Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: munyhamasaki

Lemah dalam Bahasa Inggeris??

[Copy link]
Post time 1-3-2010 08:30 AM | Show all posts
38# marumaru  

you're welcome maru,

I'm pleased to see everyone are eager to enhance their language skills. It's actually good for all of you....

Urmm, yeah, I have the problems like what yo ...
genot Post at 28-2-2010 23:48

nice tips you got there, genot...
thank you very much...
I will definitely use them...
in fact Im using it right now...
but still cannot think smoothly...

what kind of word games are you playing? the only word game that I know is scrabble...
I find it quite boring maybe because I just dont know enough interesting words..
so do tell me about your games and how to play them...
if they are interesting enough maybe I could try them too..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-3-2010 09:22 AM | Show all posts
29# gegulagetah

thanks gegulagetah for your tips given! From your post i like this phrase "Warm My Heart"! and if i translate to Malay its mean "Suam kan Hati"!  By the way i like to refer back at one of tips by RedSinner Post, it's "Keywords and Intentions"! And from of that i understand its meaning is "take your interesting to sharing". In malay i very likes to using "kiasan" because its can makes that language become Wonderfull and Nice! Maybe one day i can using "Kias" in English! Im sure to getting that part i must to undestand first a basic English! Niceeeee One!

.:. 13minute Post
.:. I have record my time ! how long i can reply with spontaneous! ..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2010 10:48 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by naikAntena at 1-3-2010 11:25

34# genot

Yes! i have saw some many people who is like to label someone thats using English language is "MENGADA2" or " POYO" And badly the people who is saying like thats it's people who do not good or just average user only! I dont realy understand about thats people! They are not trying to learning but they are impose others who want to learn or practise! I realize in the part of learning ! i cant avoid using "mangled English" like gegulagetah post! I supposed using Mangled English is important part in build my confident  

Thanks for your tips too! I always practice my english with watching televishen !mm when malay channel i preferred to seeing 1st English subtitle  and my ears hearing the actors speaking! not really feel on watching but good in practices! If English channel i hearing the spoken say and i practice in listening and my mind try to capture or analyze the keyword in fast way! If watching any dvd like korea or something else i choose english as subtitle.

end
.:. 23 minute   lala..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2010 11:23 AM | Show all posts
32# naikAntena

i may not be perfect antenna, but i'll try my best to help you and improve myself as well...if you dont mind, we'll do a post-mortem on your previous post.
I got your key !!!  ...
redsinner Post at 28-2-2010 11:44

wahh!! sound its realy good, cool and smooth! "May Not be Perfect"   Very thanks for your Correction! I have learn much thing!Example I have post "day by day!"   why not im using "Everyday"!huhu.  I must practice everyday to achive thats one time I can using Correct word at the Correct Situation!

I like your last pharagraph. It's sound like a direction (penunjuk arah) or road thats you given to help me become a good english user!  huhu..like "To be Able to speak In English , Have to Think in English". In Malay i will call thats "Falsafah" maybe...   

.:. 19minutes

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2010 11:34 AM | Show all posts
I am having a problem in conversing in English...
I just cannot find the right word to say it in English...
Moreover, my grammar is getting worse and worse day by day....
Maybe I need to attend an  ...
marumaru Post at 28-2-2010 07:15

nice to meet you! huhu.. please welcome! Glad to meet you !

On we realize or not! When we are talking in English, we have  change malay to English word by word! and its seems usually happen to someone in learning process! Like Me!

So hard to thinking properly in english because not many words we can use!

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2010 11:52 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by marumaru at 1-3-2010 14:46

nice to meet you! huhu.. please welcome! Glad to meet you !

On we realize or not! When we are talking in English, we have  change malay to English word by word! and its ...
naikAntena Post at 1-3-2010 11:34

It is my pleasure to meet you too, naikAntena.
It is kind of hard isnt it speaking the language we are not used to.
I feel the same way too...so I guess we are in the same boat..

But I think we cannot just translate word by word malay words into English...
It is not going to work correctly.
you know, with the grammar thing...It is like tatabahasa in Malay language...
where there are rules need to be followed to make the sentence right...
I myself cannot follow these rules correctly, so there could be mistakes here and there...

what I am trying to say is it is really important to learn grammar.Lets learn grammar together ok?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 1-3-2010 06:51 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by marumaru at 1-3-2010 14:46
t is my pleasure to meet you too, naikAntena.
It is kind of hard isnt it speaking the language we are not used to.
I feel the same way too...so I guess we are in the same boat..

marumaru Post at 1-3-2010 11:52

wahhh! i can see your signature! do you know chinesse language? Your word and sentence more nice than me! I'm also agree with you! Technically, one of important part in learning english is the grammar! i have remember when im at standard6 i have learn simple present tense, pas tense, and future tense! Understanding this concept 1st really help for who want masterly English!

by the way , i will answer your question? me twenty four!   how about you? when i memorize back when i started learning english from standard 1 untill form 5 , and also continue using in Learning Class at Diploma, i just achieve this standard- fair english user! how embrassing me!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-3-2010 04:39 PM | Show all posts
41# marumaru

I'm sure you'll be familiar with english once you use it regularly and keep on writing. It's among a good way...

hahaha, about the game, we just chatting among each other by using those words that we get from urban dictionary.... you've got to believe me that some of those words are funny although they could be quite obscene and loud, sometimes we use those phrases from hilarious movies like she's the man, american pies, and etc   They are less boring compared to scrabble and you can use them just right in your conversation or when you're chatting with your frens

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-3-2010 04:53 PM | Show all posts
one of important part in learning english is the grammar! i have remember when im at standard 6 i have learn simple present tense, pas tense, and future tense! Understanding this concept 1st really help for who want masterly English!

yeah, basically, I agree with you... but my experience... I did not really understand those tenses in the beginning and I just use them whenever I feel right and just according to my memory.

I use to memorize the phrases that we learned and it just turns out from my mouth spontaneously when I talked.

I just gained my confidence to speak in english when I was in form 5. Before that I'm just the same like average students and I took language courses like grammar and those related to the language because they are compulsory for my course though I hate grammar so much

when i memorize back when i started learning english from standard 1 untill form 5 , and also continue using in Learning Class at Diploma, i just achieve this standard- fair english user! how embrassing me!

nooooo, you don't have to be ashame of yourself. languages aren't static, they are evolving every single time. we always need to update them and although you've proficiency in the language but you fail to use it around due to certain factors, then you'll need to polish it or start it all over again. it applies to any language including malay

Use magic Report

Post time 2-3-2010 09:23 PM | Show all posts
48# genot

what is an urban dictionary?I never heard of it before. Is it a dictionary for people living in urban areas?

I love to memorize phrases or lines from the movies too..
but unfortunately most of the movies I watched are romantic and horror movies...
so those phrases or lines are not applicable for all people and situations...
if I use them to strangers they would definitely stay away from me...

I am planning to watch comedy movies to learn funny new phrases...
thanks for your advices...I really appreciate them...

and If you dont mind, could you share some of the movie phrases with me?thanks...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-3-2010 09:45 PM | Show all posts
wahhh! i can see your signature! do you know chinesse language? Your word and sentence more nice than me! I'm also agree with you! Technically, one of important part in learning engli ...
naikAntena Post at 1-3-2010 18:51

I wrote your reply just now and when I am about to finish, I mispressed the Back Space key and everything just disappear...
how disappointed and frustrated I am because it took me quite some time to write it... now I had to start all over again...

firstly, about my signature, they are chinese characters for japanese language...
for your information, I learned japanese language during my younger days...
so I am just having fun using them in my signature...
By the way, do you know what it means?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-3-2010 10:26 PM | Show all posts
Hi everyone!!I just found out this thread. It's one of good threads in Cari. Overall all people here can write a good english. I can see most of you are above the average. For me, I have a problem with my communication skills. Wheter it is in English or even in Malay. I'm not that good in my soft skills. When I tried to chat with people, the words mixed up and get tangled..haha

By the way I haven't used English for more about 5 years. So right now I wan't to try to brush up back my English. Maybe by joining this thread can help me to improve my written English, hence help me also in my conversation in English.

p/s: For those who are good in grammar, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm very poor with grammar

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 08:46 AM | Show all posts
hi carsein...welcome aboard...
there is still plenty of empty seats here...
have a seat and help yourself around here...

about the grammar problem, I am sure principal genot would be more than happy to help you and all of us here...
you know, his heart is as big as a full grown cow, so that should not be a problem at all...

so what have you been doing for the past five years? you can tell us if you dont mind..

By the way it is a pleasure to have you with us...
feel free just to write about anything...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 10:22 AM | Show all posts
nooooo, you don't have to be ashame of yourself. languages aren't static, they are evolving every single time. we always need to update them and although you've proficiency in the language but you fail to use it around due to certain factors, then you'll need to polish it or start it all over again. it applies to any language including malay
genot Post at 2-3-2010 16:53

hik3x.. You make me shock! Thanks! You are really nice qenot! Im try to be not ashame! by the way i actually not ashame at all! i still trying to speaking in english when ever im on English Group! Qenot! what is your race! i can see your post before , you can speak in chinese, siam, tamil and so over else! Where you are? are you errusians?! (kacukan)..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 10:30 AM | Show all posts
I wrote your reply just now and when I am about to finish, I mispressed the Back Space key and everything just disappear...
how disappointed and frustrated I am because it took me quite some time ...
marumaru Post at 2-3-2010 21:45

I just know some word in chinesse! but its still wise spell in Malay   For your information qenot also know how to speaking in chinesse! And if you have known some nick, its cikedis_mango also good in chinesse! There are my laoshi at another board! About your signature try to asking qenot! i also want to know about that! I can teach you one word for today ! OKEH   Nin hao! in chinesse its mean "Hello"..   Hah about your post at Qenot , concerning Phrase in Movies! I want tell one for today ! quotation from Terminator maybe:re: !actor by arnold scwanzeger  "Im back".

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 10:32 AM | Show all posts
Hi everyone!!I just found out this thread. It's one of good threads in Cari. Overall all people here can write a good english. I can see most of you are above the average. For me, I have a problem wit ...
carsein Post at 2-3-2010 22:26

Hye Carsein ! You are Welcome ! Please Have a seat! What do you want Coffee or something else! We have new newspaper for today ! like japanesse drama "attention Please!"  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-3-2010 10:34 AM | Show all posts
what have you been doing for the past five years?
marumaru Post at 3-3-2010 08:46

Its mean before right?
Marumaru feel free to start 1st! I will support to make you more confident!  Lets Come! Sharing with ours!

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 10:44 AM | Show all posts
55# naikAntena

nin hao naikantena...
actually my signature means "looking for friends right now"
I remember one phrase from the terminator too...
It says like this, "Astalavista,baby"...
I am sure you have heard it too..
and the actor"s name...until now I just dont know if I could  spell it correctly...
arnold schwarzeneger...did I get it right?

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 10:55 AM | Show all posts
Its mean before right?
Marumaru feel free to start 1st! I will support to make you more confident!  Lets Come! Sharing with ours!
naikAntena Post at 3-3-2010 10:34

yes, it means before...
what I have been doing for the past five years?
urmm..let me think first...
five years ago I gave birth to my son and since then I have been a housewife...
doing all the house chores and raising my son...

that is all I have been doing...
quite boring huh?
so it is your turn now naikAntena...
tell us about yourself...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-3-2010 10:58 AM | Show all posts
58# marumaru

hkahkahka
yeahh!! Altalavista baby! Do you know what its mean! Altalavista meaning is "Goodbye Baby". mm.. i try to remember  and i think its from Judgement Day Episodes! I think you more correct than me!  So hard to spell out his name!  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 02:32 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086948 second(s), 41 queries .