CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2-6-2018 07:07 PM | Show all posts
“Every reader finds himself. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument that makes it possible for the reader to discern what, without this book, he would perhaps never have seen in himself.”
― Marcel Proust, Time Regained

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-6-2018 07:07 PM | Show all posts
“When you write about what you dream, you become a writer.

When you dream about what you write, you become haunted by a curse.”
― A. Saleh, Poetry Eyes

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2018 07:08 PM | Show all posts
“If your wife locks you out of the house, you don't have a problem with your door.”
― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2018 07:09 PM | Show all posts
“Relate comic things in pompous fashion. Irregularity, in other words the unexpected, the surprising, the astonishing, are essential to and characteristic of beauty. Two fundamental literary qualities: supernaturalism and irony. "
― Charles Baudelaire, Intimate Journals

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2018 07:09 PM | Show all posts
" The blend of the grotesque and the tragic are attractive to the mind, as is discord to blasé ears. Imagine a canvas for a lyrical, magical farce, for a pantomime, and translate it into a serious novel. Drown the whole thing in an abnormal, dreamy atmosphere, in the atmosphere of great days … the region of pure poetry.”
― Charles Baudelaire, Intimate Journals

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2018 07:10 PM | Show all posts
“Just start the sentence...and see what happens. This is how we write.”
― Jincy Willett, The Writing Class

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-6-2018 07:11 PM | Show all posts
“The writer is the duelist who never fights at the stated hour, who gathers up an insult, like another curious object, a collector's item, spreads it out on his desk later, and then engages in a duel with it verbally. Some people call it weakness. I call it postponement. What is weakness in the man becomes a quality in the writer. For he preserves, collects what will explode later in his work. That is why the writer is the loneliest man in the world; because he lives, fights, dies, is reborn always alone; all his roles are played behind a curtain. In life he is an incongruous figure.”
― Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2018 07:11 PM | Show all posts
“I've always considered writing the most hateful kind of work. I suspect it's a bit like fucking — which is fun only for amateurs. Old whores don't do much giggling. Nothing is fun when you have to do it — over and over, again and again... ”
― Hunter S. Thompson, The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales from a Strange Time

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-6-2018 07:12 PM | Show all posts
“A fine gentleman like that, they said, had no need of books. Let him leave books, they said, to the palsied or the dying. But worse was to come. For once the disease of reading has laid hold upon the system it weakens it so that it falls an easy prey to that other scourge which dwells in the ink pot and festers in the quill. The wretch takes to writing.”
― Virginia Woolf, Orlando

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-6-2018 03:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
When I read a book, I put in all the imagination I can, so that it is almost like writing the book as well as reading it - or rather, it is like living it. It makes reading so much more exciting, but I don't suppose many people try to do it.
Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:36 PM | Show all posts
“There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen to write.”
― William Makepeace Thackeray, The History of Henry Esmond, Esq.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:37 PM | Show all posts
“I...have always known that my destiny was, above all, a literary destiny — that bad things and some good things would happen to me, but that, in the long run, all of it would be converted
into words. Particularly the bad things, since happiness does not need to be transformed: happiness is its own end.”
― Jorge Luis Borges, Seven Nights

Use magic Report

“A letter is always better than a phone call. People write things in letters they would never say in person. They permit themselves to write down feelings and observations using emotional syntax far more intimate and powerful than speech will allow.”
― Alice Steinbach, Educating Alice: Adventures of a Curious Woman

Use magic Report

“Some of this book—perhaps too much—has been about how I learned to do it. Much of it has been about how you can do it better. The rest of it—and perhaps the best of it—is a permission slip: you can, you should, and if you're brave enough to start, you will. Writing is magic, as much the water of life as any other creative art. The water is free. So drink. Drink and be filled up. ”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:38 PM | Show all posts
“He drove his mind into the abyss where poetry is written.”
― George Orwell, Keep the Aspidistra Flying

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:41 PM | Show all posts
A cottage retreat on a hill in Ireland. This cottage is filled with fresh flowers, art supplies, and a double-wide chaise lounge in front of a wood-burning fireplace. There is a cabinet near the front door, where your favorite meals appear, several times a day. Desserts are plentiful and calorie free. The closet is stocked with colorful robes and pajamas, and a painting in the bedroom slides aside to reveal a plasma television screen with every movie you've ever wanted to watch. A wooden mailbox at the end of the lane is filled daily with beguiling invitations to tea parties, horse-and-carriage rides, theatrical performances, and violin concerts. There is no obligation or need to respond.

You sleep deeply and peacefully each night, and feel profoundly healthy. This cottage is yours to return to at any time. ”
― S.A.R.K., Make Your Creative Dreams Real: A Plan for Procrastinators, Perfectionists, Busy People, and People Who Would Really Rather Sleep All Day

A dream come true for some <3

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-6-2018 06:42 PM | Show all posts
“The mind travels faster than the pen; consequently, writing becomes a question of learning to make occasional wing shots, bringing down the bird of thought as it flashes by. A writer is a gunner, sometimes waiting in the blind for something to come in, sometimes roaming the countryside hoping to scare something up.”
― E.B. White, The Elements of Style

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:43 PM | Show all posts
" Far away I knew there were the Horselords on the confines of an ancient Kingdom of Men, but Fanghorn Forest was an unforeseen adventure. I had never heard of the House of Eorl nor of the Stewards of Gondor. Most disquieting of all, Saruman had never been revealed to me, and I was as mystefied as Frodo at Gandalf's failure to appear on September 22.

J.R.R. Tolkien, in a letter to W.H. Auden, June 7, 1955”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:44 PM | Show all posts

“Don't think of what you have to do, don't consider how to carry it out!" he exclaimed. "The shot will only go smoothly when it takes the archer himself by surprise.”
― Eugen Herrigel, Zen in the Art of Archery

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2018 06:44 PM | Show all posts
“Don Quixote could never manage without his patient servant Sancho Panza.”
― Nicholas Tucker, Darkness Visible: Inside the World of Philip Pullman

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 03:11 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088965 second(s), 49 queries .