to sin against truth and religion in three ways: (1) they began to misuse Scripture itself, by either taking words out of their right meaning, or applying them to things for which they were never meant; (2) in doing so, they conveniently forgot a part of the Message and purpose of Allah; and (3) they invented new deceits to support the old ones.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2005 03:12 AM | Show all posts
Let us look at Noble Verse 5:41 "O Apostle! let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,- men who will listen to any lie,- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee. They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, 'If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!' If any one's trial is intended by God, thou hast no authority in the least for him against God. For such - it is not God's will to purify their hearts. For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment."Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran on the other hand, did promise that He will personally guard the Noble Quran from corruption.  He never promised hell fire to anyone who tries to tamper His words in the Noble Quran.  He will guard it Himself; "We (Allah) have, without a doubt, sent down the Message (The Quran); and We (Allah) will assuredly Guard it [from corruption].  (The Noble Quran, 15:9)."  Today we have only one Arabic Noble Quran.

A continuation to my answer from sister Jacqueline S. Waheed; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with her:  

The above question has [THREE] parts, so let us see the answers
accordingly. To answer the part ["Muslims believe that the current Bible is
not all the true word of GOD, and only the Quran is"] Yes, Muslims believes
that current bible [OT &NT] is not the one, which God [Allaah] almighty
gave to Moses and Jesus [peace be upon them]. But it is also verified and confirmed by
Noble Qur'aan, which is the main source of Muslims' belief. If you read OT,
NT, and Noble Qur'aan, it will become obvious that all missing links in the
bible are found in Noble Qur'aan and it makes undeniable sense. That is why
once one explore the Noble Qur'aan with its entirety in almost all cases it
is inevitable for him/her to not say the Shahada.

To respond to the second part of question ["If so, then why did the GOD of
Islam allow for His Words to get corrupted in the Bible?"] "If so" is
hardly the case here, beside that one cannot blame the God [Allaah] The
Creator, all Knower, and all Seer of all heavens and earth for allowing His
words to be corrupted. Such blame ONLY represents a typical frivolous
product liability lawsuit mentality. That will not work in this UNIQUE
case, because the God [Allaah], has already replaced the abused and
tempered [by human] product with far SUPERIOR [product] the Final
Revelation *****THE NOBLE QUR'AAN***** Which by the way is another
testament of God's existence that He not only can save His word, but again
He can give mankind a chance to correct himself and follow his true word
[The Noble Qur'aan] to be saved. Because God [Allah] is the Most Beneficent
and Most Merciful.

To answer the last part of question ["or why did He allow for the original
copy of the Bible to be lost?"]. Again in this part we see the frivolous
product liability lawsuit mentality. Having said that God [Allaah] did not
allow [original] copy to be lost. It was the keepers of bible[OT & NT] who
tempered it and hide many facts that resulted in current bible not making
any sense. Which by the way is also confirmed by God [Allaah] in Noble
Qur'aan and I quote:

YUSUFALI: O people of the Book! There hath come to you our Messenger,
revealing to you much that ye used to hide in the Book, and passing over
much (that is now unnecessary): There hath come to you from Allah a (new)
light and a perspicuous Book, -
PICKTHAL: O People of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you,
expounding unto you much of that which ye used to hide in the Scripture,
and forgiving much. now hath come unto you light from Allah and plain
Scripture,
SHAKIR: O followers of the Book! indeed Our Messenger has come to you
making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book and passing over
much; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book from Allah;

Followed by God [Allaah] emphasizing in Noble Qur'aan [next verse]:

YUSUFALI: Wherewith Allah guideth all who seek His good pleasure to ways of
peace and safety, and leadeth them out of darkness, by His will, unto the
light,- guideth them to a path that is straight.
PICKTHAL: Whereby Allah guideth him who seeketh His good pleasure unto
paths of peace. He bringeth them out of darkness unto light by His decree,
and guideth them unto a straight path.
SHAKIR: With it Allah guides him who will follow His pleasure into the ways
of safety and brings them out of utter darkness into light by His will and
guides them to the right path.

Bottom line is that as question itself indicates by use of [words]
"original copy" which is highly inappropriate in this case. However,
implication by virtue of question is absurd. Because FORENSIC AND EMPIRICAL
RESULTS proves that MASTER COPY [or SOURCE CODE] was never lost nor
tempered. It was and it has always been in possession of God [Allaah] the
Creator of all heaven and earth. It further proves the existence of ONE and
ONLY God [Allaah] the all Knower and all Seer who way ahead foretold to
Jews and Christians in OT and NT about the arrival of Prophet Muhammed
[saw] and commanded Jews and Christians to follow Prophet Muhammed [saw].

Noble Qur'aan 3:64! Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews
and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we
worship none but All鈎, and that we associate no partners with Him, and
that none of us shall take others as lords besides All鈎[]. Then, if they
turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."

Noble Qur'aan 3:85! And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl鈓, it will
never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the
losers[].

Example: If Johnny writes a letter to Marry Joe and saves it. That Marry
Joe later edits and/or modify claiming to be original letter by Johnny.
That can be proven wrong by Johnny because he got the master copy. So to
make Marry Joe looks like a fool and a liar all Johnny has to do is to give
another copy of Jean Doe to show the people that she [Marry Joe] is lying.
It pretty bad, for Marry Joe, isn't it?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2005 02:44 AM | Show all posts
What theologist & historian say about Paul....:hmm:

( http://www.answering-christianity.com/paul_docs.htm )

Historical Quotes Concerning Paul and his doctrines from Historians, Philosophers and Theologians:

Carl Sagan (Scientist; Author)

"My long-time view about Christianity is that it represents an amalgam of two seemingly
immiscible parts--the religion of Jesus and the religion of Paul. Thomas Jefferson attempted to
excise the Pauline parts of the New Testament. There wasn't much left when he was done, but it
was an inspiring document." (Letter to Ken Schei [author of Christianity Betrayed])

Thomas Jefferson

"aul was the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus." (All references not listed here, can be
found in Christianity Betrayed)

Albert Schweitzer

"Where possible Paul avoids quoting the teaching of Jesus, in fact even mentioning it. If we had
to rely on Paul, we should not know that Jesus taught in parables, had delivered the sermon on
the mount, and had taught His disciples the 'Our Father.' Even where they are specially
relevant, Paul passes over the words of the Lord."

Wil Durant (Philosopher)

"aul created a theology of which none but the vaguest warrants can be found in the words of
Christ."
"Fundamentalism is the triumph of Paul over Christ."

Walter Kaufmann (Professor of Philosophy, Princeton)

"aul substituted faith in Christ for the Christlike life."

George Bernard Shaw

"No sooner had Jesus knocked over the dragon of superstition than Paul boldly set it on its
legs again in the name of Jesus."

Thomas Hardy
"The new testament was less a Christiad than a Pauliad."

Hyam Maccoby (Talmudic Scholar)

"As we have seen, the purposes of the book of Acts is to minimize the conflict between Paul and
the leaders of the Jerusalem Church, James and Peter. Peter and Paul, in later Christian
tradition, became twin saints, brothers in faith, and the idea that they were historically bitter
opponents standing for irreconcilable religious standpoints would have been repudiated with
horror. The work of the author of Acts was well done; he rescued Christianity from the
imputation of being the individual creation of Paul, and instead gave it a respectable pedigree,
as a doctrine with the authority of the so-called Jerusalem Church, conceived as continuous in
spirit with the Pauline Gentile Church of Rome. Yet, for all his efforts, the truth of the matter is
not hard to recover, if we examine the New Testament evidence with an eye to tell-tale
inconsistencies and confusions, rather than with the determination to gloss over and harmonize all difficulties in the interests of an orthodox interpretation." (The Mythmaker, p. 139,Weidenfeld and Nicolson, London, 1986)

Jeremy Bentham (English Philosopher)

"If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they needed look no farther than Paul." (Paraphrased. Looking for a copy of "Not Paul, but Jesus" in order to retrieve the exact quote.)

Carl Jung (Psychologist)

"aul hardly ever allows the real Jesus of Nazareth to get a word in." (U.S. News and World
Report, April 22, 1991, p. 55)

Bishop John S. Spong (Episcopal Bishop of Newark)

"aul's words are not the Words of God. They are the words of Paul- a vast difference."
(Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, p. 104, Harper San Francisco, 1991).

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2005 12:05 AM | Show all posts
Baptism?????:hmm:

Paul nullified and contradicted the point of Baptism:

Let us look at the following verses about baptism:

"I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 1:8)"

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 16:16)"

The practice of baptism today is done by literally dipping a person into a small pool of water.  The point from it is not to physically clean him from body sweat and odor, but rather to symbolically show that he had been spiritually purified or sanctified, and to sort of mark a date and time of him being "born again".

Let us see how Paul nullified and contradicted the point of baptism:

1 Corinthians 7:10-15:

10  To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
11  But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
12  To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.
13  And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
14  For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15  But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.
16  How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Paul considered disbelieving husbands who are married to believing wives as purified/sanctified and holy.  Their children too are considered as such even if they turn out to be disbelievers.

Anyone here must ask the simple question:  If the disbelieving husband becomes a believer and embraces the polytheist trinity paganism, then given the fact that he had already been purified through his physical marriage, would he still have to be purified through the physical baptism?  As we saw above, the whole point from baptism is to give sanctification.  Now, if the disbelieving husband had already been sanctified through his marriage, then what is the point from sanctifying him again?

My point here is not focusing on the baptism itself.  I am not desperately trying to pick out silly points and make a big deal out of them.  My point here is:  What is the spiritual wisdom behind the disbelieving husbands being purified through their marriage to the believing wives?

Where is the divine perfection in this?

They are holy?!

We have already seen Paul's terrible choice in considering disbelievers as purified.   He further makes a worse mistake by calling them "holy".  Now, I am very certain that Paul knew what the word "holy" meant.  The question here is:  How can any disbeliever be considered as a "holy" person to any person's religious denomination?

Paul really admired the "holy" people and elated their status very high.   He, for instance, considered religious leaders as perfect, sinless and infallible:

"The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment.  (From the NIV Bible, 1 Corinthians 2:15)"

How can Paul consider a spiritual leader as a "holy" person, and yet at the same time, consider a disbeliever as "holy" too?!

Also, how can a person in general be considered as purified and holy, and yet be condemned to Hell?

What is the dumb point from calling him "holy" and "pure" if he will still be among the evil and bad people who will (according to the polytheist trinity pagan belief) burn in Hell for Eternity?

Conclusion:

Paul's words in the verses above have proven to be illogical and full of utter nonsense and personal self-contradicting opinions.  I personally don't care what Paul says or believes, but when YOU tell me that his words are all GOD Almighty's Holy Revelations and Inspirations, then the matter becomes different.

Through simple examination of Paul's words, it is clear that they don't have any Divine Wisdom in them what so ever.  They also proved to be self-contradicting and full of stupidity!

( http://www.answering-christianity.com/paul_baptism.htm )

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2005 02:40 AM | Show all posts
XXXrated bible??? abortion???cannibalism???bestiality???child abbuse...etc
Here it is;(some of the term are used in the pornography industry today according to the websites)

( http://www.postfun.com/pfp/NC-17Bible.html )

ABORTION
Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God's intervention. "As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception. Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them! Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, O Lord: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb."

Isaiah 13:18 "They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children."

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him (in other words: women that might be pregnant)."

Exodus 21:22 "If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, [SHE ABORTS] and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. "

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. Considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man's child.

Back to Menu | Adult Christianity | Current Features

ADULTERY
Leviticus 18:20 In this chapter God holds adultery equal to homosexuality. What do you have to say for yourselves Bob Dole, Newt Gingrich, Phil Gramm, James Swaggart, Jim Bakker...? [And before you write, yes, I know about Bill Clinton BUT he's not running around policing people's bedrooms as the aforementioned are.]

Leviticus 20:10 "And the man that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

II Samuel 11:2-4 "...And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness (her menstrual period): and she returned unto her house."

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Leviticus 19:13 "Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning."

Proverbs 31:31 "Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."

BESTIALITY
Leviticus 18:23 "Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."

Leviticus 20:15,16 "And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

BREASTS
Solomon's Song 1:13 "A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts."

Solomon's Song 4:5, 7:3,7 Thy two breast are like..."two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies, ...two young roes that are twins, ...clusters of grapes."

CANNIBALISM
Matthew 26:26 "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

II Kings 6:28,29 "And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son."

CASTRATION
Matthew 19:12 "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

CHILD ABUSE
Genesis 22:9&10 "And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son."

I Kings 3:24,25 "And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king. And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other."

And we thought Susan Smith was mad.

II Kings 6:28,29 "And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son."

SEE ALSO GANG-RAPE.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2005 02:42 AM | Show all posts
CHILD MURDER
Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."

Judges 11:30-40 "And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands...And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter...And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man."

Psalm 137:8,9 Prayer/song of vengeance "O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him (in other words: women that might be pregnant)."

CHUCK COLSON
Ecclesiastes 7:13 "Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?"

DILDOS
Ezekiel 16:17 "Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them..."

DISSOLUTION OF THE FAMILY
Luke 14:26 Jesus speaking, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Matthew 23:9 "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Matthew 10:34-36 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law (sic) against her mother in law(sic). And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

DIVORCE
Matthew 5:31,32 "But I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." SEE ALSO ADULTERY.

EXHIBITIONISM
Isaiah 20:2-3 "At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and Ethiopia; So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt."

II Samuel 16:22 "So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father's concubines in the sight of all Israel."

FEMINISM
Jeremiah 31:22 "...for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man."

Luke 10:40 "But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Proverbs 31:31 "Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."

Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ."

Isaiah 3:4 "And babes shall rule over them."

FLAT-CHESTED WOMEN
Solomon's Song 8:8 "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for? If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar."

FORNICATION
This category is too long to include in this page. Go to the fornication page.

FRENCH KISSING (or something to do with lips)
Solomon's Song 4:11, 7:9 "Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon...And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak."

GANG-RAPE
Judges 19:24-29 "Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go. Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light. And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold. And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place. And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-2-2005 02:43 AM | Show all posts
HOMOSEXUALITY
Leviticus 18:3,22, 20:13 "After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances."

Leviticus 18:22 must be read in the context of the previous verse
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." The "as with womankind" is not defined. It is possible that it means to lie with in the passive sense, or it could mean in the context of idolatry, in other words - with a prostitute, or it could mean "by force," as the context of Leviticus 20 suggests this possibility. The Bible does not suggest the existence of rape, only the violation of property.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Previous to this verse is Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."

As a society we have decided not to enforce either of these laws, and many others in this chapter, including death for adultery.

I Samuel 18:1 "And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul."

I Samuel 20:30,31 "Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse (David) to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse liveth upon the ground, thou shalt not be established, nor thy kingdom. Wherefore now send and fetch him unto me, for he shall surely die."

II Samuel 1:25,26 David speaking "How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! O Jonathan, thou wast slain in thine high places. I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women."

HUMAN SACRIFICE
Genesis 22:9,10 "And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son."

IMMIGRATION
Leviticus 19:33,34 "And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."

IMPOTENCE
I Kings 1:1-4 "Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat. Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat. So they sought for a fair damsel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the king. And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not."

INCEST
Leviticus 18:6-18 Detailing of incestuous relationships

Leviticus 20:11,12 More about incest and nakedness

INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE
Solomon's Song 1:5, 5:10 "I am black, but comely...", "My beloved is white and ruddy..."

MASTURBATION
Genesis 38:8-10 "And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also."

1 Thessalonians 4:4,5 "That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:"

MURDER FOR SEX
II Samuel 11:14 "And it came to pass in the morning that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die. And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were. And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also." SEE ALSO ADULTERY, VOYEURISM

NECROPHILIA
Leviticus 21:11 "Neither shall he go in to any dead body, nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother..."

PEDOPHILIA
Numbers 31:18 (Moses to his soldiers) "But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." If you think I am reading sexual relations into this verse SEE ALSO SEXUAL SLAVERY

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2005 02:44 AM | Show all posts
POLYGAMY
(Rachel & Leah)

Esther 2:17 "And the king loved Esther above all the women (concubines), and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti. (his disobedient wife) Note: Nowhere in the book of Esther is God mentioned.

PROSTITUTION
Leviticus 19:29 "Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness."

Esther Esther was given by her uncle, Mordecai to the king, Ahasuerus, for his favors to the Jewish people.

Proverbs 31:18 "She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night."

Matthew 1:1-16 Four women are mentioned by name in the geneology of Jesus - Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheeba. Tamar [Genesis 38] disguised herself as a prostitute, and took payment from her father-in-law for sex. Rahab [Joshua 2] was a prostitute who sheltered two Israelite spies.

Luke 7:37-50 "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little." Though Luke describes the woman as a "sinner," she is commonly treated as a prostitute, as is Mary Magdalene who was also not a prostitute.

RAUNCH
II Kings 18:27 "But Rab-shakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

Isaiah 36:12 "But Rab-shakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

RITUAL CHILD SEXUAL MUTILATION
Genesis 17:10-14 "...And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised amoung you..."

SEXUAL METAPHORS
Solomon's Song 5:4 "My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him. I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock. I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer."

SEXUAL SLAVERY
Leviticus 19:20 "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free."

Esther 2:12,14 "Now when every maid's turn was come to go in to king Ahasuerus, after that she had been twelve months, according to the manner of the women, (for so were the days of their purifications accomplished, to wit, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with other things for the purifiying of the women;) In the evening she went, and on the morrow she returned into the second house of the women, to the custody of Shaashgaz, the king's chamberlain, which kept the concubines: she came in unto the king no more, except the king delighted in her, and that she were called by name."

SIZE QUEENS
2 Chronicles 10:10 "And the young men that were brought up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou answer the people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it somewhat lighter for us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins."

Ezekiel 16:26 "Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger."

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of a horse." [New International Version]

SUBMISSION
Luke 7:36 "And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat. And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment."

Esther

UNISEXISM
Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ."

UNWED TEEN PREGNANCY
Luke 1:26-35 The virgin Mary should have just said no and waited until she finished school and got married.

VAMPIRISM
Matthew 26:26 "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

VOYEURISM
II Samuel 11:2 "And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon."

WATERSPORTS
II Kings 18:27 "But Rab-shakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

Isaiah 36:12 "But Rab-shakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2005 02:27 AM | Show all posts
The Gay,Lesbians, Bisexuals,Transgender(pondan) and christianity?????check this out, they are many links inside the page....yukssss!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/biblerecovery/

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 12:47 PM | Show all posts
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Which Bible?
by Steven Carr

When somebody says that the Bible is inerrant, a good reply is to ask "Which Bible?" The first task of translators of the Bible into English is to decide which verses they want to put into each of the 27 New Testament books.
There are more than 5,000 Greek manuscripts, but not one has the same collection of verses as any popular English Bible. Indeed, there is no Greek manuscript before A. D. 800 which has 27 books in its New Testament. The Codex Sinaiticus, from about A. D. 350, comes closest, but it also contains the Epistle of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas.

How did this textual variety come about, and what significance does it have?

The King James Version was produced on the basis of relatively few late manuscripts. Since then, many early manuscripts have been found. The impression is often given that these early manuscripts help us get back to what the authors originally wrote. Instead, they reveal that we can only guess what was originally written and that what was written was changed within decades, often for purely doctrinal reasons.

Let me give just a few examples, from many which could have been chosen. Take Luke 22:43-44, "And being in an agony, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down upon the ground." This is not present in the very earliest Greek manuscripts p66 and p75 from the third century. (P66 stands for papyrus number 66, p75 for papyrus number 75). Will they be dropped from future printings of the King James Version because they are not in the earliest manuscripts we have? Somehow, I doubt it.

These verses are also omitted by Codex Alexandrinus, Codex Vaticanus (4th century), Codex Washingtonensis (5th century), etc., but are in Sinaiticus (4th century) and the great majority of later manuscripts. They are cited by the early church father Justin (c. A. D. 130). Whenever these verses were added or dropped, it must have been very early.

We know that these verses were quoted, not always exactly, in the second century by the early church fathers to counter the heretical view that Jesus was not a real human being and only quoted for that doctrinal purpose.

For example, Justin said, "(I)t is recorded that His sweat fell down like drops of blood while He was praying... in order that we may perceive that the Father wished His Son really to undergo such sufferings for our sakes, and may not say that He, being the Son of God, did not feel what was happening to Him and inflicted on Him" (Dialogue with Trypho, 103).

Irenaeus (c. A. D. 170) wrote, "(N)or would He have wept over Lazarus, nor have sweated great drops of blood; nor have declared, `My soul is exceeding sorrowful'; nor, when His side was pierced, would there have come forth blood and water. For all these are tokens of the flesh which had been derived from the earth, which He had recapitulated in Himself, bearing salvation to His own handiwork" (Against Heresy, 3, 22, 2).

Hippolytus (c. A. D 190) said, "Thus then, too, though demonstrated as God, He does not refuse the conditions proper to Him as man, since He hungers and toils and thirsts in weariness, and flees in fear, and prays in trouble. And He who as God has a sleepless nature, slumbers on a pillow. And He who for this end came into the world, begs off from the cup of suffering. And in an agony He sweats blood, and is strengthened by an angel..." (Against Noetus, 18).

These verses were cited only for doctrinal purposes and are missing from the earliest manuscripts of Luke's Gospel. What more proof is needed that Luke's Gospel was altered no more than decades after being written and that this was done for doctrinal reasons?

The biggest doctrinal issue in Christianity is whether Jesus is God and what the Trinity means. The earliest Christians held all kinds of views about the status of Jesus. Even as late as A. D. 200, the majority of Christians did not believe in the Trinity, as Tertullian freely conceded: "The simple, indeed, who always constitute the majority of believers, are startled at the dispensation (of the Three in One), on the ground that their very rule of faith withdraws them from the world's plurality of gods to the one only true God; not understanding that, although He is the one only God, He must yet be believed in with His own `economy'" (Against Praxeas, Chapter 3).

These sorts of disputes led to many alterations of the New Testament. At the time Tertullian wrote, many Christians believed that Jesus was God the Father. Noetus based this belief on John 14:9, "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father." The orthodox Christian Hippolytus had to go through contortions to show that this does not mean that Jesus was the Father. Is it any surprise that just a few years later, one of the very earliest manuscripts of John's Gospel we have was altered to read, "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father also"? A very useful change for doctrinal reasons.

Of course, people who said that Jesus was God the Father were also altering manuscripts. The earliest manuscript of 1 and 2 Peter is called p72. It states, in 1 Peter 5:1, that Peter was a witness of the sufferings of God, not a witness of the sufferings of Christ. This is not an accidental slip. Second Peter 1:2 in English Bibles today says, "May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." P72 removes the "and" so that it becomes "God, our Lord Jesus." P72 also alters Jude 5 to say that the person who saved the people out of the land of Egypt was "the God Christ." Christians nowadays draw back from the idea that God the Son and not God the Father led the Israelites out of Egypt.

The earliest manuscript of 1 and 2 Peter and of Jude is distinctly heretical, which is why English translations often give its readings as mere footnotes, and later readings are put in the main text.

Another 3rd century manuscript, which differs from what is selected to go into Bibles today, is called p46. It includes Hebrews 1:8, which today says about Jesus, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever and the righteous sceptre is the sceptre of your kingdom." P46 says about Jesus, "God is your throne forever and ever; the righteous sceptre is the sceptre of his kingdom." The earliest manuscript of Hebrews that we have says that the kingdom is God's, not Jesus's. This reading is also backed up by the earliest Great Codices, Sinaiticus and Vaticanus. Naturally, English Bibles prefer later manuscripts.

The evidence of the earliest manuscripts is that Christianity was split into many factions. Orthodox views did not win out until the fourth century or later. Until then, people wrote and rewrote the New Testament books, trying to put the correct spin on the texts. This happened extremely early. By about A. D. 110, Polycarp was quoting, in his letter to the Philippians, a version of Acts called the "Western" version, which is about 10 percent longer than the other version.

If the New Testament books really were inspired by an omnipotent God, why was he unable to prevent their being changed within decades of being written, by people acting in his name?

(Steven Carr, Flat C, 28 Keighley Road, Bradford BD8, England; e-mail, steven@bowness.demon.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Reader,

Mr. Carr's last question is interesting. Truly, why was the Bible not protected since it's claimed to be the "word of God"?

I'd like you to compare: The Quran is claimed by Muslims to be the word of God and consequently, God has promised in the Quran that it will be personally protected by him from distortions and change.

"We have, without doubt, Sent down the Message; And we will assuredly guard it (from corruption)" (The Holy Quran, [Al-Hijr:15:9])

"Nay, this is a glorious Quran inscribed in a tablet preserved!" (The Holy Quran, [Al-Buruj:85:21-22])

Commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, "The purity of the text of the Quran through 14 centuries is a foretaste of the eternal care with which Allah's Truth is guarded through all ages. All corruptions, inventions, and accretions pass away, but Allah's Pure and Holy Truth will never suffer eclipse even though the whole world mocked at it and was bent on destroying it."

Please click HERE to see with your own eyes from pictures of early Qurans kept in kept in Tashkent, that the Quran of today is not different, even in a single minute way, from its original form.

Regards,
Fareena
Webmaster: Islam - The Modern Religion

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 04:59 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088705 second(s), 42 queries .