CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3087|Reply: 10

Ode to Dr.M

Close [Copy link]
Post time 5-9-2006 09:35 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
i know some of you asswipes have an axe to grind with Dr.M... but no matter what you say - i think if the Dr went ahead with the IMF remedy in the last economic meltdown - you would be paying higher prices in your utility bills today , your petrol bills and etc

IMF the house of pain - has desires of every country - a notable example would be Argentina. Menem truly consigned Argentina to the scape heap via IMF. Dr.M is one of very few pollies who knows the dirty tricks of IMF and he had the balls to stick the fingers to IMF.

IMF - truly is a Satan's tool

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-9-2006 08:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedChaSiew at 5/9/2006 21:35
i know some of you asswipes have an axe to grind with Dr.M... but no matter what you say - i think if the Dr went ahead with the IMF remedy in the last economic meltdown - you would be paying highe ...

IMF is one, I agree, the World Bank is also another. George Soros too. At the time when the world dare not implement unconventional measures, Dr. M did it. At a time where many including many traitor Malaysian condemn his course of action, he proved them wrong, defeating them all and making them eat their words.

The current world culture of economy, is after all, a culture, or a practise introduced by the west, for who's benefit???

Anwar Ibrahim, tried implementing the advice of IMF, as a result, my mother's ENTIRE gaji is used up just to pay the high interest ALONE of the bank. By raising interest rates, they claim it can help local bank. That is CRAP! When u raise to high an interest rate, so high that most lenders can't afford to pay, in the end, the bank will not only fail to get in funds, which they need so badly, but at the same time they will fail to recovver the lendings to others because some went ahead with suicide, some ran away.

After he sacking of Anwar Ibrahim, Dr. Mahathir, immediately reduced the interest rates to a very low level, and with the implementation of the controls, the following working day, Bursa Malaysia shot up more then 90 points (not 0.9), almost 100 points, a record which I have not seen in Bursa Malaysia, then BSKL or KLSE. Also, because of that, my dad was greatly relief because he need not pay so high the interest, something which is crippling most of every households economy (due to housing loan, car loan etc.). Witht eh reduction of interest rates, the local banks slowly recovers as funds and debts by borrowers are slowly pouring in, thus, more funds are going back to the banks compared to before.

Mahathir, which has strong criticism by many, turn a hero over night. some which previously supported the opposition (not me), changed to BN because of Mahathir's capability. Some stopped their Aliran subscription (a megazine which strongly criticise the government).

Mahathir had proved to be a great leader in which even our prime minister today and his deputy, and his fellow cabinet ministers have not proven that they are as capable as he is, nor even 3 quarter.

Hidup Mahathir!

[ Last edited by  ariyamusafir at 6-9-2006 08:52 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-9-2006 08:04 PM | Show all posts
just goes to show some leaders have no bola.

i would have like Dr.M to have take the garbage out whilst he was in charge - his one big mistake. now that garbage pile is growing bigger.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2006 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Like Tun had already confessed, he had made a terrible mistake by appointing Pak Lah as his successor. The man in really incompetent, now people are saying they would favour Anwar....Malaysians tend to forget easily that the fact Anwar was favouring the remedy setup by IMF and the fact that Anwar is collobarating with the bloodsucking Western devils.

I thank God that Anwar was ousted but now we have a PM that is incapable of running the country. What other choice available?

Najib? being Tun's actual preference......

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-9-2006 08:50 PM | Show all posts
Najib? no thanks. maybe Shahrir - the only other man with balls. but he is not too popular. he may even have retired.

the incumbent is truly a yes man. no spine. no ikan jerung besar. ikan bilis pon tak ada.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-9-2006 07:16 AM | Show all posts
You're right, heard lotsa not so good things of Najib's wife.......she could be the clone of Khairi

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 18-9-2006 09:01 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedChaSiew at 11/9/2006 20:50
Najib? no thanks. maybe Shahrir - the only other man with balls. but he is not too popular. he may even have retired.

the incumbent is truly a yes man. no spine. no ikan jerung besar. ikan bilis ...

Sharir is more like a rogue or renegade. He can assist but not be the number 1. The best man now we have is Hishamuddin. Recently he has been tackling some racial issues very well. Especially in Penang. He will be well liked by bumis and non-bumis. However, I still doubt he can be like Mahathir.

Use magic Report

Adm_Cheng_Ho This user has been deleted
Post time 18-9-2006 09:28 AM | Show all posts
Imagine that it was Pak Lah the Prime Minister when IMF made the offer....

Indeed Mahathir had shown he was a very exceptional leader. Had he allowed his other mini-stars to voice their half-past-six opinions back then, and followed the majority views, he would be no different from Pak Lah today. He is still seen differently because he dared to be different from the rest - not only within his party but also the rest of the world.

Another point raised in this thread:
i would have like Dr.M to have take the garbage out whilst he was in charge - his one big mistake. now that garbage pile is growing bigger
I had just elaborated on this point in the Local Politics board.

Many people have said that Mahathir should have known better when he's in power. In my opinion, of course he knows. But he doesn't know its seriousness.

He only know its gravity when he stepped down. He can now hear and see more things from people who can't reach him when he was a Prime Minister.

For those who have studied Chinese history would know there were many cases of corrupt officials who gang-up to keep their Emperor in the dark. The truth only came to light when the Emperors disguise as common people or their most trusted aides sneak out secretly from the palace to get real life accounts from the citizen.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-9-2006 06:11 PM | Show all posts
i hate to see this is the way Dr.M is headed -- towards the sunset.

whilst the country fall by the wayside

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedChaSiew at 18/9/2006 18:11
i hate to see this is the way Dr.M is headed -- towards the sunset.

whilst the country fall by the wayside

Me too man!!!! Sad to say the glory that Malaysia once enjoyed is about to flow away.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-9-2006 08:45 AM | Show all posts
see even the corrupt can be ousted in places like Thailand. they have a used-by dates.

in malaysia, the corrupted ikan jerung besar can retire to their easy chair when they are finally tired of looting... and need to spend their loot.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 07:52 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066270 second(s), 37 queries .