Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 5735|Reply: 38

Second Chance

[Copy link]
Post time 7-1-2008 06:08 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
1stly, its great to back on Ideas, Thinking, Brain, Epistemology board again. It's been awhile, so, sort of like, erm, hello there! Hiks! Yes, Happy New Year 2008, Merry X'mas 2007 and etc...

So, ok... quetion!

Should everyone be granted a second chance in life, no matter what they have done?

And what if the person who got his/ her second chance, failed again - would that be the end? OR, since the 2nd failure was not as bad as the 1st one, would there be such thing as "A '2nd' Second Chance" and hope that "thirds' a charm"?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-1-2008 09:20 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 lealaurielle's post

We should always give "ourselves" second, third, fourth chance and so on...

However in relationships, i think that it depends more on the situtaion and our assesment of it.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2008 12:01 AM | Show all posts
welcome back lea! ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2008 01:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #2 Agul's post

What about in life itself, shouldnt we also look and depend on situations before giving out 2nd, 3rd and so on chances? Or is it only applying to the matters of the heart?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2008 01:53 AM | Show all posts

Reply #3 Mansairaku's post

Thanks mansairaku...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2008 09:34 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 lealaurielle's post

i always reward myself with a 2nd..3rd chance...heheheheh

therapy to make myself happy

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 8-1-2008 09:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 my-alja's post

Hehehe I LIKE the way u put it - REWARD ourselves with chances. hmmmmmm

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2008 09:58 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 lealaurielle's post

I mean in the sense of giving ourselves another chances. Sure, we make mistakes. Everybody does...

But we don't have to beat ourselves up, over and over...

That doesn't mean that we shall repeat the same mistake time and again. We learn from it. Make some changes, and go for it.

That's my take.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-1-2008 09:59 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 my-alja's post

I always like your sense of humor...

You must be British.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2008 11:25 PM | Show all posts
To my mind, chance is opportunity taken rather than opportunity given. Having said that I may now be in direct line of fire......so fire away if you must!! It shall be ok .

Only we can decide to turn the opportunity into a chance that may change the life of the person who directly benefits from that action of ours. In the game of chance, things do not always result in  perfection but if you do it often enough you would approach perfection. However, if you do not take that opportunity at all, then there is no chance at all at it's success.....nil....nothing. We do not wait for others to give that opportunity. So that's why I like those comments about some people giving themselves the chance to do something like a "second chance" and so on.

So what is "second chance"? It is really the opportunity for one to do things differently so as to achieve a better result . But then, better result is possible only if the person learns from previous actions and avoids the known pitfalls.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2008 08:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 8-1-2008 09:59 PM
I always like your sense of humor...

You must be British.

oppsyyy....i thot hami is the one  

gurau aje ye hami

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2008 08:58 PM | Show all posts
I believe that everyone deserved a second/third chance in this world, regardless of the failures, faults or to which effect that their lives turns out to be, not what they expected of it in the first place

to err is human and being human means that there we are bounds to make countless mistakes as we travel through lives

as and when the second chance is handed over to you, you must grab it with both hands and try to make the best that you can muster in order for others to respect you more

there is no success without failure, that is how I see lives as it is

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2008 09:00 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 hamizao's post

So what is "second chance"? It is really the opportunity for one to do things differently so as to achieve a better result . But then, better result is possible only if the person learns from previous actions and avoids the known pitfalls.

my thoughts exactly, we must know what when wrong the first time, and try to avoid it any cost

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2008 06:24 AM | Show all posts
welcome back dutchy!

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2008 11:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 8-1-2008 11:25 PM
To my mind, chance is opportunity taken rather than opportunity given. Having said that I may now be in direct line of fire......so fire away if you must!! It shall be ok .

Only we can decide牋...

I like the chance taken thing.

It is really so.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2008 11:49 PM | Show all posts
Welcome back dutchy and lea...

Ship ahoy!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-1-2008 12:49 AM | Show all posts
there is always a reason chances are limited into two..usually...first mistake is forgivable...but not when it is done subsequently...logical thinking of men would say that..why would on this earth that fella keeps repeating the same mistake agaian n again tho it was only for the second time...plus..if u give urself or anyone gives u a lot of chances..we wont learn for mistakes...let the chances restricted up to twice..otherwise dont bother to think about 'chances' if we do not know how to appeciate its value...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2008 10:24 AM | Show all posts

Reply #17 033589's post

My boss used the same line too to the staff....do not repeat a 3rd time. Just wonder what would have happened if it  really had happened a 3rd time. Personally I would infer it as an attitude problem. For more serious issues we might start a formal inquiry.........

But for private matters between friends, partners or family members etc. I think the best way is to talk about it. I think many people do not do this for ego reasons............may end up in an explosion. So, they just pretend that "it" never happened and the distance between them becomes wider and wider.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 12-1-2008 10:33 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2008 01:10 PM | Show all posts

Reply #18 hamizao's post

agreed!!!

btw you are a lawyer??arent u?

juz a wild guessing..

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2008 07:12 PM | Show all posts

Reply #9 Agul's post

hmm, dear ? what 's with British and their sense of humor? hehhehe

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 06:49 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086471 second(s), 53 queries .